H100: Break My Soul #1

Renan90

Crazy that HDD did her dirty by releasing that ridiculously unwarranted 500k article WAY before the album release and then publishing this...some bs IMO 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• QueenBLadyG

• Lovett

• glamrock<3

• foreverwinter13

7 hours ago, Armani? said:

They're the same??

Kendrick did 350 million streams & 30k pure sales

Beyonce is doing over 170 million Streams and 180k pure sales 

Okay, but Kendrick's sales were considered underwhelming and he was clowned for it.

ATRL : *claims that Beyoncé is over after Everything is Love and The Gift*

Also ATRL : "Only 315k ? I expected more !"

ef9a7be0c3faafaca02dd736f52e07ea.gif

300k without bundles and doing it in a 20 years+ career, not everyone is having that!

48 minutes ago, Harry said:

im shocked with this thread

why are we pretending this is good numbers coz they’re not, and the sheep mindset just for the sake of keeping it cute.

this is not fine and i’m scared for her. there are literally kpop acts doing 5x her numbers and we can’t even counter the local sales excuse :rip:

If this was about any other artist, they would be getting dragged tbh.

I mean it's impressive that Bey is doing big numbers decades into her career in 2022, but she is supposedly "the biggest popstar in the world" and yet she is being outsold by Harry Styles, Taylor and BTS, as well as doing nearly less than 300k.

7 hours ago, BnPac said:

And Beyoncé had a rollout for her album? Where? 

He had a teaser video before his album. And he also had a video for his lead single. 

What more than him does this non existent roll out have? And did you really expect Bey to more than Kendrick? 

16th June 2022 - Album announcement and release date in her British Vogue interview

20th June 2022 - Break My Soul release

25th June 2022 - Album available for pre-order on different formats

30th June 2022 - Album cover reveal 

21st July 2022 - Album tracklist reveal

Is this not a rollout? The only thing missing is the video for Break My Soul. 

The song Kendrick did a video for was not the lead single and it wasn't originally part of the album either. It was only added on streaming services some days after the album release.

Why wouldn't Bey do more than Kendrick? 

Lemonade (2016) - 653k

DAMN (2017) - 603k

Kendrick also has no radio single in rotation currently.

• ATRL Moderator

I don’t see any female artist outside of Adele or Taylor topping this in 2022 so I’m not sure why you’re all trying to spin it as bad :deadbanana2:

Actually I do no know why so no one’s buying it sorry :rip:

Every single Beyoncé album is platinum or more. This means absolutely nothing and never had. Final numbers do!

51 minutes ago, vuelve88 said:

Disappointing after all the paid articles her PR team bought. :gaycat6:

obh have been saying this for like a decade+ :gaycat6: the media and critics just love bey, just accept it :heart2:

Well deserved. She released a FANTASTIC album :clap3:

58 minutes ago, OnlyManInTheWorld said:

Dear Lord. It’s a total DISASTER!!!!!!!

Exactly lol, and they had the nerve to come for Chromatica's numbers

38 minutes ago, St. Francis said:

If this was about any other artist, they would be getting dragged tbh.

I mean it's impressive that Bey is doing big numbers decades into her career in 2022, but she is supposedly "the biggest popstar in the world" and yet she is being outsold by Harry Styles, Taylor and BTS, as well as doing nearly less than 300k.

16th June 2022 - Album announcement and release date in her British Vogue interview

The song Kendrick did a video for was not the lead single and it wasn't originally part of the album either. It was only added on streaming services some days after the album release.

Lemonade (2016) - 653k

DAMN (2017) - 603k

Didn't y'all drag her enough after The Gift and Everything In Love? Also, she did more than streaming monster Billie, Ariana and Drake, did she not? Especially considering she's coming off a flop era? I remember HDDs prediction thread for Drake is almost cricket and y'all defend him too for his abysmal numbers. 

Adele and Taylor always have higher pure sales anyways, doubling Beyoncé's numbers so why is this shocking? And both of these artists at least make an effort to promote their albums and songs on televised performances. She could've been blocked by Bad Bunny who's 20 years younger but she did not. 

And why are y'all celebrating when the official number isn't even out? HDD could've been wrong (again) and the visual may be coming too. 

Edited by PrudenceHCharmed

25 minutes ago, TeemoR said:

Exactly lol, and they had the nerve to come for Chromatica's numbers

:bibliahh:

3 hours ago, Rotunda said:

If only 4 artists are above Bey then that sounds like it’s good :rip:

I dont try to compare her to others. Just by her own standard. Self title did 600k+ with just 3 days, Lemonade a surprise release also did 600k+.

A 50% drop to 300k with 2 months preorder is not great. Its ok but not great or good.

The stream are better than expected but physical is kinda dissapointed.

1 hour ago, St. Francis said:

Lemonade (2016) - 653k

DAMN (2017) - 603k

So if THAT is a rollout ok then Kendrick had

Album announcement 

Teaser video of a song that wouldn't be in the album that ushered the era like all his albums lately 

Album cover reveal 

Lead's song release 

Video of lead's song. 

LOL. 

Why would she do more than him when he is a much bigger streaming artist, most of Lemonade's units came from pure sales which is a dead format. 

Beyoncé is just now releasing her first solo album on all streaming services in the streaming era. The comparison makes little sense. 

I can't at all the faux concern in here :toofunny2: y'all are too much, pretending this woman isn't already made regardless of her first week numbers. 

why are we putting taylor and adele as the standard for beyonce in 2022 tho

she’s supposed to be the biggest and most talented. are we supposed to add olivia too while we’re at it? she’s 40 and 25 years into her career sure but why are we treating her as legacy act and compare her with hasbeens. this is sad 

1 hour ago, St. Francis said:

Okay, but Kendrick's sales were considered underwhelming and he was clowned for it.

Why are Kendrick and Beyonce in the same sentence? He's barely a decade into his mainstream career. And I say this as a huge fan of both.

I don't know what's bit clicking. A 40 year, 20 year vet is matching or exceeding top sellers with only less than half years in the mainstream. This is after being counted out for her side projects. 

7 hours ago, Rican said:

Instead of being bullies to me and accusing me of non sense, ya can ask me as to why I’m the way i’am? If

I’m okay? If I need advice? Etc Not one base besides the Gaga base make me feel that I’m in a safe space. 

:bibliahh::bibliahh:

35 minutes ago, chiliam said:

I dont try to compare her to others. Just by her own standard. Self title did 600k+ with just 3 days, Lemonade a surprise release also did 600k+.

A 50% drop to 300k with 2 months preorder is not great. Its ok but not great or good.

The stream are better than expected but physical is kinda dissapointed.

In reality everyone is declining. Comparing REN to Lemonade numbers is like comparing VIEWS to CLB; 25 to 30; Reputation to EVERMORE; DAMN and Mr Morale. 

There's a long list of artist who couldn't crack 300K in recent times. • Position debuted with 174K (down from 360K)

• Justin Bieber's Justice debuted with 160K

• Ed Sheeran is a collosal flop debuted with 118K (down from 451K)

• Billie debuted with 238K despite being streaming monster, coming off Grammy winning eras and pure seller. 

Same goes to Silk Sonic, Post Malone, The Weeknd and Drake that constantly score hit after hit in the streaming eras. I'm interested to see how Cardi, Nicki, Olivia and Dua is doing on their next releases. Gaga's sales next eras will also be interesting considering her first week numbers is supported by Blackpink and Ariana's feature. 

What I expected. People need to shut up pretending it's low, what 40 year old female is doing those numbers? Britney won't. How it carries on selling is more interesting, the 2nd week drop will probably be very big.

Am I the only one who thinks it's not too good? She's literally everywhere, I expected 500k. :michael:

These are pretty good numbers, but I was hoping for 350k. Hopefully she's able to hit the upper range of the prediction and reach 300k, to keep her 'no less than 300k for a studio album' run. :clap3:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.