Top Posters In This Topic

• QueenBLadyG

• Lovett

• glamrock<3

• Rotunda

:chick2:

An act from the 90s chewing like this without lifting a finger :jonnycat:

39 minutes ago, glamrock&lt;3 said:

You spoke the words out of my mind.. like, I say this as someone who's followed Gaga's career from the beginning of her mainstream career.. 2008 before Just Dance starting to truly rise on the charts. She has the creativity and vision.. but, the execution has produced mixed results (this is evident in the latter half of her career). 

RIGHT? Like, Chromatica as a record DESTROYS, I mean Alice, 911, hell even Stupid Love SLAPS! But the visual which is soooo essential to making pop bangers take off to that next level just... isn't there. The iPhone deal basically killed her era, I knew she was going for camp but it leaned to cheap more than intentionally campy :deadbanana2:

Had she gone full budget and gave SL a full tribe gay CGI fest video we mightve looked at a smash hit.

Now that I say it I pray and TRUST Bey doesn't fall in the same pithole for the Renaissance visuals!

11 hours ago, Doogle said:

Born This Way - 1,108,000

ARTPOP - 258,000

Why would you do this to yourself :sad: 

So you agree? RENAISSANCE is Bey's ARTPOP era? :) 

6 minutes ago, Pop said:

No, you took the lowest estimation of the sales prediction:rip:

These numbers are not even a decline from Lemonade, just a reflection of the current market.

In 2016 people were still buying physical copies, I mean Adele and Taylor were selling millions first week, now they sell 600k-800k, but none is able to pass the million. Taylor’s last studio album also did 300k without bundles which is what Bey is doing.

Beyonce didn’t decline, is just impossible to match the numbers from the mid 2010s. Without bundles, physical copies and just streaming.

Selling 500k rn is like selling 900k- 1 million in 2015.

Edited by Trent W

3 hours ago, Hot Volcano said:

I'm sorry but this is so idiotic. Taking away Gaga's credit for her own numbers even tho SHE wrote and co-produced all those songs that turned out to be hits? :biblio:  Ariana had multiple other collabs with other artists that failed to become hits, she's far from having Drake status with every song featuring her becoming a hit :toofunny2: 

And the utter irony in this being used as an argument in favor of Beyonce when we all know damn well she barely has an actual writing/producing input in her songs :toofunny2:

Joanne (201k) -> ASIB (238k) -> Chromatica (274k)

Gaga worked hard on these acclaimed projects (every album won either a Grammy or an Oscar) and her numbers getting bigger with every new project containing original music is quite impressive considering how much her numbers dipped after BTW.

I'm rooting for Bey, she deserves her success and she is already in the legends teritory. Not all of us Monsters are haters. 

Maybe you can use some other arguments againts Gaga and in favor of Beyonce WITHOUT taking away credit for either of them as they are hard working women, the easiest thing for you or any of us is to log in to a forum while being anonymous and "drag" them when they have achieved more than any of us would in 3 lifetimes :doc:

The way you SPILLED :soda:

13 hours ago, Doogle said:

ARTPOP - 258,000

OMFG :bibliahh:

Queen Bey back and stomping - these are fantastic numbers!!

4 hours ago, Hot Volcano said:

I'm sorry but this is so idiotic. Taking away Gaga's credit for her own numbers even tho SHE wrote and co-produced all those songs that turned out to be hits? :biblio:  Ariana had multiple other collabs with other artists that failed to become hits, she's far from having Drake status with every song featuring her becoming a hit :toofunny2: 

And the utter irony in this being used as an argument in favor of Beyonce when we all know damn well she barely has an actual writing/producing input in her songs :toofunny2:

Joanne (201k) -> ASIB (238k) -> Chromatica (274k)

Gaga worked hard on these acclaimed projects (every album won either a Grammy or an Oscar) and her numbers getting bigger with every new project containing original music is quite impressive considering how much her numbers dipped after BTW.

I'm rooting for Bey, she deserves her success and she is already in the legends teritory. Not all of us Monsters are haters. 

Maybe you can use some other arguments againts Gaga and in favor of Beyonce WITHOUT taking away credit for either of them as they are hard working women, the easiest thing for you or any of us is to log in to a forum while being anonymous and "drag" them when they have achieved more than any of us would in 3 lifetimes :doc:

:clap3:Such a great, respectful, fact-based post. And mind you, Gaga's comeback didn't occur because her PR team forced it to, it occurred because she focused on showcasing her raw talent and the public reacted accordingly. Beyonce fans are upset over these numbers for some reason so they run to Gaga to bash her. But at the end of the day, Gaga has the acclaimed acting career and that music Oscar Beyonce will never have despite trying so many times. That's what really gets these girls riled up. Gaga has accomplished EVERYTHING Bey has, but Bey has not accomplished everything Gaga has.  

2 hours ago, glamrock&lt;3 said:

You spoke the words out of my mind.. like, I say this as someone who's followed Gaga's career from the beginning of her mainstream career.. 2008 before Just Dance starting to truly rise on the charts. She has the creativity and vision.. but, the execution has produced mixed results (this is evident in the latter half of her career). 

y'all do know Chromatica is Gaga's most acclaimed album, right? At least according to the reviews. more often than not, music reviews are about the artist and how reviewers feel about them than they are about the actual music. someone like beyonce will always get good reviews because her PR team has made it impossible to critique her without being called racist. gaga has always been a polarizing figure so even some of her best work has not received the acclaim it should have. there's a reason her work post ASIB/image reinvention has her highest scores (ASIB, Chromatica). that reason is that it stopped being cool to be "hateful" or critical of gaga so reviewers are more relaxes with her now.

--- 

anyways, i knew those articles about 600k+ were setting her up. she needs to fire whichever PR person thought dropping those articles would be a good idea. these numbers are much more realistic and are still good numbers in 2022. :rip: 

2 hours ago, Pop said:

You just stay embarrassing, all of the time :rip:

5 hours ago, Hot Volcano said:

Its a known FACT, even Kelis brought it up the other day, I wasn't taking any credit from Bey, sit your ass down :coffee2:

You don't have any information about her contributions and using a bitter Kelis' rant as proof of anything - proves nothing. You both sound like angry trolls. She's still upset about being "stolen" from when its a drum sample she's associated with on a song she had nothing to do with except sing. She didn't write or produce Milkshake. The Neptunes did. She needs a life and a dude to ride.

All collaborators of Beyoncé only praise her abilities and contributions to the project and say she's more than capable. There's nothing wrong with throwing ideas off of others and collaborating to create art. You and anyone saying otherwise sound like a complete snob. You have no insight. You aren't in the studio. 

Edited by QueenBLadyG

16 hours ago, HeWolf said:

In Europe its gonna serve 3-37-98-OUT

She's not the one risking jail. 

She will be good. 

15 hours ago, Doogle said:

ARTPOP - 258,000

The $0,99 songstress inflating her opening week numbers for BTW only to suffer one of the most severe declines ever. 

Poor thing. 

Not Gaga‘a strategy being discussed here. 

My God! I hate it here 

4 hours ago, Trent W said:

These numbers are not even a decline from Lemonade, just a reflection of the current market.

In 2016 people were still buying physical copies, I mean Adele and Taylor were selling millions first week, now they sell 600k-800k, but none is able to pass the million. Taylor’s last studio album also did 300k without bundles which is what Bey is doing.

Beyonce didn’t decline, is just impossible to match the numbers from the mid 2010s. Without bundles, physical copies and just streaming.

Selling 500k rn is like selling 900k- 1 million in 2015.

Finally some sense in here 

I scream at how Gaga gets mentioned in every thread about Bey :skull: 

--

These numbers really aren't so bad. I mean Adele went from 3m to like what... 800k? And that's not shade, debuts just aren't as high as before. Drake, Taylor, etc. all declined as well. Bey bounced back really well from the "flop" eras, kudos to her :clap3: 

On 7/30/2022 at 11:57 AM, The Music Industry said:

Why is everyone pretending like this is excellent? It's not a complete bomb but it's still nothing to really brag about 

Its absolutely something to brag about. How many artists who have been in the game for over 20 years are even doing above 200k these days? Not to mention she has no visuals, no performances, no bundles. If Renaissance had the same push as say Billie Eilish or something she’d be doing a lot more. But given the circumstances, this is def brag material and good news for hive

Y'all are a mess. :rip:

This album is not mainstream, her r&b loving fans won't support this + this really is an album for gay culture with references almost no one outside of the LGBTQ+ Community will get. 

Those numbers are amazing! Newer, hotter, more popular pop girls with trendy LPs that appeal to the GP don't even pull those numbers.

10 hours ago, Pop said:

You're embarrassing yourself.

The Olympic level mental gymnastics her haters are doing in here to try and make these numbers out to be bad :rip:

Great numbers for an album with 0 visuals and no massive promo, not everyone has that :gaycat:

Edited by Gottasadae

It's dropping quite hard on Spotify, as expected, but the numbers are still phenomenal. She did no promotion outside of the Vogue interview, it's really amazing she can do these numbers so far into her career. And the album is not accessible at all either.

11 hours ago, Bang Up said:

:clap3:Such a great, respectful, fact-based post. And mind you, Gaga's comeback didn't occur because her PR team forced it to, it occurred because she focused on showcasing her raw talent and the public reacted accordingly. Beyonce fans are upset over these numbers for some reason so they run to Gaga to bash her. But at the end of the day, Gaga has the acclaimed acting career and that music Oscar Beyonce will never have despite trying so many times. That's what really gets these girls riled up. Gaga has accomplished EVERYTHING Bey has, but Bey has not accomplished everything Gaga has.  

y'all do know Chromatica is Gaga's most acclaimed album, right? At least according to the reviews. more often than not, music reviews are about the artist and how reviewers feel about them than they are about the actual music. someone like beyonce will always get good reviews because her PR team has made it impossible to critique her without being called racist. gaga has always been a polarizing figure so even some of her best work has not received the acclaim it should have. there's a reason her work post ASIB/image reinvention has her highest scores (ASIB, Chromatica). that reason is that it stopped being cool to be "hateful" or critical of gaga so reviewers are more relaxes with her now.

--- 

anyways, i knew those articles about 600k+ were setting her up. she needs to fire whichever PR person thought dropping those articles would be a good idea. these numbers are much more realistic and are still good numbers in 2022. :rip: 

tiffany-pollard-laughing.gif

Anyway, the way I smell Bey will overperform. Yall are celebrating too quickly, my dear second fanbase

Edited by *-ChriZ-*

1 hour ago, Protocol said:

It's dropping quite hard on Spotify, as expected, but the numbers are still phenomenal. She did no promotion outside of the Vogue interview, it's really amazing she can do these numbers so far into her career. And the album is not accessible at all either.

Does she even need promotion :rip: she’s the biggest household name beside the Kardashians 

I'm not a fan of the album (but it may grown on me) but these are solid numbers, and I honestly think it will increase. Beyonce can still move them albums, amazing. :clap3: 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.