Does Rihanna compare with GaGa in terms of impact?

Scotland

?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Yes.
    • No.

Both ladies are huge with the general public, but GaGa is more credited with having impact on the music industry and GP. Do you agree or disagree with this statement?

Tumblr: Image

Gaga is an artist, Rihanna is the face of a brand. 

her impact is far greater than gaga's who has been on the steady decline for years. good thing her fans can't tell!

Rihanna is way bigger, her music is way more remembered, ATRL needs to stop with the « impact!!! » no one cares about and that only happens in their heads

Easily. 

I find it very interesting because both of them have largely impacted two of the same fields in unique ways. 

-Music: Rihanna has shaped how a whole roster of up and coming singers sound, with many trying to replicate her tone to the T; Gaga has been very influential in the electro-pop/dance resurgence. 

-Fashion: Gaga is an indisputable high-fashion icon, and certified art-history nerd focusing on fashion as a performance; Rihanna does haute couture very well too but the crazy influence she has on streetwear is amazing - fast fashion brands sprint to turn her casual looks into collections. 

Aside from that, both of them also have different fields where they're doing very well in terms of Impact; Rihanna with the Fenty empire, and Gaga with her acting/Hollywood endeavours. 

Her impact is undoubtedly more important than Lady Gaga's:ryan2:

Though Gaga is more iconic, if that's what you meant.

Yes and Rihanna has bigger impact.  Gaga’s impact on GP and industry lasted only like 3 years cause since then her career became so irrelevant and her impact rapidly declined. Musically Rihanna outstreamed her everyday without any new release for 6 years. Gaga might had bigger influence during her first two era but overall Rihanna is an fashion icon appreciated by GP even in this day while Gaga’s “impact” nowadays is only existed in her fan’s mouth:rip:

Gaga was a meteorite and Rihanna had a slow and steady burn…

Both are titans in their own ways.

So Gaga fans have had enough with Beyonce, and are here to downplay another black act?  Shocking...

8 minutes ago, Lose My Breath said:

So Gaga fans have had enough with Beyonce, and are here to downplay another black act?  Shocking...

The OP is an OGH but werk. Though if asked the question '' which do you think has more influence '' obviously stans will say the artist they stan for lmao.

Both are iconic and influental. Why compare? Dumb af thread.

Edited by Album Leak

Ask the public not an online forum with majority Monsters. Rihanna’s hit singles and brand are more impactful and will have greater legacy over Gaga 

10 minutes ago, Lose My Breath said:

Scotland is a known hater. And you of course know that if you are part of this forum for over a week. 

What is Rihanna's impact lol?

Encouraging other celebs to be makeup sellers?

If it is, it's the worst thing ever happened to the industry :dies:

Edited by My Tears Ricochet

absolutely not. rihanna has no impact. she was basically an act like selena gomez/katy perry that released faceless, generic, now forgotten pop that she had 0 creative input in that was created by dozens of writers and producers and she is now more remembered for her fashion than her actual music. 

1 hour ago, Lose My Breath said:

OP is an OGH....

Another Scotland  invovling Gaga thread....yay... >_>

Rihanna impact in Music and Branding can't be denied and her ear for hits. Gaga tho, is a good performer and can clearly sell a tour better than my fave ( even if my fave isn't lazy and actually put more than minimal effort we wouldn't have this discussion) They both have great fashion moments tho Rih turned that into a successful brand.

Rih will be remembered as a hitmaker and well loved billionaire and Gaga will be remembered as a performer and if she picks roles like A Star is Born a decent to good actress.

All this to say is they're both as impactful and Scotland is a known Gaga troll.

23 minutes ago, sourtwink said:

absolutely not. rihanna has no impact. she was basically an act like selena gomez/katy perry that released faceless, generic, now forgotten pop that she had 0 creative input in that was created by dozens of writers and producers and she is now more remembered for her fashion than her actual music. 

Yet she continuously outstreams the two you mentioned plus Gaga plus acts that should be doing better with more recent music. This is not factual at all.

no Gaga doesn’t compare with Rihanna in terms of impact 

Rihanna, an actual legend in music unlike GaGa, has more of an impact than GaGa will ever have 

don’t get it twisted with my b!tch and her retirement, she amassed so much in 10 years dat it will take GaGa at least two decades to match 

Def not. 

Rih is far bigger than Gaga :deadbanana4:

I would love to see where will gaga be streaming wise after more than 2 years of full absence (let alone 6-7 :rip:)

Edited by Johnny Jacobs

A least Rihanna hits dont feel dated, like all gaga hits. Even her dance music (PDSTM, We foud love, Disturbia, S&M) sounds good in 2022.  And gagas dance music? :toofunny2: Noise 

2 hours ago, GraceRandolph said:

Gaga is an artist, Rihanna is the face of a brand. 

Very pretentious statement considering Rihanna is actually her middle name and “Lady Gaga” is ultimately a brand 

ot: her singles will transcend time and that’s more than enough 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.