Elton John & Britney Spears - "Hold Me Closer"

nathanspears

She sounds good tho! When you actually get the chance to get into the beat and vibe out this is legit a bop! :WAP:

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• nathanspears

• Erreur2 La Nature

• Alexz

• Ghiles

This will be her comeback for sure. She’s gonna smash and with radio on board with it, yea we may get another top 10. Maybe even top 5.

I have to laugh at all the meltdowns here because it’s just like old times whenever Britney releases anything. Britney might be free but some of ya’ll never gonna change, it’s so funny watching people scramble to find reasons to be negative about this:bibliahh:

What is it about her? She gets everyone riled up over everything she does. Really enjoying the song. 

Looking Back Britney Spears GIF

The song is a BOP. This is a great comeback. 

The way everyone that comes into contact with this woman ends up using her and doing her dirty :biblio:

Elton really led her to believe she would be singing lead on this song only to shove her vocals to the back at the last minute and use her name / comeback story to sell his new single.

No wonder she threw that shade about "background vocals on your new song" on IG and then deleted her IG probably so she wouldn't be tempted to spill more tea about it.

Edited by CandleGuy

I like it! It could be a cute top 10-20

It's kinda smashing (on the irrelevant iTunes charts) :party:

I'm honestly addicted to the song, it's such a vibe! #HoldMeCloser

27 minutes ago, mariahcarey said:

I can't believe they didn't fix the sound problems, wtf were they thinking? I need a non dance version with just Britney

What sound problems? :huh:

6 minutes ago, CandleGuy said:

The way everyone that comes into contact with this woman ends up using her and doing her dirty :biblio:

Elton really led her to believe she would be singing lead on this song only to shove her vocals to the back at the last minute and use her name / comeback story to sell his new single.

No wonder she threw that shade about "background vocals on your new song" on IG and then deleted her IG probably so she wouldn't be tempted to spill more tea about it.

Yeah it’s so clear Elton has been using her for media attention and an easy hit. I hate that this is Britney’s big return to music. It should have been about her ONLY

8 minutes ago, CandleGuy said:

Is there a screenshot or more info on this? 

This is cute, I like it, but it doesn't feel like it goes anywhere. I was hoping for more out of the song. I hope it's a hit for her though, she deserves it.

i like it. I think it's a very good idea that she returns to music with something like this with the legendary Elton, this will help her a lot to gain confidence and motivation again, she has all the support. 

I am very happy for Britney and I wish her the best.

why did they mix her voice with Elton’s the entire song? It just makes it sound like a fan edit :deadbanana: they shouldn’t have merged them until the end of the song

can barely tell where elton ends and britney begins idk if i like that but it's weird :deadbanana2:

don’t really like elton john music but this is good, kinda sounds like a dua lipa song :WAP:

She sounds great, but I am a bit annoyed because now I see why she called herself a "background singer" on HIS song. Her voice kinda went to the background and he made himself stand out more. She was much more heard on the demo. I still bought and will continue to stream and think this is going to be a big hit for her again :duca: Radio will probably be on board, too. She sounds fantastic too :duca: 

The queen always wins

I love seeing her #1 on iTunes in the US and all over the world once again :smitten:

Did we break Kworb?

The vocals in the chorus are a choice and are very annoying but the rest is amazing! I'm so happy to hear her voice again :heart:

I just listened and I agree with those who said the mixing isn’t perfect. There was just no reason to add Elton’s voice throughout the entire song behind Britney’s. You can barely hear her sometimes.

On a more positive note, the song is good. It sounds really fresh, it has a summer vibe, Britney’s vocals are great and the chorus is catchy.

I am glad we get to hear her voice again after exactly 6 years. ❤️

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.