Climate activists fill golf holes with cement after water ban exemption

Chemist

Context: France has declared a drought in some parts. While residents cannot water their gardens or wash their cars in the worst-hit municipalities, golf courses have escaped the nationwide restrictions.

During a water shortage, rich people can play golf on dead grass :biblio:

no the activists are 100% correct

golf courses are terrible for the environment and local biodiversity! it's just a huge chunk of land that is expensive to maintain and for the most part dead and devoid of all organisms normally found in meadows and forests. 

i can't believe they would get an exception from the water restrictions, but then again i'm also not surprised because it sounds exactly like something the rich and their corrupt establishment would try. burn the golf courses to the ground and let nature take over

Edited by John Slayne

I mean they shouldn't be exempt from restrictions. 

6 minutes ago, HotFriedChicken said:

What reason did the government give for these exemptions? :rip:

Probably the 15,000 jobs in the industry mentioned in the article. I hate how companies can just sit on their own ass for decades and don't adjust to the risks of climate change but when they're affected they can can blackmail the government with their employees.

And they should do it to every golf course in the country :clap3:

If normal people can’t wash their cars or water their gardens but rich people can still play golf, then maybe the climate activists made some points :clap3:

I don't know why these golf courses can't at least use a greywater system. :toofunny3: Rich people are the worst.

No fun anymore I guess. :skull:

The thing is, those activists don't play golf and don't know that holes get moved around anyway. So this is just gonna throw off somebody's day/afternoon at worst and they'll just be back tomorrow. Should have grabbed a golf cart and some dye and gotten some messages across in a more non ignorable way or something I dunno. This would've annoyed the richy rich idiots more who need perfect pretty green grass to 'stay" on their " a game" . Fun fact , some famous golf courses aren't  perfect and are actually quite rough and natural. You don't need perfect manicured terrain for a game and to attract golfers. I don't for a second believe they care about the employees. This is just luxury pretense and saving money over saving water because if the grass dies out it would be very expensive to fix it (I think) But in a world of vastly depleting resources and dying climate... playgrounds of the rich should be the first to go. Ironically, they'll keep these active before they give your family shelter from the smoldering heat in the near apocalyptic heatwave future I guess . :deadbanana2:

Edited by Moon

1 hour ago, princedonte said:

No fun anymore I guess. :skull:

Not for the rich, no :heart:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.