ATRL Skincare Thread - Moist faces only

fauxtography

GIRLS

i need some help!! I have rlly bad skin rn, lots of texture, acne scarring, large pores, redness etc.

my skin is super sensitive and dry as well.

I’ve been using cetaphil sensitive face cleanser and ponds dry skin cream for a while now and my skin looks like **** so I guess I need to add more or change my basic routine 

i had cystic acne and was on accutane in my teens which cured the acne on my face but now I have a lot of texture and dark spots/scarring 

what would y’all suggest for smoothing texture, diminishing dark spots and balancing overall complexion? 

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fauxtography

• Ichinaru19

• ♚ PRiNCE HiGH ♚

• Delirious

I’m kinda raw dogging this skin care thing, because it’s so vast and a little overwhelming. i suffered from cystic acne and was on Isotret/Accutane for 6 months.

Acne 90% cleared but dark spots on my cheeks are still the devil but I’ve seen good improvement on my spots and my skin is smoother and has a healthier shine in pictures. My pores still suck tho ?

my routine has been 

morning:

1. cetaphil gentle cleanser in the shower

-gentle daily exfoliator(a couple times a week focused on my cheeks)

2. cerave vitamin c serum 

3. cetaphil oil control moisturizer with sunscreen

Afternoon/after work: rinse face and apply 1. tumeric mask (where needed) for 10-15 mins then rinse. 

2. Aloe Vera( if I’m staying in for the day) or reapply Cetaphil moisturizer with sunscreen.

bedtime

1. Cerave renewing retinol serum mixed with aloe vera (I’m new to retinol and don’t want to irritate my skin so I mix it with my purest moisturizer)

2. Sea Kelp Hyaluronic acid sleep mask a few times a week. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/12/2022 at 11:14 PM, Hallad173 said:

I’m kinda raw dogging this skin care thing, because it’s so vast and a little overwhelming. i suffered from cystic acne and was on Isotret/Accutane for 6 months.

Acne 90% cleared but dark spots on my cheeks are still the devil but I’ve seen good improvement on my spots and my skin is smoother and has a healthier shine in pictures. My pores still suck tho ?

my routine has been 

morning:

1. cetaphil gentle cleanser in the shower

-gentle daily exfoliator(a couple times a week focused on my cheeks)

2. cerave vitamin c serum 

3. cetaphil oil control moisturizer with sunscreen

Afternoon/after work: rinse face and apply 1. tumeric mask (where needed) for 10-15 mins then rinse. 

2. Aloe Vera( if I’m staying in for the day) or reapply Cetaphil moisturizer with sunscreen.

bedtime

1. Cerave renewing retinol serum mixed with aloe vera (I’m new to retinol and don’t want to irritate my skin so I mix it with my purest moisturizer)

2. Sea Kelp Hyaluronic acid sleep mask a few times a week. 

I think Black Girl sunscreen is better. And I recommend it to everyone as it doesn’t leave a white cast on your skin. Another option is a lot of Korean sunscreens also. But I think your routine is good. Vitamin C will help smooth things out over time. So it’s just a matter of waiting. 

17 hours ago, ChatshireCat said:

Bought an LED mask, this shite better fix my rosacea cause otherwise its onto Accutane

7VYeNOh.gif

Accutane is no joke, worth it in the end(for me) but I did a round and it’s so tough on your body.

I finally decided to quit La Mer.

yes, I've always used it "correctly" by warming it up first. but I think they changed formulas a while back and it's what has been clogging my pores. the old formula literally used to CLEAR my acne, the new one just makes it worse.

• 8 months later...

Bringing this back from the dead cuz i need HELP

Anyone have any light moisturizer recommendations for oily skin for nighttime? Preferably k or j beauty.

Realizing this summer that all the moisturizers I love that work in winter, are pure greasy firepans in the summer :rip:

For nighttime I love Dogface Night Boost, my skin tone looks so even in the morning

https://www.getdogface.com/pages/night-boost

For face wash I am a big fan of Hawthorne's Everyday Face Cleanser:

https://hawthorne.co/collection/face/product/hydrating-face-cleanser

I am thinking about trying Pretty Boy Revival Moisturizer next:

https://www.yoprettyboy.com/products/revival-soothing-hydration-age-prevention

I have also been using RED LED light on my skin, it's supposed to take 2-3 months but it encourages collagen to produce new skin

21 minutes ago, ONOPKA said:

my t-zone is oily and i really like the murad nutrient-charged water gel for summer. it's lightweight but still moisturising and feels nice on the skin

i wouldn't pay full price for it and not sure of any dupe/similar product for k/j beauty but it's always on offer somewhere 

Thanks! I'll look into it. I noticed gel moisturizers definitely work better for me anyways, so I should probably just stick to those especially in the summer.

I did try cosrx's honey gel moisturizer though and it left me greasy, but the others ones ive tried have been good.

• 10 months later...
On 9/12/2022 at 3:07 PM, Rainbows said:

GIRLS

i need some help!! I have rlly bad skin rn, lots of texture, acne scarring, large pores, redness etc.

my skin is super sensitive and dry as well.

I've been using cetaphil sensitive face cleanser and ponds dry skin cream for a while now and my skin looks like **** so I guess I need to add more or change my basic routine 

i had cystic acne and was on accutane in my teens which cured the acne on my face but now I have a lot of texture and dark spots/scarring 

what would y'all suggest for smoothing texture, diminishing dark spots and balancing overall complexion? 

Hi, 

2 years later, but how has your skin been? If not good, then try working on your gut health! 

Added

s2561249-main-zoom.jpg?imwidth=315

to my longtime fave

s2427714-main-zoom.jpg?imwidth=315

and the skin has been skinning!

I use Drunk Elephant serum every night and the Estee Lauder milk most days. Nothing else. Skin never better.

Hydratation cream every morning and evening

Vitamin C serum every other morning

Hydratation boost every other morning

Retinol cream every other evening

SPF cream every morning

Eye cream every evening

10 hours ago, TryMe said:

Hi, 

2 years later, but how has your skin been? If not good, then try working on your gut health

I struggle with this. When I'm not in a "flare" the skin is skinning. But if anything isn't right all of a sudden my whole face breaks out lately.

:sadviolin:

4 hours ago, LCTV said:

I struggle with this. When I'm not in a "flare" the skin is skinning. But if anything isn't right all of a sudden my whole face breaks out lately.

:sadviolin:

Working on your stress levels and gut health is truly life changing. Reducing inflammation is always the way to go. 

- Take a probiotic

- Take something fermented like Kefir 

- A good fish oil (not cheap ****, if you don't got the budget, don't even bother then tbh) 

- Use celtic salt

- Take magnesium before you sleep 

- If your stool is bad, take an L-glutamine cycle to restore the lining of your gut health. 

Also it helped me a lot to exfoliate everyday but gently. You can also put it on a damp cotton pad to dilute the toner. But absolutely not the dr dennis pads for example or retinol. 

like a year ago i stopped using most products for my skin and my skin improved A LOT :rip:

literally just wash my face with soap (at night) and use a light moisturiser :suburban: (sunscreen in the morning too)
if i have a little breakout i use a drop of tea tree oil in my moisturiser. its works super well for me :suburban:

• 2 weeks later...

i got the paulas choice exfoliant it's working a little too good so far.

finally got tretinoin 0.1%, excited to see the affects of that on my skin... hope to have super clear skin this summer :gaycat1:

any sunscreen recommendations?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.