&Juliet heads to Broadway (feat. Max Martin songs; Ariana, Demi, Britney, etc.)

ALittleGauche

spacer.png

Created by the Emmy®-winning writer from “Schitt’s Creek,” this hilarious new musical flips the script on the greatest love story ever told. & Juliet asks: what would happen next if Juliet didn’t end it all over Romeo? Get whisked away on a fabulous journey as she ditches her famous ending for a fresh beginning and a second chance at life and love—her way.

Opening to critical acclaim in London's West End in 2019, the show was nominated for nine Laurence Olivier Awards in 2020, including Best New Musical. Three of its performers — Miriam-Teak Lee, Cassidy Janson and David Bedella — won Oliviers for their performances of Juliet, Anne and Lance, respectively. It also received a record-breaking thirteen nominations at the 2020 WhatsOnStage Awards, winning six, including Best Actress in a Musical for Lee.

Juliet’s new story bursts to life through a playlist of pop anthems as iconic as her name, including Since U Been Gone‚ Roar, Baby One More Time, Larger Than Life‚ That’s The Way It Is, and Can't Stop the Feeling—all from the genius songwriter/producer behind more #1 hits than any other artist this century. Break free of the balcony scene and get into this romantic comedy that proves there’s life after Romeo. The only thing tragic would be missing it.

& Juliet comes direct from London’s West End with an award-winning creative team that includes writer David West Read, songwriter and music producer Max Martin, choreographer Jennifer Weber, and director Luke Sheppard.

Trailer:

I've seen this musical 4 times in Toronto at the Mirvish Theatre I'm still as obsessed as ever. They end their run here on August 14. Initially, the shows were doing okay, but word-of-mouth caught on and their last few shows have been sold out. It's been difficult to find tickets.

For those going to see this on Broadway, I suggest going in blindly and being delightfully surprised by the story and the playlist. It's a very, very fun musical and the people coming out of the theatre after each show have been passionate about their response. I might plan to fly to New York to see it again. 

Edited by ALittleGauche

WAIT how am I in Toronto and I didn’t know this was the Max Martin musical?? 

I have been so out of the musical theatre loop lately. I didn’t even know he was done writing it :deadbanana4:

If it’s as you say and too late to get tickets before they close, then that’s heartbreaking :monkey:

this musical was truly awful, I can’t believe they even financed it in the first place and that it’s moving to Broadway 

I was absolutely stoked when they announced &Juliet would finally make it’s way to North America with the Toronto production and then Broadway. I wonder if they did any changes to it or if it’ll remain the same heading to Broadway. Either way, I can’t wait for this show to be a hit on B’way.

I'm going to NY in December and looked up tickets. They're pretty expensive :noparty:

• 1 month later...

Be prepared to be lifted out of your seats! This starts on Friday, October 28. Buy your tickets now before word of mouth gets stronger. This will be THE must-see show on Broadway. If you're planning a trip to New York, add this to your itinerary. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.