Disney+ Raises Streaming Price by 38%, Offers Plans With Ads

okgo

Hulu too. Ugh, I knew this would happen. Streaming prices are almost turning into cable's combined. 

And this is how I knew streaming was eventually going to become a bad idea. Blaming all these steep price increases on "bigger budgets for shows".

The only thing worthy of Disney plus are the mcu shows and that's a big stretch because some shows are meh. I legit cannot picture spending that much in a service with so little diversity in content :rip:

People can ***** about Netflix, but they at least have variety :gaycat:

I’m sick of this, and puts into context the greed when you put in the percent increase. 

I mean it’s only going to $10 but hopefully it doesn’t exceed beyond that, D+ doesn’t have the catalogue that Netflix or HBO Max has to charge that much money. :rip:

It's Disney, what were y'all expecting? :bibliahh:

But to be fair, the service has so much content :rip: It needs to be payed.

Edited by magazine

Let’s hope it doesn’t get increases in LATAM because the catalog is whack for the most part.

Y’all hoping it won’t increase anymore :bibliahh: I don’t need to be a psychic to tell you that it will. You underestimate the greed of these corporations 

21 minutes ago, magazine said:

It's Disney, what were y'all expecting? :bibliahh:

But to be fair, the service has so much content :rip: It needs to be payed.

And it’s trash content. :skull: had for a month and didn’t use it. Hulu alone>>>

Edited by Superbitch

I think that some of these platforms are going bankrupt the next few years.

With inflation people are going to start picking only one or two platforms and stick with them or start canceling and subscribing every month to a new one.

I already canceled Disney, soon will cancel netflix and stick only with Hbo and apple tv with a few sub channels 

Piracy is, and always will be, the superior method. :clap3:

1 hour ago, NoisYBoY said:

Piracy is, and always will be, the superior method. :clap3:

Keeping up with where you are everywhere is more difficult though

Ot: Okay :kitty:

Its still pretty cheap and I really use it a lot  

See, if they upped it by just $2 (making it $10) it'd been more acceptable especially considering they price will go up again at some point, but the $3 more a month just to not see ads starts to look expensive. For comparison, it's almost half of the price of the current monthly price. Add this to the fact that Disney+ is far behind competition in terms of catalog size and variety, it's simply bad for consumers on the long run.

I'll definitely buy an annual plan before prices go up, but I'm not happy with the direction streaming services are going. It's basically cable all over again.

Do they really think this is wise when inflation is so high? Like people aren’t gonna prioritise Disney…

Video streaming services are really shooting themselves in the foot; the original appeal of netflix was that for $10 you had a replacement for cable, but now most people are having to subscribe to multiple services to get what they want, prices are increasing, shows are being further and further divided between different platforms, peoples favourite shows are getting cancelled too soon, each site has a ton of filler that just makes it harder to find something worth watching.

The music industry mostly beat out piracy by making music so easy and affordable with streaming that piracy made no sense for the average user, video should have tried to go a similar way. I fear piracy is coming back.

Their content is trash in my country and the app sucks..

I won't use it for free 

Well, I guess is time to come back to piracy.
I tried with Netflix and now Disney, but they´re greedy af so whatever, I can get the shows for free through piracy.

4 hours ago, skyupsahl said:

Video streaming services are really shooting themselves in the foot; the original appeal of netflix was that for $10 you had a replacement for cable, but now most people are having to subscribe to multiple services to get what they want, prices are increasing, shows are being further and further divided between different platforms, peoples favourite shows are getting cancelled too soon, each site has a ton of filler that just makes it harder to find something worth watching.

The music industry mostly beat out piracy by making music so easy and affordable with streaming that piracy made no sense for the average user, video should have tried to go a similar way. I fear piracy is coming back.

Yep, agree with everything.

We can get the shows through piracy in just 5 minutes :skull: So their loss tbh

Piracy is definitely going to come back

If theres something I want to watch that's on another service I'm not subscribed to, it takes the same amount of time to to**ent it as it would for me to sign up for another streaming service

Gas, oil and food prices are going up and they think it's good idea to shoot up prices for streaming shows as if that's a priority for middle and poor class people :rip:

5 hours ago, skyupsahl said:

Music is a lot cheaper to make, especially since artists don't get that well paid for it. With tv I really don't see how these companies can pay for new content as well as pay for rights to old stuff for only $10 a month per viewer (especially when people share accounts). One show can cost millions and millions to make.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.