• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• QueenBLadyG

• Lovett

• glamrock<3

• foreverwinter13

Pretty good considering the era has 0 visuals other than a vogue cover

That's literally amazing and i don't even care about the album. Haters are doing too much. :clown:

These are great numbers for anyone regardless of the fact that she's 25 years into her career and she's still to do any promo :cooldown:.

17 hours ago, By the Water said:

No jockstraps needed :clap3:

No the current IT Girl feature needed :clap3:

OT : not bad number for Veteran Artist

Edited by LosingHimWasBlue

With only a 27.6% drop on US Spotify, hopefully the predictions will increase. :duca: It's serving great stability so far, I hope it maintains it.

1 hour ago, MrLovett said:

With only a 27.6% drop on US Spotify, hopefully the predictions will increase. :duca: It's serving great stability so far, I hope it maintains it.

I think it'll increase

What will be awesome, is that the album will stay stable with the visuals coming (whenever they do). 

tbh I don’t think that this album will sell less than “4”, maybe she could do something between 350k - 400k with vinyl and pre-orders 

4 hours ago, Rotunda said:

Don’t lie. This is more than Ariana did with Positions, more than Billie did with Happier Than Ever, more than Gaga did with Chromatica (and bundles). No woman except for Adele and Taylor are passing this number - and it’s cause they’re in a league of their own.

Even some prominent men (Ed, Justin) aren’t seeing numbers close to it. 

Feel free to join us in reality when you get a chance.

Nobody realistically thinks Bey is commercially bigger than Taylor/Adele, stop lying :rip:. We all saw how 25 vs. Lemonade played out, and we all saw how Taylor’s been able to dominate the chart with old ass songs. They’re untouchable. If Bey is doing better than any woman in the game sans 2 artists then I think she’s performing as expected. 

This is more than Chromatica (jockstraps and delayed tour tickets included) 

The jockstraps argument is all you guys have left at this point lol. 

OT: Low numbers, as expected given so many underperforming eras/singles since Lemonade. 

No fraudulent tour bundles. She's still at the top 25 years into her career. Some popstars only last 4 years before they become irrelevant. 

12 minutes ago, TeemoR said:

The jockstraps argument is all you guys have left at this point lol. 

OT: Low numbers, as expected given so many underperforming eras/singles since Lemonade. 

Obviously you’re bad at math so I’ll explain it for you again. Renaissance is projected to outsell Chromatica period. No excuses or caveats needed. For added context however, Chromatica had bundles. Therefore, Renaissance (which has no bundles) is outselling an album that has bundles…

Even if we pretend that Chromatica had no bundles, it’s still getting outsold.

Beyond that, BMS is projected to hit #1, and all Renaissance songs are projected to chart.

The only people that are holding on to old drags are Bey haters, so enjoy the last week of those.

Edited by Rotunda

I wonder if Alien Superstar will sneak into top 10?!  I would die :jonny:

Silk Sonic - An Evening With Silk Sonic.

104K SPS
- 60K SEA (82.6M Streams)
- 42K Sales (24K Digital, 18K CD including Box Set)
- 2K TEA

Ed Sheeran - =

118K SPS
- 68K Sales (9k 4 versions Vinyl, Box Set, Cassette, Signed album)
- 46.5K SEA (61M Streams)
- 3.5K TEA

Doja Cat - Planet Her

109K SPS
- 96K SEA (106M Streams)
- 10k Sales (6K Digital, 4K limited CD)
- 3K TEA

Billie Eilish - Happier Than Ever

238K SPS
- 153K Sales (73K Vinyl, 46K CD, 10K Cassette, 24K Digital)
- 84K SEA (114M Streams)
- 1K TEA

*8 Vinyls (exclusives for Amazon, indie stores, Target, Urban Outfitters, Walmart) 
*10 CD variants (signed CD for indie stores, alternative packaging hand-painted by Eilish, 3 box sets and a Target-exclusive edition) 
*multiple cassette (including boxed set).

Olivia Rodrigo - Sour

295K SPS
- 218K SEA (300M Streams)
- 72K Sales (Box Set, Target exclusive CD, Signed CD, Cassette)
- 4K TEA

Justin Bieber - Justice

154K SPS
- 119K SEA (157M Streams)
- 30k Sales (Walmart, Target Exclusive CD, 3 Alternative Cover CD, 3 Alternative Cover Cassette)
- 4K TEA

Lizzo - Special

69K SPS
- *39k Sales
- 28k SEA (37M Streams)
- 2k TEA

Lady Gaga - Chromatica

274K SPS
- *205k Sales
- 65K SEA (87.16M)
- 4k TEA

Standard CD , Target Exclusive CD (+3 tracks) , Signed CD 
Limited Cassette ,Limited Picture Disc Vinyl ,Clear Vinyl
Ticket Bundle + "51" Merch Bundles ( Signed Poster, Jockstrap, Thong, etc)

Nicki Minaj - Queen 

185K SPS
- 78K Sales
- 97K SEA (128.7M)
- 10k TEA

CD, Cassette, Vinyl with Signed Postcard.
Ticket Bundle. + 19 Merch Bundle ($5 Poster +album, $10 Pass +album, $15 T-Shirt +album,etc)
"FEFE" was added on Wednesday, increased ±20k SPS.

as usual atrler are trying to discredit B's success. but.. lol 

5 minutes ago, sadnews said:

as usual atrler are trying to discredit B's success. but.. lol 

Interesting how Bey's expected to do over 170-215 million streams in the US while some girls can't even hit 90. Spotify can't save everyone apparently. :priceless:

2 minutes ago, Starshine said:

Interesting how Bey's expected to do over 170-215 million streams in the US while some girls can't even hit 90. Spotify can't save everyone apparently. :priceless:

you know most of them only cite spotify numbers because their fav struggle on AM. lol

12 hours ago, PrudenceHCharmed said:

Didn't y'all drag her enough after The Gift and Everything In Love? Also, she did more than streaming monster Billie, Ariana and Drake, did she not? Especially considering she's coming off a flop era? I remember HDDs prediction thread for Drake is almost cricket and y'all defend him too for his abysmal numbers. 

Adele and Taylor always have higher pure sales anyways, doubling Beyoncé's numbers so why is this shocking? And both of these artists at least make an effort to promote their albums and songs on televised performances. She could've been blocked by Bad Bunny who's 20 years younger but she did not. 

And why are y'all celebrating when the official number isn't even out? HDD could've been wrong (again) and the visual may be coming too. 

To be fair, Drake's latest release came out hours after he announced it with no single to push it first. Similar to CLB (which opened with 613k) from last year except that he announced CLB's release date about 5-7 days before.

He's a streaming artist but his latest release was also critically panned and he never acknowledged it again after the Falling Back video.

Obviously it's early days with Renaissance and the final numbers should be waited for, but the crux of the issue is that with the media hype and support Bey gets, the predictions should be a bit higher, that's all. She didn't surprise release this one and instead gave people one month notice.

Is it bad to say, maybe 400k would have been doable for her? She may not promote, but she's not some obscure, indie artist either that people wouldn't know that she is releasing. 

Personally I'm not celebrating anything, neither did I "drag" her for EIL or The Gift sales (that I even defended given that it was an Afrobeat project and Afrobeats wasn't too globally big as it is now), it's just that there can be some pick-and-choosing and signs of hypocrisy when it comes to sales and depending on whether the artist is liked or not.

You’d think “the queen” would be doing better numbers, still good for her standards though. I think the numbers will go up throughout the week as well.

1 hour ago, Gui Blackout said:

Wasn't the original prediction 400k+? :dancehall:

They way y’all are clinging to predictions nobody actually believed to cope. Stick to reminiscing about calling Bey a monkey. :heart2:

1 hour ago, St. Francis said:

Obviously it's early days with Renaissance and the final numbers should be waited for, but the crux of the issue is that with the media hype and support Bey gets, the predictions should be a bit higher, that's all. She didn't surprise release this one and instead gave people one month notice.

Is it bad to say, maybe 400k would have been doable for her? She may not promote, but she's not some obscure, indie artist either that people wouldn't know that she is releasing

I’m sorry you’re really grasping at straws here. A bunch of random cultural critics from Vulture, AV Club, or Pitchfork making articles does not translate to 100k+ in sales. It just doesn’t. If you’re annoyed that people call her Queen Bey when she isn’t the top selling woman then fine, but critical acclaim, cultural relevance and reverence do not directly translate into commercial sales. Many of the legends were never the biggest sellers.

Acting like it’s underwhelming for a 40 year old woman who’s been in the game for over 20 years to outdo everyone but 2-3 other women (none of which whom share her racial background, core genre, or tenure in the industry) is ludicrous. It literally requires the ultimate spin to think something isn’t adding up here. 

21 minutes ago, VOSS said:

You’d think “the queen” would be doing better numbers, still good for her standards though. I think the numbers will go up throughout the week as well.

It’s good for everyone’s standards bar like 2 other women on the planet. Please join me in reality. 

22 minutes ago, Pop said:

BEYONCE - 617K

Lemonade - 653K

RENAISSANCE - 275K

not a 60% decline :deadbanana4:

Let me quote this post for when we get the final numbers ?

27 minutes ago, Pop said:

BEYONCE - 617K

Lemonade - 653K

RENAISSANCE - 275K

not a 60% decline :deadbanana4:

Do y’all understand that the landscape has changed immensely since the early/mid 2010s

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.