Will Beyoncé hit number 1?

tili33

Will BREAK MY SOUL hit the top spot during album week? its 4th on the radio chart, what do you think?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jagger

• Daydream

• Triton

• Lovett

if it has a viral, groundbreaking music video and the album’s streaming debut is succesful, it might be possible

Of course not.  Stop setting Beyonce up like this.  It is unfair.  She can't compete with other artists right now. 

11 minutes ago, byzantium said:

Of course not.  Stop setting Beyonce up like this.  It is unfair.  She can't compete with other artists right now. 

But she’s literally competing with them right now :deadbanana4: Like her neighbor on the top 10 of the Hot 100 is Bad Bunny the biggest artist right now. 

Y’all just say anything :rip:

She could if she releases the music video along with the album, I have a feeling that's what she'll do.

She's #7 this week, so it's not unrealistic if she gets a boost from her album release + music video. :gaycat:

8 minutes ago, suneclipse121 said:

But she’s literally competing with them right now :deadbanana4: Like her neighbor on the top 10 of the Hot 100 is Bad Bunny the biggest artist right now. 

So you agree with the op that you expect BMS to go #1 next week?  

5 minutes ago, byzantium said:

So you agree with the op that you expect BMS to go #1 next week?  

It’s not out of the realm of possibility imo… A strong video ,a boost from the albums 1st week of streams, and radio holding would make it a real possibility. Not adding digital downloads into the mix but that could also be a factor. 

Also no one thought BMS would even be a top 10 hit let alone hold for over a month… So Bey should never be counted out 

Edited by suneclipse121

14 minutes ago, suneclipse121 said:

She's in the Top 10 because of radio. Her streaming numbers are incredibly average and would not place her in the Top 10 so no she's not competing with any big artists now.

If her album and video blows the song up then it'll be a different conversation.

OT: Probably not.

Edited by bad guy

It depends on how big of a boost the album will give to, along with the MV, I’d say she has top 3 on lock for sure

20 minutes ago, bad guy said:

She's in the Top 10 because of radio. Her streaming numbers are incredibly average and would not place her in the Top 10 so no she's not competing with any big artists now.

If her album and video blows the song up then it'll be a different conversation.

OT: Probably not.

Meh this is a poor take. At the end of the day Billboard still recognizes radio as a metric for a songs popularity.Take it up with them. It definitely comes across like you’re just trying to minimize her success with the song. And I agree her streaming is average on Spotify but it’s much stronger on Apple Music. 

Don’t think it’s possible, but definitely Top 5 and many weeks Top 10. :clap3:

A certified HIT. 

I don't think she will hit number one because she will not put the effort into it. If that was her objective, she most def can compete with literally anyone. She's been in the top 10 for a month with the bare minimum of promo.

I think realistically, the song can as high as #3 with a good music video IF the video is released alongside the album. With an exceptional video that leads to a viral dance or something like that AND some sort of live performance she can go #1.

3 minutes ago, suneclipse121 said:

Meh this is a poor take. At the end of the day Billboard still recognizes radio as a metric for a songs popularity.Take it up with them. It definitely comes across like you’re just trying to minimize her success with the song. And I agree her streaming is average on Spotify but it’s much stronger on Apple Music. 

She's historically been larger on Apple Music and I think the US (especially her urban demographic) tends to use AM more. In the same way Summer Walker smashed on AM in comparison to Spotify. Lemonade reached #1 on there 3 years after its debut and I don't think it did that on Spotify. ATRL disregards AM because it's rare for pop girls to make a dent on there and has been more welcoming to black artists. They don't report numbers so that kinda sucks.

OT: Top 5 would be nice 6+ weeks in, I don't know about #1.

If she releases a video with the album, it’s possible. She’ll be top 3 otherwise.

By the end of the following tracking week she’ll be really close to #3 on radio and #2 is also declining, #1 might lose some points by then too.

Points are low but she's need to get a big push to make it, a good musici video would help tbh.

It's just not a good song :coffee2: Nothing groundbreaking really

The the music video gives us viral TikTok dance then yes

16165033e7b35be038559dbca0b7b4d774072e44

1 hour ago, byzantium said:

A song sitting in the top ten by an artist 20 yrs into her career with other artists that were still picking boogers out their noses on the playground while Bey was busy winning Grammys and collecting classic hits. Unable to compete where? :biblio:

Why is everything with the hive an attack :deadbanana: y’all get offended so easily.

The song isn’t that good tbh (it has so many good moments and hooks but I basically never stream it all the way through) and it didn’t make any noise compared to her last lead. I don’t see anyone in the gp using it on socials or quoting the lyrics. Formation commanded much more attention from the gp. I think she can break top 3 as other users said but I don’t think it can crack number 1 with the album release (especially if there are better tracks on the album which will hog streams). Maybe if it builds more on radio and the streams hold it can reach the top spot in a few weeks

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.