Carly Rae Jepsen - 'The Loneliest Time'

BlackoutZone

58 minutes ago, Topaz said:

Nah yall tripping this was an amazing album. Only skip so far was Bends.

Top 2 Sideways and Not Thinking Over The Weekend.

That's the best song lol

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kamil24

• mystery

• smoore95GAGA

• TheBoss

No Thinking Over The Weekend :jonny: It's joining Never Get To Hold You, Now I Don't Hate California After All as an all time favorite of mine from her

Need a bad thing twice and losing my religion mash up quick

This album is so great, Carly always serves! I was only so-so on the pre-release singles but really enjoyed them in the context of the full album. I don’t think it’s up there with my faves from her but will have this on rotation.

I hope The Loneliest Time (single) can take off.

The way "Western Wind" just clicked, out of the blue uninvited 

Listening to the whole thing again :jonny::heart2:

5 hours ago, pinkbowvintage said:

My GOD, finally hearing this all in HD is incredible. This is her best work easily. Anxious is life-changing.

i'm curious - people keep saying "finally hearing this in HD" like what leak did yalll listen to??? didn't the album leak as a 320 kbps CD rip :deadbanana2:

4 hours ago, dreampop said:

Were the Shooting Star stans at???

I am here! I didn’t really listen to the singles until the album release, and after listening to the album in full, I have been listening to certain songs on repeat. Currently, it is Shooting Star. That outro!!!! Also, has she already played in NYC? That whole “I still believe in my New York City!” would be such a moment with that crowd. 

All increases for the title track on Tik Tok

The Loneliest Time

iTunes:
#81 Canada (NE)
#95 Mexico (NE)

1 minute ago, Kamil24 said:

All increases for the title track on Tik Tok

The Loneliest Time

iTunes:
#81 Canada (NE)
#95 Mexico (NE)

Top 30 in the US!!

where is the promo :fish2:

Bends is where the album really starts to click with me.  I like Sideways, and Joshua Tree, and Surrender My Heart but overall i feel like the first 6 tracks seem like the thought behind them wasn't fully developed or finished (or i'm just a whiny ***** who hates having lots of tracks under 3 minutes on the album).

44 minutes ago, ThehushSound said:

Bends is where the album really starts to click with me.  I like Sideways, and Joshua Tree, and Surrender My Heart but overall i feel like the first 6 tracks seem like the thought behind them wasn't fully developed or finished (or i'm just a whiny ***** who hates having lots of tracks under 3 minutes on the album).

omg we have the same thoughts ! :eek: i just want to know her reasoning for making the first half of the album like that?? All of those songs could have had an extra chorus or an extended mix to them. I just don’t understand 

11 minutes ago, dreampop said:

omg we have the same thoughts ! :eek: i just want to know her reasoning for making the first half of the album like that?? All of those songs could have had an extra chorus or an extended mix to them. I just don’t understand 

I'm glad I'm not alone with this opinion! I'ld like to know the thought process with the song placement and why the first half has the shortest songs (except for anxiety in the bonus tracks)

honestly expected this album to be an absolute snoozer based on the singles but it’s actually excellent, I never should’ve doubted Carly.

my favs are the bonus tracks (espcially Anxious) and Joshua Tree.

3 hours ago, Melancholy said:

i'm curious - people keep saying "finally hearing this in HD" like what leak did yalll listen to??? didn't the album leak as a 320 kbps CD rip :deadbanana2:

The leak I heard was pretty good but nowhere near the same quality as iTunes.

HOW is she so consistent at creating great pop music? All of the bonus tracks are excellent too, she deserves so much more recognition. :jonny:

Just now, Sometimes said:

HOW is she so consistent at creating great pop music? All of the bonus tracks are excellent too, she deserves so much more recognition. :jonny:

Facts! I haven't listened to the new album yet, but where does it rank with her other albums?

Metacritic - 78 (11 reviews)

83/100 - Entertainment Weekly 
80/100 - The Telegraph 

80/100 - DIY Magazine
80/100 - Rolling Stone
80/100 - The Skinny
80/100 - NME
75/100 - AVClub 

70/100 - Slant Magazine
70/100 - MusicOMH
65/100 - Pitchfork

60/100 - Clash Music

Carly Rae Jepsen Discography on Metacritic:

Emotion Side B - 80 (6 reviews)
Dedicated - 79 (22 reviews)
Dedicated Side B - 79 (7 reviews)
The Loneliest Time - 78 (11 reviews) 
Emotion - 77 - (24 reviews)
Kiss - 63 (13 reviews)

Edited by mystery

After streaming the album for the first time, my top songs are:

1 talking to yourself

2 surrender my heart

3 joshua tree

I would like GFYOW a little more if she sang

"I won't wait for you" instead of "and I'll wait for you"

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.