How do you like your hot coffee?

Raphy23

How do you prefer your coffee?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Your favourite way of drinking coffee?

• Normal Coffee (brewed/drip coffee)
    • Espresso
    • Americano
    • Cappuccino
    • Latte
    • Macchiato
    • Mocha
    • Flat White
    • Cortado
    • Lungo
    • Other

If you want a simple cup of caffeine, what do you make/order? I was going to include ice-coffee but there are so many more options for cold coffee so just hot.

Types-of-Coffee-Drinks_1200X1200.jpg?fit

The reason I started this thread is because I recently came back from a Europe trip, and it was IMPOSSIBLE to find a normal drip coffee anywhere. I always got the same response "is americano okay?". No it is not, but fine. I HATE americanos because they taste like hot water, and for some reason Europe doesn't have coffee drip/brew machines anywhere.

Espressos are okay, but I'm a big guy so I like my morning Large Coffee, so espresso doesn't cut it for me. And I don't like foam so cappuccino is even worse.

I'm happy to be back in Canada where I can order my X-Large coffee for $2 and it doesn't taste like water. :alexz3:

Brewed Aeropress coffee in the morning (A full bodied coffee)

Ice Americano usually at Noon  

Then Brewed coffee or Espresso around 14:00-15:00 

16 minutes ago, Raphy23 said:

The reason I started this thread is because I recently came back from a Europe trip, and it was IMPOSSIBLE to find a normal drip coffee anywhere. I always got the same response "is americano okay?". No it is not, but fine. I HATE americanos because they taste like hot water, and for some reason Europe doesn't have coffee drip/brew machines anywhere.

Espressos are okay, but I'm a big guy so I like my morning Large Coffee, so espresso doesn't cut it for me. And I don't like foam so cappuccino is even worse.

I'm happy to be back in Canada where I can order my X-Large coffee for $2 and it doesn't taste like water. :alexz3:

Yeah I have also noticed that as an American visiting Europe

To answer the OP If i'm out at a coffee shop I will order a latte (iced) with oat milk no sugar. At home I make drip coffee and drink it hot with oat milk no sugar

Either Vietnamese or a latte with oat milk.

31 minutes ago, Raphy23 said:

So it was the opposite for me in north America. I couldn’t drink their coffee. + the sweetness of the bread and everything. 

Normal coffee for me.  I don’t really like milk in my coffee.  

however, I always order iced coffee when available. 

Edited by byzantium

I love me some drip coffee in the morning I prepare in my french press, with a splash of oat x coconut milk. 

From the cafe I'll usually order a Iced latte with Oat milk. 

When I'm on the run I've been trying the new Tims Red Eye Iced coffee with Oat Milk and it's actually amazing for Tims standards! 

13 minutes ago, DonSiblon said:

I love me some drip coffee in the morning I prepare in my french press, with a splash of oat x coconut milk. 

From the cafe I'll usually order a Iced latte with Oat milk. 

When I'm on the run I've been trying the new Tims Red Eye Iced coffee with Oat Milk and it's actually amazing for Tims standards! 

I’m ordering the Tim’s Red Eye right now. I had no idea they had that.

I don't drink coffee often, but when I do, I have it strong and black.

Edited by Sir Galahad

1 minute ago, uusagii said:

I take it with milk and sugar

Yes you can add that to and style of coffee. But how do you like it brewed? Brewed/drip(American style), or from an espresso machine(European style). 

59 minutes ago, Rihbeyga said:

So it was the opposite for me in north America. I couldn’t drink their coffee. + the sweetness of the bread and everything. 

I get the bread thing, but if you find the right grocery/bakery store, they will have freshly baked bread in the european style. I'm polish (born in Canada) so I grew up eating european bread, so I hate the white fluffy Wonder bread :pukey:

But the coffee, what's not to like? Go to any McDonalds, Starbucks or local cafe and ask for a Medium Coffee (either black, or add sugar/cream/milk as you wish). It's perfect to go while sightseeing and just exploring the city. You just have to be careful where you get it, if you get it from a gas station or convenience store it'll taste like poop.

The drip method is perfect for a full-bodied flavour. If it's just an espresso watered down with a bunch of water or milk it doesn't taste good. :michael:

43 minutes ago, Raphy23 said:

I’m ordering the Tim’s Red Eye right now. I had no idea they had that.

Yes get into it! It’s bold and rich, just how I like it. 

I hardly drink coffee, but I like half hot coffee and half cold milk. 

12 minutes ago, DonSiblon said:

Yes get into it! It’s bold and rich, just how I like it. 

It's good. I like the drip coffee+espresso, makes for a nice full bodied coffee. But I don't like the Tims brew, the only drink I like from Tims is the Hazelnut Cold Brew with Espresso Foam. I wish McCafe had redeye. 

Just plain black coffee. I’m sick of sugar being in everything 

I hate hot coffee..

Im an ice coffee girl 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.