Sam Smith teases full blown dance-pop album.

Yog

Sam became the cover artist of the August issue of Billboard magazine, discussing their upcoming 4th album.

“Gone are the heartbroken torch songs that defined so much of their early career; in their place are jubilant sounds ranging from dance-pop kiss-offs to choral expressions of elation. And for Smith, leaning into happiness may be the greatest risk of all.”

“Smith has been working with a close-knit team of producers (including longtime collaborator Jimmy Napes and pop auteur Ilya Salmanzadeh) to craft their next full album

Edited by Yog

They should have done this for their last album in full tbh but I guess they just wanted to dip their toe in first before going for a solidly dancepop album.

Here for this. They make immaculate dance music and those records are always standouts on their albums. A full platter of that, yes please. 

I wonder if the kim collab is on there

2 minutes ago, Bey'Knight said:

Here for this. They make immaculate dance music and those records are always standouts on their albums. A full platter of that, yes please. 

I’m excited for real, Sam even stated in the interview this is their favorite album to work on :jonny6:

As long this album will be really full of bops I will support because last music wasn’t it … 

YAS for dance pop :clap3:

I want it right now !

1 hour ago, Yog said:

I’m excited for real, Sam even stated in the interview this is their favorite album to work on :jonny6:

I’m sure that will reflect in the music. Any idea of timelines? 

They need to work on their voice first. That high pitched falsetto needs to be gone.

I miss their old style of music tbh 

Edited by selfmadelatino

2 hours ago, Bicassie said:

I wonder if the kim collab is on there

sounds like it will be. now that Sam's next project is dance-pop. now the Kim collab makes more sense for him 

27 minutes ago, selfmadelatino said:

I miss their old style of music tbh 

Well that’s too bad, certain artists want to actually evolve and step out of their comfort zone, god I hate this mentality with an passion :laugh:

mlaredoperez
3 hours ago, Yog said:

Sam became the cover artist of the August issue of Billboard magazine, discussing their upcoming 4th album.

Well lets celebrate that!

Tired Britney Spears GIF

It Better be more how do you sleep and less the rest of that album 

Edited by Johnny Jacobs

This is gonna slay 

6 hours ago, Insanity said:

YAS for dance pop :clap3:

YAS indeed :clap3:

3 hours ago, ATWK said:

A whole album of songs like Latch, Omen, Promises and Diamonds? Yes, please :jonnycat:

Promises and Diamonds r suck bops if its like that then I'm here for it!

19 hours ago, Yog said:

Well that’s too bad, certain artists want to actually evolve and step out of their comfort zone, god I hate this mentality with an passion :laugh:

Well sometimes people like certain artists for certain things and that’s okay too. 

36 minutes ago, selfmadelatino said:

Well sometimes people like certain artists for certain things and that’s okay too. 

Umm not really imo, with the one expection being Adele but for the most part, it’s honestly doesn’t show growth in the artist.

Looking like Phil collins

give us that no jacket required dance / r&b / rock hybrid :jonnycat:

5 minutes ago, Katamari said:

Looking like Phil collins

give us that no jacket required dance / r&b / rock hybrid :jonnycat:

Actually it wouldn’t mind an soft rock album in example, Kids Again 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.