CW announces plans to shift focus to 58 year olds

slik

I don't know why 58 is taking me out. :deadbanana:Such a random age. 

the biggest teen (18-48/18-36) network transforming for .. 58 years old :skull:

4 minutes ago, SpankGangsta said:

Didn't know the 58 yrs olds are Riverdale stans

A TV channel runs programming all day. Riverdale, Arrowverse, etc, air in the evening. So the age discrepancy comes from daytime viewing.:giraffe:

Majority of people who watch cable still are basically 50+ year olds. It makes for those cable networks to start shifting to those demographics and keep streaming originals shows for the younger audience. 

8 minutes ago, Frozen99 said:

the biggest teen (18-48/18-36) network transforming for .. 58 years old :skull:

its an awful move cause they got CBS the older demo wont move to a new network they should just keep as is or end it lol

10 minutes ago, livelikemusic said:

Can we just get The WB and UPN back, please?

This.

So I guess, I will watch all the final seasons to the shows I watch now and not bother tuning into the new shows.

23 minutes ago, livelikemusic said:

I miss Kids WB. The way I would be pressed to the TV all Saturday morning long watching Pokemon :chick3:

• ATRL Moderator

Not surprising. You have to have some level of senility to enjoy Riverdale in 2022 I fear.

22 minutes ago, feelslikeadream said:

Not surprising. You have to have some level of senility to enjoy Riverdale in 2022 I fear.

:deadbanana:

Time for them to finally reboot this underrated gem of a sitcom

3 minutes ago, based said:

I came here to mention Reba :lmao:

IIRC It was originally cancelled as CW was trying to target a younger audience and didn’t believe it fit the channel, now look :deadbanana4: 

Just now, CaptainMusic said:

I came here to mention Reba :lmao:

IIRC It was originally cancelled as CW was trying to target a younger audience and didn’t believe it fit the channel, now look :deadbanana4: 

Yeah that is what I remember their reason for canceling it as well, even though it still had great ratings at the time :cries:

Reba has talked about wanting to revive the show for the past decade, and she recently said that she's been "trying really hard" to make it happen. I hope our country queen comes through! :jonny:

7 minutes ago, based said:

Yeah that is what I remember their reason for canceling it as well, even though it still had great ratings at the time :cries:

Reba has talked about wanting to revive the show for the past decade, and she recently said that she's been "trying really hard" to make it happen. I hope our country queen comes through! :jonny:

I don’t usually like reboots but I would love this :jonny5: 

3 hours ago, Harmonizer said:

This.

So I guess, I will watch all the final seasons to the shows I watch now and not bother tuning into the new shows.

Same. I swore once The CW canceled Ringer after one season I'd never watch another series. But I did... now I might be done, aside from Kung-Fu.

3 hours ago, Pikachoo said:

I miss Kids WB. The way I would be pressed to the TV all Saturday morning long watching Pokemon :chick3:

I didn't really watch their kids' programming, but always heard positive things!!!

1 hour ago, based said:

That'd be cute, but most of the predominate cast are doing new series.

4 hours ago, Taste of Honey said:

I don't know why 58 is taking me out. :deadbanana:Such a random age. 

misleading title; as the tweet indicates 58 is ALREADY the average age of the network's viewers

Edited by fridayteenage

4 hours ago, livelikemusic said:

Spearheading with a Charmed and Buffy reboot

4 hours ago, toy soldier. said:

Spearheading with a Charmed and Buffy reboot

And the Sister, Sister reboot, too!

8 hours ago, fridayteenage said:

misleading title; as the tweet indicates 58 is ALREADY the average age of the network's viewers

that's so funny to me :rip:

12 hours ago, Insanity said:

its an awful move cause they got CBS the older demo wont move to a new network they should just keep as is or end it lol

exactly, old ppl are used to they tv, they won't switch

the fact the tv was never profitable, not even during its vampire diaries hey days :dies:

This maybe explains why some of their teen/YA oriented shows were so bad, like people who have never met anyone in that demographic.

I'm still shocked though, 58? :deadbanana2:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.