Could Nick Jonas lead a successful theatrically released film?

MikeyDuff1D

Could Nick Jonas lead a successful theatrically released film?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. ???

• Yes
    • No
    • Depends on the movie

I just finished watching Kingdom and thought Nick Jonas did a great job in that show. I also remember that he played a much different character in Scream Queens and was entertaining in that.

He's had supporting roles in #1 films such as the Jumanji franchise and Midway. He's already racked up more #1s than fellow former Disney star/boybander Justin Timberlake, who gets lead roles left, right, and center.

However, Nick's never been the main star in any of his films that were given a wide release in theaters. Do you think he could star as the main lead in a box office hit?

His upcoming films are the Amazon Studios buddy comedy Foreign Relations (which might go straight to Prime Video) with his former Scream Queens costar Glen Powell and Jersey Boys Live! (which might just air on TV like Hairspray Live! and Grease Live!)

Edited by MikeyDuff1D

No, he's great as a supporting character but he still lacks the acting credentials to be a big box office draw. Also he's kind of a charisma vacuum so he'd need a great role to offset that

2 minutes ago, HotFriedChicken said:

No, he's great as a supporting character but he still lacks the acting credentials to be a big box office draw. Also he's kind of a charisma vacuum so he'd need a great role to offset that

I second this 

I only watched Jumanji and he was okay... but even in that movie, a lot of his character was based around the fact that he was attractive.

Yes.

I think people are underestimating him & he’s done a great job breaking away from that Disney image where he can be taken seriously with the right roles.

If it's a spinoff to Magic Mike, then yes. 

With the right role, he could shine. His PR team is able to go all out when it's time sometimes and really draw attention to him, so I think it's not out of the question for him to score role someday that is more successful than things he did so far.

giphy.gif&f=1&nofb=1

Maybe I'd like to see him as a lead

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.