Biden kicks can down the road; stalls further on $10k student loan forgiveness

ClashAndBurn

11 minutes ago, Power love said:

Man it’s almost like he wants to bomb next election

My guess is that he wants to push it closer to midterm to show a big win right before election and get more votes. I’ve been thinking that for the last year and a half. 

its both smart and stupid at the same time

too little, to late. it is not helpong him on midterms and won't really help most of the loaners with their loans. just PR

9 minutes ago, Mtjjproducer said:

My guess is that he wants to push it closer to midterm to show a big win right before election and get more votes. I’ve been thinking that for the last year and a half. 

It’s frustrating this will be their only play.  Vote for us because we just gave you 10k in forgiveness, although we could have done this years ago.  This doesn’t even solve the problem, it’s just a very short term bandaid for people with existing student debt.  What about everyone who isn’t in college yet?  Is the government going to forgive 10k in student debt every 4 years?  Like… what is their thought process?

LMAO, he REALLY does not want my vote.

Voters under 30 DESPISE you, honey. In our eyes, you're the Blue Trump and are more ideologically aligned with Trump than with Bernie (and we young people don't like that, obviously)

"Progressives, civil rights groups want $50,000 in relief"

Biden's racist, right-wing ass: "I don't like progressives and civil rights groups!"

Edited by rihannabiggestfan

38 minutes ago, Mtjjproducer said:

I've always thought it was more likely he didn't want to do it at all (he IS the architect of the student debt crisis after all thanks to his bill that prevents student loan borrowers from being eligible to declare bankruptcy). He's just been backed into a corner because Trump was the one who instated the student loan moratorium, and when Biden inevitably restarts payments, that will then look extremely bad for his party. His sympathies obviously are more in line with the neoliberals complaining that student debt relief is inflationary, but he can't go through with it without it being a deeply politically stupid move.

9 minutes ago, Mtjjproducer said:

It’s frustrating this will be their only play.  Vote for us because we just gave you 10k in forgiveness, although we could have done this years ago.  This doesn’t even solve the problem, it’s just a very short term bandaid for people with existing student debt.  What about everyone who isn’t in college yet?  Is the government going to forgive 10k in student debt every 4 years?  Like… what is their thought process?

Genuinely suicidal over just how indifferent he is over this subject when for many poor people it means life or death. :mazen:

Even the idea of the $10k feels so insulting. I have $10k in just unpaid interest. I'm just so genuinely distraught over anyone who still pretends this is not an issue of economic justice. It's not forgiveness. The fed failed to meet its fiduciary responsibility as a lender and sentenced millions of low-income first time grads to a lifetime of debt they knew they could not be expected to pay back. I don't want forgiveness cause I've done nothing wrong. I want justice for being wronged by the government. 

So he's considering extending the pause and forgiving $10,000 in debt, yet people are somehow unhappy about this? I'm convinced at this point that no matter what Biden does, people will still find reasons to be unhappy with him.

2 hours ago, Jotham said:

So he's considering extending the pause

The pause that ends in a month that he is widely being criticized for playing games with. People's livelihoods aren't a game of chicken. He *has* to extend it now or else he has left everyone off worse than when he started because it is quite literally impossible to restart payments and billing with such little notice left. 

It is not moral nor politically wise to leave 47 million Americans in a constant state of fear and panic because Biden keeps teetering on breaking a promise he will face the consequences for breaking. 

Let alone that there is no need for any more extensions if he simply did the most moral choice that his White House already found he can do and eliminate student debt, something he said he would have an answer on "in a few weeks" back in April. 

Some of yall need to be told about yourselves and how so easily you bend and placate for those in power to **** over everyone else. 

Edited by Communion

On 7/26/2022 at 8:24 PM, Jotham said:

So he's considering extending the pause and forgiving $10,000 in debt, yet people are somehow unhappy about this? I'm convinced at this point that no matter what Biden does, people will still find reasons to be unhappy with him.

Exactly. 

On 7/26/2022 at 8:24 PM, Jotham said:

Mostly people on here. They'll find anything 

Education should be free. If universities did not have such bloated administrations they very well could be.

**** student loans, if no one pays at all the whole system will collapse.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.