DC's League of Super-Pets bombs at the box office

Broken

One of the worst openings of all time for a 4000 theater wide release.

Another BOMB for DC. The never-ending nightmare continues.

Should Warner sell DC to other studio (Netflix?)?

Will The Rock have another meltdown?

image.jpg

The animated superhero pic, from Warner Bros. and DC, opened on the lower end of expectations at the North American box office with an estimated $23 million.

The marketing campaign certainly doesn’t lack for attention, with voice stars Dwayne Johnson and Kevin Hart embarking on a publicity blitz 

x

Edited by Broken

DC's name alone is box office poison it seems :rip:

But this isn't terribly unexpected, they didn't seem to know who they were marketing the movie towards and it's competing with the Minions.

Illumination keeps winning it seems. Disney flopped, WB flopped, and Sony gonna flop too. 

I mean 23M domestic is not a bomb but then I just looked that the budget was 90M :rip: This won’t even break even. 

Honestly that’s what they get for giving too much freedom to The Rock. As if he were a big actor. I mean I know he has hits but it’s got more to do with the franchises and his co-stars and the actual quality of the film. 

Black Adam is probably gonna flop too, which is good. We need WBD to scrap EVERYTHING but The Batman. 

yes dc, yes flop.

worst per theatre average for 4k+ theatres: 

nub job 2: 2.1k

abominable: 4.9k

lego ninjago: 5.0k

addams family 2: 4.1k

dolittle: 5.3k

superpets: ~5.3k

smallfoot: 5.6k

very animation-heavy...

Every animated film has been bombing this year sans Minions. People would just rather wait to see this on streaming it seems. 

If the budget wasn’t so high it would be good. Black Adam is going to flop too because The Rock is extremely overexposed and always serves the exact same thing in every project

It’s not totally unexpected. It’s a movie aimed at kids on a concept that didn’t do all that well any other time something like it has been done. 

30 minutes ago, D_Man3379 said:

Every animated film has been bombing this year sans Minions. People would just rather wait to see this on streaming it seems. 

The Bad Guys did good tho..

30 minutes ago, johnzy13 said:

Illumination keeps winning it seems. Disney flopped, WB flopped, and Sony gonna flop too. 

I'm SCARED for Spider-Verse 2 :dancehall:.

31 minutes ago, EnoughSaid said:

If the budget wasn’t so high it would be good. Black Adam is going to flop too because The Rock is extremely overexposed and always serves the exact same thing in every project

The Rock has been talking about it like it's the second coming of Jesus :deadbanana2:.

"Black Adam will change DC movies forever"

Imagine if it flops :skull:.

Honestly, the movie looks so not interesting. :deadbanana4: 

this looked cute tbh

but no billie no successful animated movie in 2022

Well, hope this train goes on til Black Adams :giraffe: 

DC IP need to be rebuild from ground up now. And for that to happen. All these DCEU stuffs need to die first. 

This movie looks like one of those direct to dvd movies they sell at the grocery store. 

23M would've been somewhat decent had the budget not been 90M lmao

6 minutes ago, Attitude said:

This movie looks like one of those direct to dvd movies they sell at the grocery store. 

Also this

2 hours ago, rta1913 said:

We need WBD to scrap EVERYTHING but The Batman. 

Not when Shazam is the best DC movie :biblio:

17 minutes ago, JustHoran said:

Not when Shazam is the best DC movie :biblio:

I loved it but I need Johnson’s claws away from it. Although WB is treating it like second fodder. 

4 hours ago, rta1913 said:

I mean 23M domestic is not a bomb but then I just looked that the budget was 90M :rip: This won’t even break even. 

Honestly that’s what they get for giving too much freedom to The Rock. As if he were a big actor. I mean I know he has hits but it’s got more to do with the franchises and his co-stars and the actual quality of the film. 

Black Adam is probably gonna flop too, which is good. We need WBD to scrap EVERYTHING but The Batman. 

The Rock is just the Rock in a different costume every movie lmfao

3 hours ago, JBJT2786 said:

The Bad Guys did good tho..

It did… fine. Funny enough Super Pets opened the same amount as Bad Guys. Let’s see if it will have the same legs. 

I loved the movie :chick3:

it's a DC animation it never stood a chance

I am so bored of the overexposed and unfunny Kevin Hart/Dwayne Johnson dynamic. :sick: 

It's giving early 00's Ben Stiller/Owen Wilson crap comedy movie overload. ENOUGH. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.