• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Freaky Prince

• Roger

• jóga

• Dragonfly

Shadow Works was cute, i need more songs like Mimicry

Since we obvsly get Powerpuff Girls/Utopia-like concept, I'm confident it'll slap

OT: What happened to the Feral Hearts album? Ik she dropped 3 singles from it and that's it, did anything l worded from that session? These 3 singles were immaculate and it's a shame nothing happened (except Shadow Works which I don't want to talk about)

15 minutes ago, shinri said:

Since we obvsly get Powerpuff Girls/Utopia-like concept, I'm confident it'll slap

OT: What happened to the Feral Hearts album? Ik she dropped 3 singles from it and that's it, did anything l worded from that session? These 3 singles were immaculate and it's a shame nothing happened (except Shadow Works which I don't want to talk about)

she had an album going with it, I think I read a few months ago it was called Deepest Roots but she turned it into an EP with just the released tracks? And no leaks I know of.

2 hours ago, shinri said:

Wasn’t that around the time she was trying to get selected for Eurovision? And she used up all the money from the campaign (was there a campaign to put her album out? I swear I remember this but idk) for the videos + the intended Eurovision song? Idk I may just be tripping. 

but yes Shadow Works was flavorless and uninspired. Hopefully whatever she’s coming out with is better than that. 

she also said that whoever DMs her may get to be part of a “secret club” so maybe we’ll get snippets and info soon 

She is teasing a continuation to this bop and/or its video 

1 minute ago, SweetTalker said:

Wasn’t that around the time she was trying to get selected for Eurovision? And she used up all the money from the campaign (was there a campaign to put her album out? I swear I remember this but idk) for the videos + the intended Eurovision song? Idk I may just be tripping. 

but yes Shadow Works was flavorless and uninspired. Hopefully whatever she’s coming out with is better than that. 

she also said that whoever DMs her may get to be part of a “secret club” so maybe we’ll get snippets and info soon 

Yep, she started something like KickStarter for that album, achieved the goal and scrapped it and for those who paid, she just sent out a random EP with already released songs + that Eurovision song and some remix versions of the already released songs. That era was hella messy but song-wise, probably her best one :psyduck: Apparently the album wasn't even done at the time she started it, but idk

I would love Utopia 10th anniversary edition with the original tracklist :gaycat:

QUEEN. INVENTED VISUALS AND CREATIVITY!

Yesss my girl returning

She did a song with one of my favourite bands a little while ago

So been eager for new music ever since :worship:

Shadow Works was so good! I love that album so much. Everybody Bleeds The Same, Giving Up The Ghost, Savages >>  Honestly some of her best work. I hope she releases some more music soon

a throwback to Army of Love? interesting

we want justice for the original Utopia :clap3:

14 hours ago, shinri said:

Is that confirmed or are you judging by the teaser?

On 8/9/2022 at 2:53 PM, Freaky Prince said:

Is that confirmed or are you judging by the teaser?

I think she mentioned it somewhere that she wants to do a Utopia-like project again, I might be also completely wrong and think of someone else saying that about their other album, but let's say I'm 80% sure it was Kerli + teaser's aesthetic and it's title would only confirm it further :celestial4:

The last time I heard of her was when army of love was released :deadbanana4:

We'll see what she'll bring 

hyped 

finally my Kerli avi gets to be seen in a Kerli thread <3

Okay so, here's what I've gathered:

Kerli has been teasing Utopia/ AOL era visuals, and has hinted at a continuation of this era. What I think is interesting though, is how she's been commenting a lot about "the simulation," societies dependency on technology/ social media, and "the end of times." She uses the alien monster video game emoji a lot recently ? She posted an IG story recently with new album visuals in the back, and it very much gave Utopia/AOL mixed with Motomami (she had a pink motorcycle helmet with some stuff glued on it lol).

I think we are about to get a continuation of Utopia, but "Dystopia" if you will. A electropop album about the simulation, technology, etc. More pop than Shadow Works i'd say but still heavily electronic. and I'm EXCITED. Utopia era was paid dust, truly her XCX World. I'm ready for another Cant Control The Kids. 

2 hours ago, shinri said:

I think she mentioned it somewhere that she wants to do a Utopia-like project again, I might be also completely wrong and think of someone else saying that about their other album, but let's say I'm 80% sure it was Kerli + teaser's aesthetic and it's title would only confirm it further :celestial4:

Utopia her best album, so we will win :clap3:

2 hours ago, Cruel Summer said:

The ******* Shadow Works shade in the very first reply to the thread, how dare y’all? :redface: 

The 2016 singles set the bar too high and then she came with a 2012 shelved DJ album :redface:

On 8/9/2022 at 1:10 AM, shinri said:

She had no funds left for the album to be finished since she was independent (she left Ultra Records and afterwards released those 3 singles + the ESC one)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.