Elton John & Britney Spears - "Hold Me Closer"

nathanspears

MadonnasBoyfriend

I can't really make out her voice. It shouldn't be hard to find the singer in a song imo.

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• nathanspears

• Erreur2 La Nature

• Alexz

• Ghiles

When and if Britney Spears decided to release another album and have a lead single trust me the world will know and they will move. Some of you acting like this is getting some big worldwide promo and push. She literally didn't even want to go back to music at one point and now we have this track that she really enjoyed working on and it sounds great and yet yall still are just miserable.

It’s missing raw vocals from both. It’s also hard to distinguish when Britney is singing especially in the chorus since Elton’s vocals are louder and overly auto tune, you can only tell it’s her when she has solo moments scattered thru out the song. 

The song gets better with each listen however. :isudumblmao:

Hold me closer, tiny dancer ? 

baby

:jonny5:

Wait this is soooooo much different from the early leak.  Granted, I definitely thought they would clean up Britney’s takes, but not to this extent?  She pretty much is just a backup vocalist on the track now.

Song is nice, but you can barely hear Brit and I'm not surprised.

a cute bop :katie2: so good to hear her iconic ass voice again!

The way ATRL collapsed when the song finally became available in the Americas :jonnycat:

I love it!!! So happy for Britney! I hadn’t bought music in so long but I bought this everywhere. Anything for Queen Britney!!!

11 minutes ago, boys said:

When and if Britney Spears decided to release another album and have a lead single trust me the world will know and they will move. Some of you acting like this is getting some big worldwide promo and push. She literally didn't even want to go back to music at one point and now we have this track that she really enjoyed working on and it sounds great and yet yall still are just miserable.

precisely this :clap3:

I didn't bother listening to the leak and I'm loving it.  

Hearing her sing again, and with with Elton John no less, is major.  

Should've kept the leaked mix and released it last week. But oh well, hopefully this smashes, it deserves! :clap3:

It's good and I get the feeling it will be a big hit. 

I do wish she had more solo parts, Elton really did her dirty with that IMO. Let her shine bro, tf. 

Edited by Nachocheesechalup

Lay me down while she's prominent 

Is cute but I can barely hear Britney :chick2: 
idc if this is a flop, a hit or a smash hit. I'm glad she's back after that sht of the last years. :hippo:

Omg finally being able to post! The collapse :jonny5::jonny5:

This has SLAYED me! People saying they can’t hear Britney when she’s literally doing the adlibs and iconic “baby”’s throughout and her ELEVATING this BOP by harmonizing Elton’s voice! 

It’s a 10/10 :falcon:

Just now, Proseductice said:

Oh wow. :WAP:

At #3 now 

:jonny5:

Ok this song is Pop perfection :worship2:

I was shook By Britney vocals at the end :WAP:   Thank You Elton for let basically be a Britney song she deaf had 75% of the song

This could be a big hit! 

BRITNEY ARMY!! WE WAIT 6 YEARS LET'S MAKE THIS HUGE!! 

#WelcomeBackBritney

BTW.... I can't stop listening 

3 hours ago, chris1991 said:

They definitely removed a few of her ad libs but I will say they were kinda jarring/unpolished when I first listed to the demo! As time goes on you get used to them and kinda ignore how pitchy they were! No shade to the queen!

This version is a tad bit safer! It’s all ready getting great review! 

I agree, this version is much more…. Composed?  However, with the original demo Britney was essentially a co-lead.  I’m not biggest fan of how muted her vocals are on the official track now.  Sure, smooth/ fix what you need to make the track work, but I feel they pushed her a little too far in the back for the final product.

Still a bop, but they favored Elton ? and maybe rightfully so? Idk

not that ugly f*ck Khaled getting the Spotify NMF banner over these two legends.... :ace: :biblio:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.