1. 1. First day numbers

• 20 million
    • 30 million
    • 40-50 million
    • 60-70 million
    • 80 million
    • +90 million

It’s hard to say because sis got Apple Music in a chokehold 

Someone said that based on the 700k streams she did based on the overflow of the day before it should do like 40-50k. I’m hoping for the higher number. :duca:

Since Spotify hasn't been kind to Bey ima keep my hopes low and say 30 Million.

She's murdering AM tho so it might not matter....

40-50 is the safest estimate I'd say

She's absolutely slaying AM tho so who knows :jonnycat:

40-50 and with smashing on AM it will have a great opening week

I have no idea, what #s did the other girls pull first week?

Edited by Comedor

Huge. Beyonce is a true superstar. AM numbers are already huge, Spotify will be the same.

7 minutes ago, Protocol said:

Huge. Beyonce is a true superstar. AM numbers are already huge, Spotify will be the same.

Beyoncé and other R&B acts are a lot bigger on AM, it won’t be the same.

She’ll do 30-40M and people will drag her completely ignoring the slayage on AM. :skull: 

Just now, CaptainMusic said:

Beyoncé and other R&B acts are a lot bigger on AM, it won’t be the same.

She’ll do 30-40M and people will drag her completely ignoring the slayage on AM. :skull: 

She's never released a solo studio album in the streaming age, you don't know that. She is not an R&B act in the sense that she's a superstar with pop listeners too. It's not like she's Muni Long.

since it leaked and made less noise than expected (no visuals etc)

43M

6 minutes ago, Protocol said:

She's never released a solo studio album in the streaming age, you don't know that. She is not an R&B act in the sense that she's a superstar with pop listeners too. It's not like she's Muni Long.

Yes, she’ll obviously do better on Spotify than most R&B acts but the difference in how Break My Soul and her previous songs performed on AM vs Spotify makes it clear that she’s not as strong on Spotify. 

37 minutes ago, Protocol said:

Spotify and AM do not have the same audiences. She’s not necessarily going to perform well there. Just like BMS has been doing way worse on Spotify than AM despite being a pop song. 

I’m guessing  ~50M 
It’s too bad AM doesn’t publish their streaming numbers tho because that’s where all my streams for the album go, much like a lot of her listeners. Opening week sales will be the real tell all either way. The Lyric videos on YouTube are also getting impressive numbers too. 

38 minutes ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

since it leaked and made less noise than expected

What noise were you expecting? Because I don't think any of us were quite expecting the sheer Apple Music domination we've experienced both in the US and globally.

OT: Same as I said previously:

On 7/26/2022 at 8:22 AM, MrLovett said:

I'm hoping 50-60M. I would be really surprised and pleased if it was higher though.

I really can't tell. I just know her biggest market is the US and they prefer Apple Music. Apple Music is also the biggest consumer of R&B/Hip-Hop. Black artists tend to do better there and that's where Bey's core audience is. Hence the Apple Music slayage currently. I feel like overall numbers will be split, AM and Spotify will be neck and neck while other girls do better on Spotify but barely make a dent on AM.

1 hour ago, wish said:

45M

:lakitu:

Spotify's audience is younger and not really her target audience so the absolute max would be the 40M range to me.

After 6 years gone anything under 70m would be seen as an underperformance

2 minutes ago, Sharapov said:

After 6 years gone anything under 70m would be seen as an underperformance

That's illogical, considering the only female artists to achieve that recently are Taylor Swift and Ariana Grande - both of whom are huge streaming forces. It seems like you're trying to set her up with an unachievable target and then labelling it a flop when it inevitably doesn't achieve it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.