• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kamil24

• mystery

• smoore95GAGA

• TheBoss

first two tracks are f*cking stellar :WAP:

SIDEWAYS :jonny: pop f*cking perfection 

bends hits hard:jonny: overall is fun and standout but some of them still didn't click on me: far away, so nice, bad thing twice

Surrender My Heart - Great opening song, she‘s giving Kylie a bit 9/10

Joshua Tree - I really like this one as well 8/10 

Talking To Yourself - Cute but forgettable 5/10

Far Away - Meh 3/10

Sideways - Okay this is the kind of dazzling cutesy pop sound I need from Carly, I will use this a lot 8/10

Beach House - didn’t really catch me when it was released but I really like this now omh 7/10

Bends - This could be an EMOTION cut, v cute 7/10

Western Wind - 4/10

So Nice - 8/10

Bad Thing Twice - 8/10

Shooting Star - This is literally Kylie‘s Supernova X New York City and it’s amazing omg I love this 9/10

GFYSOW - wow, this has to be one of her saddest songs along with Your Type :( 8/10

TLT - 7/10

Overall I‘d say

EMOTION > TLT > Kiss > Dedicated

Edited by PopKills

Carly is a menace for making Anxious a bonus track. I think it’s become my fav after a few listens to the album :WAP:

11 hours ago, Melancholy said:

i'm curious - people keep saying "finally hearing this in HD" like what leak did yalll listen to??? didn't the album leak as a 320 kbps CD rip :deadbanana2:

I’ve noticed this too and it sends me every time

It actually leaked in lossless format :deadbanana2:

1 hour ago, PopKills said:

Far Away - Meh 3/10

Sideways - Okay this is the kind of dazzling cutesy pop sound I need from Carly, I will use this a lot 8/10

Beach House - didn’t really catch me when it was released but I really like this now omh 7/10

Western Wind - 4/10

So Nice - 8/10

Bad Thing Twice - 8/10

Shooting Star - This is literally Kylie‘s Supernova X New York City and it’s amazing omg I love this 9/10

GFYSOW - wow, this has to be one of her saddest songs along with Your Type :( 8/10

TLT - 7/10

Overall I‘d say

and where are the bonus tracks ratings :celestial5:

1 hour ago, abelfenty said:

Carly is a menace for making Anxious a bonus track. I think it’s become my fav after a few listens to the album :WAP:

but now we said it!

Surrender My Heart - Pop perfection, give me my Emotions Side B anthem, love the heartfeltness of the lyrics (8.5/10)

Joshua Tree - Love the grooviness, the Aphrodite lyric is so quirky, this is Beach House done right, the hook is so simple but so effective, too short though (7.5/10)

Talking To Yourself - More pop perfection, classic Carly at her best, insanely catchy, love the theme and the questions she asks in the chorus, the honour this meeting bestowed upon me is unparalled in my universe (10/10)

Far Away - Starting off like Western Wind 2.0, love the sweetness of the 'oh oh oh's in the chorus, a bit mellow and subdued compared to the rest of the songs, the vocalisation in the bridge caught me off-guard (6/10)

Sideways - Love the lyrics of this one, the self-assuredness of the song is so refreshing, a bit too soft for my liking (6/10)

Beach House - Kinda digging the intro now, this song has grown me a lot since I first heard it, adore the quirkiness and the humour, I wish it was just a tad bit longer (7.5/10)

Bends - Love the tenderness of this one, the 'do do do's remind me of Kylie's In My Arms, a little too slow for me to truly love it, it might grow on me in the future (6/10)

Western Wind - This has grown on me since my first listen, almost sounds relaxing now, the chorus still goes nowhere though (6.5/10)

So Nice - Okay this is a good one, I thought it would be a filler, but I like the productions, chorus reminds me of the bridge of Store (8/10)

Bad Thing Twice - This is starting off good, like the chorus, the album is picking up for me again (8/10)

Shooting Star - Definitely Kylie-esque, I love this one too, so groovy, love the slight disco influences, the 'I believe, there's a true connection' part reminds so much of Kiss, thank god the song actually has a proper ending (9/10)

Go Find Yourself or Whatever - Very different sound for Carly, love the earthiness of this, very relatable lyrics (7/10)

The Loneliest Time - Love the idea of closing the standard editions with a disco-influenced power ballad rather than the mellower GFYOW, dig the post-chorus of this song, love the bridge, already iconic (7.5/10)

Anxious - Starting off great, wow the chorus is excellent, glad it doesn't end immediately, such a good song, the chorus is just brilliant, love the outro too (9/10)

No Thinking Over The Weekend - Love the intro to this, oddly enough this gives me Harley's In Hawaii vibes, love the moodiness of the song, glad it doesn't have an explosive chorus and instead remains constantly relaxing, sounds like something that would play in a beachside location in a video game (9/10)

Keep Away - Cozy, synthy ending to the album, the synths in the chorus remind me of Real Love, cute but not as memorable as the past few tracks (6.5/10)

Overall - This is the kind of album I expected Carly to make after Dedicated, mellow with a few bops thrown in to placate the long time fans. I guess mellowness isn't always a bad mood for a Carly song to represent, but a lot of the album feels quiet and a little too subdued because of that. Overall I enjoy it, but it's not my favourite Carly album. I do think it has the potential to grow on me immensely, since that's what slow songs are good at.

7.6/10

46 minutes ago, BraveNewSeth said:

I’ve noticed this too and it sends me every time

It actually leaked in lossless format :deadbanana2:

Wait yeah it did, the same files are still in my phone :deadbanana2: such lush and HD from the get go :drool: maybe we're blessed since we stan Britney :-*

• ATRL Moderator

Okay, so I've been a little pre-occupied with another release this week, but just popping in to say that Carly delivered an immaculate pop album. Though I don't love every single song, I don't think there is one that I flat out dislike either. So Nice, Bends, Bad Thing Twice, Sideways, TLT WHEW bop after bop I fear

This album is immaculate to me, quite surprised how much I stan this album if I am honest.

4 hours ago, PopKills said:

Far Away - Meh 3/10

Western Wind - 4/10

So Nice - 8/10

Bad Thing Twice - 8/10

TLT - 7/10

Overall I‘d say

Not the Tug Of War erasure! 

She entered the Spotify Global Artists Chart at #133, this is her first time ever entering it and her peak position.

The title track is such excellence I feel like it might have become my new favorite. I also really love Anxious :heart:

any idea what her Spotify debut numbers are?

(this is already in my top 5 AOTY, quality-wise)

1 hour ago, mystery said:

She entered the Spotify Global Artists Chart at #133, this is her first time ever entering it and her peak position.

YAS! But where are the OG Carly stans of ATRL? I don't see them here

Miss Jepsen did that again.

Dedicated was okay-ish, but this album is the RIGHT follow-up to Emotion, in my opinion.

This album has definitely been a grower for me. Each time I listen, I love it more

This is such a good album, I've listened five times already. CRJ never disappoints.

It's a damned shame that Carly isn't getting the moment in the spotlight she deserves, because of a similar/larger artist choosing to release the same day. It's giving Witness 2.0, and I hate that for Carly. 

Hopefully she does a side-b release for this album as well, and can collect more attention over time.

Edited by Reginald

I don't know how well the album is going to hold up a couple of months from now,

but I have to say this is such a phenomenal pop record and the easiest listen. pop at its most comforting form.

tracks like Bends, Go Find Yourself, Surrender My Heart and The Loneliest Time are just pure beauty, they almost feel spiritual.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.