Selena Gomez documentary set to be released in Apple TV - Rated R

Selenasworld

31 minutes ago, Godly said:

Exclusive in terms of content and offers, not prices. Everyone and their mothers has a documentary or a project of some kind on Netflix, it's not a big deal anymore. Apple seems to be, so far at least, a lot more selective in their output and constantly attaches big stars with massive salaries in an effort to build a more "prestigious" image and draw new subscribers in. There's a reason why they got Billie's documentary despite being severely less popular than Netflix and other streamers, they're willing to pay a lot more than others if a project is worth the bother.

And generally being one of three celeb documentaries on a fast-rising streaming platform is in itself more exclusive than being the umpteenth bound to get lost in the sea of content churned out by Netflix on the daily.

Again, not so much. I don't think it's so much that they are selective but that they're struggling to get hands on good content before bigger, more successful, streaming giants such as Hulu, Netflix, and HBO Max do. Apple TV is only bringing in a fraction of subscribers as the aforementioned services. What I will say is that them securing Selena for an Apple TV documentary after the success of Billie's is a good move considering the press is buzzing for her acting career with Only Murders, but Apple TV is definitely not considered an elite streaming service by any means. Their originals hardly garner any buzz.

3 minutes ago, popularmoonlight said:

Who owns the streaming service? "lol"  Like other users said, Apple is willing to spend 25 millions dollars on a documentary, unlike Netflix or Hulu. I don't get what you didn't understand about that. The fact that they are worth trillions of dollars, just helps you understand this even further. They're willing to spend on quality content. 

So where's all this "quality" content? The only thing people have been buzzing about on Apple TV is Billie's doc, and I'm not a subscriber or a stan to either. None of their shows create any conversation and the number of subscribers they have compared to the streaming giants proves that. I understand plenty, it's you that has an inability to comprehend. 

32 minutes ago, Mystic Warrior said:

Again, not so much. I don't think it's so much that they are selective but that they're struggling to get hands on good content before bigger, more successful, streaming giants such as Hulu, Netflix, and HBO Max do. Apple TV is only bringing in a fraction of subscribers as the aforementioned services. What I will say is that them securing Selena for an Apple TV documentary after the success of Billie's is a good move considering the press is buzzing for her acting career with Only Murders, but Apple TV is definitely not considered an elite streaming service by any means. Their originals hardly garner any buzz.

I see where you're coming from but I don't think you're giving them enough credit and I believe their approach to original content is mostly paying off in spades.

They have Ted Lasso and Severance on the TV side, the former being both quite a big hit and a major awards player as the latest Comedy Series winner at the Emmys, while the latest is easily one of the most buzzed and acclaimed new shows of the year and similarly got showered with love at the Emmys this year; on top of that, stuff like The Morning Show must be doing good if they're keeping it going despite the lack of critical acclaim and the $2 million paycheck per episode for Jennifer and Reese.

On the movie side, they gambled an unprecedented $25M for the rights to CODA, which pulled off a historic win at the Oscars a few months ago winning Best Picture despite not fitting the profile of traditional winners, and now have a first-look deal for future films by DiCaprio and Scorsese which is obviously huge + they've already worked with and/or are developing projects with heavy hitters such as Clooney, Spielberg, Oprah, McKay, Brad Pitt, etc. 

Not every project hits of course, but they have a respectable roster of programs both released and in development and they're on the right path at least, if they keep attracting in-demand talent and have well-received stuff they're only bound to grow. I'd add it's also at an obvious disadvantage compared to the other streaming giants you mentioned in that it doesn't boast a similarly vast collection of old classics and popular shows that notoriously account for the reason a lot of people subscribe to these services in the first place.

1 hour ago, Godly said:

I see where you're coming from but I don't think you're giving them enough credit and I believe their approach to original content is mostly paying off in spades.

They have Ted Lasso and Severance on the TV side, the former being both quite a big hit and a major awards player as the latest Comedy Series winner at the Emmys, while the latest is easily one of the most buzzed and acclaimed new shows of the year and similarly got showered with love at the Emmys this year; on top of that, stuff like The Morning Show must be doing good if they're keeping it going despite the lack of critical acclaim and the $2 million paycheck per episode for Jennifer and Reese.

On the movie side, they gambled an unprecedented $25M for the rights to CODA, which pulled off a historic win at the Oscars a few months ago winning Best Picture despite not fitting the profile of traditional winners, and now have a first-look deal for future films by DiCaprio and Scorsese which is obviously huge + they've already worked with and/or are developing projects with heavy hitters such as Clooney, Spielberg, Oprah, McKay, Brad Pitt, etc. 

Not every project hits of course, but they have a respectable roster of programs both released and in development and they're on the right path at least, if they keep attracting in-demand talent and have well-received stuff they're only bound to grow. I'd add it's also at an obvious disadvantage compared to the other streaming giants you mentioned in that it doesn't boast a similarly vast collection of old classics and popular shows that notoriously account for the reason a lot of people subscribe to these services in the first place.

I do forget they both house Ted Lasso and Severance, so that is my fault, but I'm only looking at it from how it stands as is and even with those programs, they just feel a little bare as a service. That is probably due in part to your mention of them having a smaller collection of already released films and shows, but I think they could go a little harder. I don't think Apple TV is incapable of catching up to, and even surpassing, all of the streaming moguls that are currently running the game. 

Hell, they've got the Godzilla Monsterverse and that's been wildly successful. I'm sure I'll be eating all of my words here in the next year but as it stands, Apple TV just hasn't impressed me much as a streaming service. I totally understand and respect everything you're saying though. Apple TV has the money and ability to produce quality, plus they have all these deals. Now they just need to make do on all of those deals and show the rest of the competition what they've been cooking up. 

Not Apple... :deadbanana2:

3 hours ago, Mystic Warrior said:

3 hours ago, Mystic Warrior said:

So where's all this "quality" content? The only thing people have been buzzing about on Apple TV is Billie's doc, and I'm not a subscriber or a stan to either. None of their shows create any conversation and the number of subscribers they have compared to the streaming giants proves that. I understand plenty, it's you that has an inability to comprehend. 

You say this with your whole chest and That Soccer series slays all the comedy awards 

20 hours ago, Selenasworld said:

You say this with your whole chest and That Soccer series slays all the comedy awards 

Who?

Rated R for RARE

23 hours ago, Selenasworld said:

Ted Lasso

Maybe instead of getting so defensive, take a few glances up where I give Apple TV credit for Ted Lasso. 

• 3 weeks later...

no offense but i dont get how someone so boring and without talent gets so many opportunities

Who even has Apple TV plus? That’s the one streaming service I don’t have :rip:

Edited by memi stan

28 minutes ago, memi stan said:

Same :dies: I guess I can't help but to subscribe for a month

This ***** already made me get HBOMAX and now im about to shell out the coins for appletv+ smh she has her heel on my neck :jonny: 

This ***** already made me get HBOMAX and now im about to shell out the coins for appletv+ smh she has her heel on my neck :jonny: 

Edited by Save The Day
Double post

10 hours ago, memi stan said:

Same:rip: I hate it 

Netflix is so big here but Apple:deadbanana2:

This :clap3:

Apple TV :rip:

It's Selena how rated R can it be? 

Anyway I'll def be watching 

11 minutes ago, Johnny Jacobs said:

Apple TV :rip:

It's Selena how rated R can it be? 

Anyway I'll def be watching 

It's probably rated R just for vocabulary 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.