H100: Break My Soul #1

Renan90

05-Beyonce-cr-Genevieve-Tate-billboard-pro-1548.jpg

Beyonce’s ‘Renaissance’ Bows at No. 1 on Billboard 200 With Year’s Biggest Debut By a Woman

Plus: ATEEZ, ENHYPEN, $uicideboy$ and Dance Gavin Dance debut in the top 10.

Beyoncé’s Renaissance blasts in at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 albums chart (dated Aug. 13) with 2022’s biggest week by a woman – and the second-largest week of the year overall – as the set launches atop the chart with 332,000 equivalent album units earned in the U.S. in the week ending Aug. 4, according to Luminate.

Notably, Renaissance – Beyoncé’s seventh solo No. 1 album – is the first album released by a woman in 2022 to top the Billboard 200. The last woman at No. 1 was Adele with 30, which ruled for its first six weeks on the list (charts dated Dec. 4, 2021-Jan. 8, 2022). Notably, both 30 and Renaissance were released via Columbia Records (with Renaissance issued through Parkwood/Columbia).

Renaissance is Beyoncé’s seventh solo studio album, and first since the chart-topping Lemonade in 2016. Since then, she teamed with husband Jay-Z on The Carters’ Everything Is Love (2018), released Homecoming: The Live Album and led The Lion King: The Gift soundtrack (both in 2019; all three reached the top five of the Billboard 200). All seven of her solo studio albums have also opened atop the tally (outside of her output as part of Destiny’s Child), starting with Dangerously in Love in 2003.

Unlike Beyoncé’s last two solo albums (Lemonade and her self-titled set in 2013), Renaissance wasn’t a surprise release. The new set was announced in mid-June, preceded by its first single “Break My Soul” on June 20, and was available to purchase on physical formats (both CD and vinyl LP) by street date (July 29). Comparably, her last two solo studio sets before Renaissance were both initially available exclusively only through streamers and digital retailers, and their physical release came later.

Also, unlike her last two studio efforts, Renaissance was not ushered in alongside a longform visual component – or, in fact, any official music videos. The Lemonade project debuted initially on HBO through its same-titled film, while her self-titled effort was initially sold exclusively through iTunes accompanied by 18 music videos. As of Aug. 7, no official videos for Renaissance have been released – only lyric videos and visualizers.

Also in the new top 10 on the Billboard 200: ATEEZ, ENHYPEN and Dance Gavin Dance all score their first top 10 albums as their latest releases debut in the region, while $uicideboy$ collect its third top 10 effort with the No. 7 arrival of Sing Me a Lullaby, My Sweet Temptation.

The Billboard 200 chart ranks the most popular albums of the week in the U.S. based on multi-metric consumption as measured in equivalent album units, compiled by Luminate. Units comprise album sales, track equivalent albums (TEA) and streaming equivalent albums (SEA). Each unit equals one album sale, or 10 individual tracks sold from an album, or 3,750 ad-supported or 1,250 paid/subscription on-demand official audio and video streams generated by songs from an album. The new Aug. 13, 2022-dated chart will be posted in full on Billboard‘s website on Tuesday, Aug. 9. For all chart news, follow @billboard and @billboardcharts on both Twitter and Instagram.

https://www.billboard.com/music/chart-beat/beyonce-renaissance-billboard-200-debut-no-1-1235123568/

Billboard 200: #1(new) @Beyonce, RENAISSANCE 332,000 [179.06 million on-demand streams | 190,000 pure sales].

Billboard 200: #2(-1) Bad Bunny (@sanbenito), Un Verano Sin Ti 104,000 (1,776,000 units since release). *peak: #1 for 7 weeks*

Billboard 200: #3(new) ATEEZ (@ATEEZOfficial), The World EP. 1 : Movement 50,000 [4.02 million on-demand streams | 47,000 pure sales].

Billboard 200: #4(-2) @MorganWallen, Dangerous: The Double Album 49,000 (4,674,000 units since release). *peak: #1 for 10 weeks*

Billboard 200: #5(-2) @Harry_Styles, Harry’s House 46,000 (1,282 units since release). *peak: #1 for 2 weeks*

Billboard 200: #6(new) ENHYPEN (@ENHYPEN_members), MANIFESTO: DAY 1 39,000 [1.29 million on-demand streams | 38,000 pure sales].

Billboard 200: #7(new) @SUICIDEBOYS, Sing Me a Lullaby, My Sweet Temptation 37,000 [43.51 million on-demand streams | 4,000 pure sales].

Billboard 200: #8(new) @DGDtheband, Jackpot Juicer 33,500 [10.37 million on-demand streams | 25,500 pure sales].

Billboard 200: #9(-4) @1future, I NEVER LIKED YOU 31,000 (957,000 units since release). *peak: #1*

Billboard 200: #10(-4) @Drake, Honestly, Nevermind 29,000 (467,000 units since release). *peak: #1*

06-beyonce-cr-Mason-Poole-billboard-1548.jpg

Beyonce’s ‘Break My Soul’ Soars to No. 1 on Billboard Hot 100

Plus, Steve Lacy and Nicky Youre & dazy all earn their first Hot 100 top 10s.

Beyoncé‘s “Break My Soul” bounds to No. 1, from No. 6, on the Billboard Hot 100 songs chart. The song marks the superstar’s eighth solo leader on the list. The track, which debuted at No. 15 six weeks earlier, is from her new LP Renaissance, which launches as her seventh No. 1 on the Billboard 200 albums chart.

Concurrently, two songs ascend to the Hot 100’s top 10: Steve Lacy‘s “Bad Habit” (11-7), which also rises to the top of the Streaming Songs chart, and Nicky Youre and dazy’s “Sunroof” (12-9), marking all three acts’ first trips to the Hot 100’s top tier.

The Hot 100 blends all-genre U.S. streaming (official audio and official video), radio airplay and sales data. All charts (dated Aug. 13, 2022) will update on Billboard.com tomorrow (Aug. 9). For all chart news, you can follow @billboard and @billboardcharts on both Twitter and Instagram.

https://www.billboard.com/music/chart-beat/beyonce-break-my-soul-number-one-hot-100-1235123782/

Edited by Renan90

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• QueenBLadyG

• Lovett

• glamrock<3

• Rotunda

Nice numbers but they are clowns for saying 500k+ was possible. 

:clap3::gayoncecat1:It will be interesting to see how that fanbase will turn this into a flop.

I will predict higher

130-165k SEA

100-250k pure sales

? TEA

Edited by Queenyoncee

Didn't they say 500-600k??

Good numbers, considering her six-year gap between studio albums.

I think it'll go up, but that's a nice start :clap3:

This is good. Hoping for 300k+ like all her previous solo efforts have done :clap3:

Was expecting around 340k so this is quite good. Hope it rises.

300k would be strong especially considering she does no promotion. Like at all. :deadbanana4: 

Let's hope she does 300K or better than 4. 

Hmm, I can see it selling more than that. Regardless.. she's definitely debuting at #1 with at least 200k+ sales. 

Just now, By the Water said:

No jockstraps needed :clap3:

tenor.gif?c=VjFfbWljcm9zb2Z0X3N3aWZ0a2V5

Just now, BnPac said:

Let's hope she does 300K or better than 4. 

I think its very possible she'll end up debuting with 300k+ sales. Luckily her team had physical copies ready in time, so that should help!

I initially predicted 300k so

But I thought she'd get 400k after the amazing streaming. Ppl ain't buying physicals?

Excellent numbers!

This is a female popstar in her 40s, who released an album without a music video, no high profile features, and did almost zero promo. Oh, and one vinyl variant only for first week. Not sure how anyone could drag these numbers in 2022.

Edited by Ice Cream Skies

8 minutes ago, Queenyoncee said:

I will predict higher

130-165k SEA

100-250k pure sales

? TEA

Yea I think it'll go up too

This feels more realistic idk what HDD was on with that original prediction. Steady numbers for a debut.

1 minute ago, Ice Cream Skies said:

This is a female popstar in her 40s, who released an album without a music video, no high profile features, and did almost zero promo. Oh, and one vinyl variant only for first week. Not sure how anyone could drag these numbers in 2022.

Defence is already on. You know it's bad for her

She should've done tour bundles :gaycat1:

No but seriously, I'm hoping for 300k+, this album deserves to at least debut somewhere around what 4 did.

Beyoncé holding the videos is a tell tale sign that she wants the album to have longevity. This will be her first PROPER era since 4. :clap3:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.