Don’t ever trust or love anybody

skwonderfactory

you cannot fully trust anyone, that's for sure, trust only yourself

but experiencing love is the best thing in the world so don't resent love 

3 hours ago, Dolce Vita said:

I had a boyfriend for nearly 3 weeks. We had celebrated the holidays together. He had seen my full range of emotion—sadness, anger…joy. We had grown together, I had thought. But then one day, he told me he no longer loved me. I was devastated.

For days I just felt that pain. I drank heavily in hopes to distract myself. I wept openly in front of my friends. I’d play Addison Rae songs late at night and would just lose it. I was in mourning. Losing a love that I had in my life for so long, felt a lot like losing someone who had died. And I suppose someone, or more like something did die—his love for me.

It took me weeks to realize that he did me a favor by breaking my heart. I had settled for him – he really wasn’t that great for me. He never made me feel pretty—he was constantly checking out other women. He was rarely there for me—he worked long hours, coming home around 5-6pm every day. And most importantly, I kept many secrets about myself from him. It was hard for me to tell him things, which I feel like was a sign that we were doomed.

I guess when you’re in a relationship, you lie to yourself sometimes to make it work. Him leaving me was a gift in many ways. Mainly because I realized I had lost myself in the relationship and actually preferred his cousin who I started dating after we broke up. And although it will take years to mend from the heartbreak, I’m glad I finally found myself again. 

are you still with the cousin?

5 hours ago, TROPICUM said:

sorry off topic but weren't u involved in Fergie's manager mess like 4 years ago?

:deadbanana2:

Sounds like you let your well being and confidence depend on external factors (like someone else's actions and behaviour).

You need to learn to build confidence and self love from within. That way you build a strong foundation that will not tumble if something that is out of your control happens.

That way you can also love unconditionally without taking too much damage if the that person betrays your trust since your confidence and well-being has a different source.

1 hour ago, Frozen99 said:

you cannot fully trust anyone, that's for sure, trust only yourself

but experiencing love is the best thing in the world so don't resent love 

are you still with the cousin?

yes! it’s been 6 months and ive never been happier :heart:

22 minutes ago, Dolce Vita said:

yes! it’s been 6 months and ive never been happier :heart:

billieeilishgifs | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgir

happy for you :alexz3:

The gay community is toxic af. Being single works tbh

8 hours ago, Virtuesque said:

LAST NIGHT: A guy who'd frequent the club/bar that I danced at ask me out multiple times. Told him I wasn't ready to date, but he seemed nice. I finally said yes, and he really stood me up. $30 uber to. $40 uber from. Albeit solo, I still had food/drinks ($30). 

No message. No apology. Yet, he viewed my stories on ig. Don't want to say anything because he's a regular, but I absolutely agree. Men are ****.

Damn, I’m so sorry. I don’t know what I would have done TBH. Probably just enjoyed myself but like…

7 hours ago, Dolce Vita said:

I had a boyfriend for nearly 3 weeks. We had celebrated the holidays together. He had seen my full range of emotion—sadness, anger…joy. We had grown together, I had thought. But then one day, he told me he no longer loved me. I was devastated.

For days I just felt that pain. I drank heavily in hopes to distract myself. I wept openly in front of my friends. I’d play Addison Rae songs late at night and would just lose it. I was in mourning. Losing a love that I had in my life for so long, felt a lot like losing someone who had died. And I suppose someone, or more like something did die—his love for me.

It took me weeks to realize that he did me a favor by breaking my heart. I had settled for him – he really wasn’t that great for me. He never made me feel pretty—he was constantly checking out other women. He was rarely there for me—he worked long hours, coming home around 5-6pm every day. And most importantly, I kept many secrets about myself from him. It was hard for me to tell him things, which I feel like was a sign that we were doomed.

I guess when you’re in a relationship, you lie to yourself sometimes to make it work. Him leaving me was a gift in many ways. Mainly because I realized I had lost myself in the relationship and actually preferred his cousin who I started dating after we broke up. And although it will take years to mend from the heartbreak, I’m glad I finally found myself again. 

I’m proud of you :heart2:

3 hours ago, katara said:

Sounds like you let your well being and confidence depend on external factors (like someone else's actions and behaviour).

You need to learn to build confidence and self love from within. That way you build a strong foundation that will not tumble if something that is out of your control happens.

That way you can also love unconditionally without taking too much damage if the that person betrays your trust since your confidence and well-being has a different source.

Thank for trying to evaluate me, but you are actually incorrect. I do have self-love and confidence. Sure, I lack it in specific situations and moments but I am more self-assured then I have ever been.

11 hours ago, TROPICUM said:

sorry off topic but weren't u involved in Fergie's manager mess like 4 years ago?

:rip: 

On 8/8/2022 at 3:27 PM, Dolce Vita said:

Sorry to hear this story of yours but yeah at some point when you have low self worth, you will betray yourself just to keep the relationship going or the fear of losing the other person but I tell you this, never ever do that to yourself, compromise and cooperation is important but by lying to ourselves is not a good idea. 

I would rather lose people than having to question my self worth, my values just to keep accompany, not worth it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.