Carly Rae Jepsen - 'The Loneliest Time'

BlackoutZone

24 minutes ago, dangerousalex said:

why are the deluxe tracks washing several of the standard? @BlackoutZone didn't lie! :deadbanana2:

Truly the main issue of the album is the tracklist, completely all over the place and the deluxe songs are a massive highlights 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kamil24

• mystery

• smoore95GAGA

• TheBoss

This album is a sweet surprise. such a nice listen. very warm, as someone stated this kinda reminded me of when I first listened to Dedicated.

I thought the ordering was ok actually.

faves on first listen: Joshua Tree, Bends, Western Wind, Shooting Star, The Loneliest Time, Anxious, No Thinking Over.

Is it my destiny?
I wanna do a bad thing twice!

Caught that fever
I shouldn't be here
Only got me to blame

:beatfreak::beatfreak::beatfreak::beatfreak:

This is an insane earworm.

Far Away sounds like a better Western Wind? Pressing copy and paste and changing the font teas :deadbanana2:

She did a lot of sessions and she left a lot of amazing songs but overall it’s not that bad 

and for whoever leaked this why !!!

Not going to listen to the l word but it looks like everyone at least likes the album for the most part which is a good sign 

I really like this? I mean, I don't think it does anything radically different for her, but I think there's just enough experimenting to prevent it all from feeling like it's paint-by-numbers for her.

Beach House doesn't really fit on this at all to me but it doesn't fully take me out either. She's also kind of insane for not putting Anxious out as a single.

Edited by Obsession

Will be bopping to the singles while I'm a good girl not listening to the leak (until I cave in)

rita.gif

Is Anxious some previously leaked song? :deadbanana4: I swear I've heard it before

I love the album, Carly never disappoints

As a newer Carly fan I’m not gonna listen to the l*ak, I’ll continue to enjoy the singles and the rest of her flawless discography :allears:

Safe to say for me that this is the biggest album disappointment of 2022 sadly. I feel like half the songs have no memorable melodies, and the lyrics for some of the songs were questionable. It feels too all over the place. I wanna say it’ll grow on me but I really don’t think it will. I’ll probably go back to 7/8 songs when all is said & done. But I'll wait till it's officially released to listen again & maybe by then I will appreciate it more :katie:

Ok changed my mind It’s already growing on me lol

Edited by ryoncé

I'm on my second listen and I'm sorry but this is a great album.

It might feel uncohesive, specially compared to how cohesive Dedicated and Emotion sounded, but tbh the girl can slay so many styles why would she just keep one style.

There's bangers, there's bops, there's jams, a little of everything for everyone, I can't wait for Side B or to see what ended on the cutting room floor.

She's just such a magnificent pop artist.

this is definitely one of my favourite albums of 2022 already :heart:

almost a breath of fresh air 

6 hours ago, BlackoutZone said:

This :clap3:

I lately started thinking that Bends is probably about her grandma that died during the pandemic, she sings it so softly, it hits even harder now..

Carly X Rostam album would be an absolute dream, throw Ariel in the mix. Hope she sees this potential

Omg I see what you mean about Bends :sosad:It hits even harder now wow.

The album is nearly flawless although I wish it was all solo. The ballads are all gorgeous and I'm not surprised that certain users are ranking them low but oh well

Bad Thing Twice - Anxious - Keep Away is my trinity

24 minutes ago, Supervillain said:

The album is nearly flawless although I wish it was all solo. The ballads are all gorgeous and I'm not surprised that certain users are ranking them low but oh well

see when u exhibit taste

Supervillain

honorary mention to no thinking over the weekend tho!

I think Anxious is gonna have an instant release spike, but over time Bad Thing Twice and Sideways will be more appreciated :allears:

40 minutes ago, Supervillain said:

But I was told Slayyyter makes better music now :gaycat4:

2 minutes ago, BlackoutZone said:

But I was told Slayyyter makes better music now :gaycat4:

Well Carly's album is finished, Slayyyter's isn't :gaycat4: I'd rather listen to a finished product than a collection of demos but her new music is very strong.

I’ve only heard it once but I have the feeling it’s my favorite album of hers. There’s some absolutely gorgeous soundscapes here. Bends immediately joins her top songs ever IMO :celestial4:

I wonder if there is a Side B planned for this too. If the bonus tracks are supposedly that good, perhaps The Loneliest Time: Side B might end up being her best album yet.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.