WaPo: Manchin caved on climate deal due to accusations of corruption from the left

Communion

• ATRL Moderator

Huh, maybe we could have passed BBB if someone in power (can't think of who) had called out Manchin's corruption publicly. :huh: 

Nice! Keep doing this! :clap3:

5 minutes ago, Bloo said:

Huh, maybe we could have passed BBB if someone in power (can't think of who) had called out Manchin's corruption publicly. :huh: 

It's okay, because they made sure to not include Sinema in the talks so she'll tank it out of pure spite anyway :heart2: 

Keep the pressure on this DINO until after November when he fades off into irrelevance once 1 or 2 more Dems are elected into the senate :clap3:

“Accusations” :rip: More like objective evidence :toofunny2:

Keep his feet to the flames :clap3:

13 minutes ago, ClashAndBurn said:

It's okay, because they made sure to not include Sinema in the talks so she'll tank it out of pure spite anyway :heart2: 

Really, how can anyone be reporting this without mentioning the Sinema asterisk in every single sentence? Stunning. Doing fluff pieces just helps them run down the clock. These two are fickle as they come and if they’re not standing united they’re standing for nothing.

Progress is progress but there’s not much to discuss until and unless headway is made with Sinema. 

4 minutes ago, Haus said:

Really, how can anyone be reporting this without mentioning the Sinema asterisk in every single sentence? Stunning. Doing fluff pieces just helps them run down the clock. These two are fickle as they come and if they’re not standing united they’re standing for nothing.

Progress is progress but there’s not much to discuss until and unless headway is made with Sinema. 

Exactly. They're already messaging on this as a win, which is going to make it even more embarrassing when it inevitably gets tanked by the biggest performance artist in the entire history of the Legislature :dies: 

kyrsten-simena-simena.gif

• ATRL Moderator
2 minutes ago, ClashAndBurn said:

Exactly. They're already messaging on this as a win, which is going to make it even more embarrassing when it inevitably gets tanked by the biggest performance artist in the entire history of the Legislature :dies: 

Having flashbacks of her defenders calling the people that criticized her for the moment in the GIF sexist. :toofunny2: 

24 minutes ago, bowdown said:

once 1 or 2 more Dems are elected into the senate :clap3:

When? In 2026? Because that's 100% NOT happening this year. :rip:

5 minutes ago, ClashAndBurn said:

At least moderates can't do the whole "SHE'S POPULAR IN HER STATE THE MORE YOU CRITICIZE HER!!" claim.

2 minutes ago, DirtyPony87 said:

Actually, I think dems have a good chance of adding a seat or two in the Senate with PA and WI. At worst, I think it'll stay 50/50 if Warnock loses and we don't win WI. The house on the other hand, probably not.

17 minutes ago, Mike91 said:

Actually, I think dems have a good chance of adding a seat or two in the Senate with PA and WI. At worst, I think it'll stay 50/50 if Warnock loses and we don't win WI. The house on the other hand, probably not.

I don't believe for one second that November is going to go well for the Democrats. The polls don't even begin to hint how badly it's going to go.

10 minutes ago, DirtyPony87 said:

I don't believe for one second that November is going to go well for the Democrats. The polls don't even begin to hint how badly it's going to go.

I agree, though dems have been leading in most polls (thanks to the Supreme Court).

It's just there aren't that many seats for the GOP to flip. Could they win it? Absolutely, but I'd say the end result will probably be another 50/50 split at worst or 51/49 in favor one one party. WI and PA are the two best seats for dems to flip while NV and GA are the two best for the GOP. After that, I don't see any other seats flipping.

The house is usually where bloodbaths occur. Hence why the GOP added seats in the Senate in 2018 despite losing the House. 

Edited by Mike91

3 minutes ago, Mike91 said:

I agree, though dems have been leading in most polls (thanks to the Supreme Court).

It's just there aren't that many seats for the GOP to flip. Could they win it? Absolutely, but I'd say the end result will probably be another 50/50 split at worst or 51/49 in favor one one party. WI and PA are the two best seats for dems to flip while NV and GA are the two best for the GOP. After that, I don't see any other seats flipping.

The house is usually where bloodbaths occur. Hence why the GOP added seats in the Senate in 2018 despite losing the House. 

NH and AZ also have a real chance of flipping to GOP. Dems bleeding Latino support thanks to Biden is going to really hurt Kelly and Cortez Masto's chances, I fear.

So pressuring senators DOES work. We need Biden to call him out on EVERYTHING moving forward. Hold press releases saying he is holding up progress. Show him in his mansion. CALL. HIM. OUT. 

GET A BACKBONE DEMORATS! DADDY TRUMP IS COMING

3 minutes ago, ClashAndBurn said:

NH and AZ also have a real chance of flipping to GOP. Dems bleeding Latino support thanks to Biden is going to really hurt Kelly and Cortez Masto's chances, I fear.

I actually forgot about AZ. :rip: I think Kelly will win though. Isn't he popular there?

49 minutes ago, DirtyPony87 said:

Sweetie King Fetterman is going to wipe the floor with Dr. FRAUD in PA. Flipping another seat is more of a pipe dream, but if the momentum keeps moving in the direction it is, Barnes/Ryan/Beasley could be competitive (in that order). 

25 minutes ago, Mike91 said:

I actually forgot about AZ. :rip: I think Kelly will win though. Isn't he popular there?

Sinema may be less popular than him among Democrats, but she's more popular in the state overall due to Democrats who like her because she has a D next to her name, Republicans who like her for foiling Joe Biden's agenda, and Independents, so... extrapolate from that what you will. :katie: 

We got 1/9th of BBB thanks to the left :clap3: otherwise we would have gotten 0 thanks to Pelosi, Biden, and Schumer. 

1 hour ago, Mike91 said:

All of this is spot on  ??

• ATRL Moderator
36 minutes ago, ClashAndBurn said:

Sinema may be less popular than him among Democrats, but she's more popular in the state overall due to Democrats who like her because she has a D next to her name, Republicans who like her for foiling Joe Biden's agenda, and Independents, so... extrapolate from that what you will. :katie: 

I don't think this is true. The last poll I saw was from January and she had less approval than Kelly. This may have changed since then, but I haven't seen anything to confirm or deny it.

Overall, just 39 percent of Arizona voters in the poll said they view Sinema favorably, including 30 percent of independent voters, while 48 percent view her unfavorably. In Kelly’s case, 45 percent view him favorably and 44 percent see him unfavorably. Independents are evenly divided on Kelly’s image, at 42 percent apiece.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/591492-poll-sinema-approval-higher-among-arizona-republicans-than-democrats/

2 minutes ago, Bloo said:

I don't think this is true. The last poll I saw was from January and she had less approval than Kelly. This may have changed since then, but I haven't seen anything to confirm or deny it.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/591492-poll-sinema-approval-higher-among-arizona-republicans-than-democrats/

I remember it being the prevailing narrative when BBB was killed last Fall, but I guess I could be remembering wrong.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.