Carly Rae Jepsen - 'The Loneliest Time'

BlackoutZone

I have never in my life teared up to music just because it was that good before. This album fits right where my heart should be.

what the entire **** carly

:jonny2:

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kamil24

• mystery

• smoore95GAGA

• TheBoss

Go Find Yourself or Whatever :cries:

Ms. Jepsen did NOT have to go this hard. This album is a step up from Dedicated

When they start posting Bad Things Twice x Fleetwood Mac Dreams mashups on twitter just know I thought of it first 

Finally done. This album could literally just be Surrender My Heart, Talking To Yourself, Bends, Bad Thing Twice, and Keep Away and it would still have been a life changing experience. I have no words that can do it justice.

excellent album! she never disappoints! 

yea this kinda mediocre.. the title track is so try hard / unlistenable imo. only highlights for me are surrender, bad thing twice and bends

Edited by KatyPrismSpirit

The Pitchfork reviewer has clearly never listened to Tug of War. This is not Carly 'reinventing herself' to try to stay interesting. It's a return to form. A perfectly balanced blend of the folk-singing Carly I fell in love with 15 years ago when she was on Canadian Idol, to the critically acclaimed indie-pop goddess people outside of Canada know and love her for. 

The way things go downhill after Joshua Tree...only Bends, Sideways and Western Wind are the very good songs there. And then it rebounds at Go Find Yourself till the last song, Keep Away. I think the large chunk of the middle of the album should be removed and replaced with the bonus tracks only because they are not it. Overall, very uneven, very high highs and low lows. 

I think I like this better than Dedicated

Bad Thing Twice is my favorite (even though it's quite derivative from Smile Monalisa and Windows :skull:), Sideways, Shooting Star, Go find yourself, and the bonus tracks are again better than several main tracks

she really did that again and deserves her flower for keep making excellent pop music for so long :jonny5:

Metacritic - 77 (5 reviews)

80/100 - Rolling Stone
80/100 - NME
80/100 - DIY Magazine
80/100 - The Skinny
70/100 - Slant Magazine
70/100 - MusicOMH
65/100 - 
Pitchfork

60/100 - Clash Music

Edited by mystery

Ok first listen

top 3(excluding songs released before album came out, cause beach house and Talking To Yourself would be two of the three)

Go Find Yourself Or Whatever

So Nice (is this a rework of something she’s done before?)

Joshua Tree

Bottom 3

Bends

Far Away

Sideways 

Listening now, as much as I like some songs on Midnight. I need my bops and I'm ready for Carly to delivery :jonny5:

2 minutes ago, nathanspears said:

Listening now, as much as I like some songs on Midnight. I need my bops and I'm ready for Carly to delivery :jonny5:

good luck with that

shawn2.thumb.jpg.54609587c2dec5ad0f534b4

32 minutes ago, Gavin. said:

Ok first listen

top 3(excluding songs released before album came out, cause beach house and Talking To Yourself would be two of the three)

Go Find Yourself Or Whatever

So Nice (is this a rework of something she’s done before?)

Joshua Tree

Bottom 3

Bends

Far Away

Sideways 

Bends is literally a career best - keep listening to it, its magic will win you over! 

wish sideways was a little longer, but it's still a highlight for me

Edited by Levitating

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.