P Diddy’s former girl group goes viral for where are they now doc

Sesame

32 minutes ago, dabunique said:

I knew it was Dream cuz if it was DK they would say so

He Loves Me Not remains dat bop 

I still remember DREAM girls hating when DK was first made on MTB.  :rip: 

I mean…it still fell apart, like they said it would.  BUT DK was MILES more successful.  :laugh: 

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• professor2000

• Attitude

• dabunique

• Thinking Of You

1 hour ago, americanlife said:

This show would’ve been huge :eek: missed opportunity. I hope they’re all doing well.

I’m soo confused how many girls are in this group? 3?4?5?

Dream was made to milk from the teen pop era. They were never going to last outside that. 

Diddy has ruin soo many careers & screwed over soo many ppl. Why isn’t her cancel? 

There should be a video of everybody he played.

Thinking Of You

I really dislike Diddy. He’s talented but he’s done so much wrong. I will never get over the fact he made Christopher Williams suck him off to be on his label. 

Their 2 albums were great and I've always loved Holly's voice!

The cut to 2010 was, whew :skull:

Diddy is notoriously bad with his groups though, he's a showboat.

P Diddy probably also scammed em'

like he does with the rest of his artists

4 hours ago, professor2000 said:

I still remember DREAM girls hating when DK was first made on MTB.  :rip: 

I mean…it still fell apart, like they said it would.  BUT DK was MILES more successful.  :laugh: 

Wait?! What's the tea? What did they say about DK?

3 hours ago, Outlaws said:

Came here for DK going viral :siptea:

Same, i expected the bigger girl group to be mentioned instead...

8 hours ago, Attitude said:

Dream was basically the precursor to Danity Kane. 

when I entered this thread I had the thought it was them actually. 

Where can I see the doc?

22 minutes ago, SamanthaJadeFr said:

Something about “good luck trying to succeed on that label” + some other stuff, on the night of the MTB finale.  Something of that nature.  

It was lightweight shade, but you could tell they were still salty :rip:  Like… it was the first time I heard from them in YEARS, and that’s what they had to say? Let them girls have their moment…Lol. 

34 minutes ago, professor2000 said:

Something about “good luck trying to succeed on that label” + some other stuff, on the night of the MTB finale.  Something of that nature.  

It was lightweight shade, but you could tell they were still salty :rip:  Like… it was the first time I heard from them in YEARS, and that’s what they had to say? Let them girls have their moment…Lol. 

Which members said that? :skull:

6 hours ago, americanlife said:

This show would’ve been huge :eek: missed opportunity. I hope they’re all doing well.

Wow, this looks great. I'm surprised a network didn't pick this up. I could've easily seen it on WeTv, Lifetime or even MTV. 

Edited by Shy Boy

• ATRL Moderator
4 hours ago, Outlaws said:

Came here for DK going viral :siptea:

1 hour ago, SamanthaJadeFr said:

You DEFINITELY don't need to make these kinds of posts. Just saying!

6 hours ago, professor2000 said:

In all fairness, DK were backed by an MTV show (during reality TV's peak of influence) throughout their eras. Unlike most shows of that sort that would just end with the group being formed, Making The Band had a special 3rd season following DK while they made and promoted their debut and then they snuck them in on what was supposed to be the male iteration of Making The Band to launch their sophomore album.

And even with all that, they still had 2 hits, which is basically what Dream had. And I say that as a major DK fan. Both groups were wronged equally

Dream was a quick cash grab but they definitely had more life in them that what people are saying. I think they could have been like the American version of Atomic Kitten or something like that has Diddy and the rest of the label had a little more faith in them.

10 hours ago, Attitude said:

I think they could've gone on for a few more years. The problem with them and 3LW was that they completely changed their images with their second albums. They went from He Loves You Not to this:

From what they've said over the years Diddy basically forced this song on them along with the sexier image. This song doesn't even match the rest of the sound from their shelved second album. It bombed and Diddy dropped them. :skull:

The intro giving MADTV parody :deadbanana4:

7 hours ago, professor2000 said:

I bought their album, and it was OK. 

Vocally + dancing-wise they weren’t doing anything we hadn’t seen before. :laugh:  And they didn’t write/produce.   Wonder how much of that was Diddy’s doing? 

But they were just kinda THERE.  So I’m not surprised they disappeared.  

Just like Hoku, Samantha Mumba, BBMAK, and the other quick Pop moments, they pretty much did what they were gonna do.  :skull: 

Don't come for Hoku and Samantha. They both are still doing well. Samantha has a movie, show and album coming next year and is really big in Ireland. :gaycat:

OT: Dream was and tbh still is one of my fav girl groups. Could've been bigger, but mismanaged imo. The material they had still sounds amazing.

This Is Me.....:heart:

57 minutes ago, Truth Teller said:

In all fairness, DK were backed by an MTV show (during reality TV's peak of influence) throughout their eras. Unlike most shows of that sort that would just end with the group being formed, Making The Band had a special 3rd season following DK while they made and promoted their debut and then they snuck them in on what was supposed to be the male iteration of Making The Band to launch their sophomore album.

And even with all that, they still had 2 hits, which is basically what Dream had. And I say that as a major DK fan. Both groups were wronged equally

Did Dream have 2 Platinum albums that debuted at #1 though? I don’t even think their second album even came out officially… :skull: 

But yes, DK did have a show.  

But Dream looked like they were giving all they had + that debut was OK at best. :laugh: I have the leaked sophomore album, and it showed very little progression.  :katie: 

And what was their second hit?  Y’all including “Crazy”? 

6 minutes ago, Afterglow said:

Don't come for Hoku and Samantha. They both are still doing well. Samantha has a movie, show and album coming next year and is really big in Ireland. :gaycat:

OT: Dream was and tbh still is one of my fav girl groups. Could've been bigger, but mismanaged imo. The material they had still sounds amazing.

This Is Me.....:heart:

:laugh: …I like Hoku and Samantha though, hence me remembering their names.  Lol!  I bought both of their records too.  

What a time for Pop music, I miss that era! 

:gaycat:

1 minute ago, professor2000 said:

Did Dream have 2 Platinum albums that debuted at #1 though? I don’t even think their second album even came out officially… :skull: 

But yes, DK did have a show.  

But Dream looked like they were giving all they had + that debut was OK at best. :laugh: I have the leaked sophomore album, and it showed very little progression.  :katie: 

And what was their second hit?  Y’all including “Crazy”? 

This Is Me

DK would not have had 2 platinum albums without the show's weekly promo, is my point. They were a stronger group for sure but it's unfair to compare them to Dream

1 minute ago, Truth Teller said:

This Is Me

DK would not have had 2 platinum albums without the show's weekly promo, is my point. They were a stronger group for sure but it's unfair to compare them to Dream

Oh yeaahhhhh I forgot that was a single.  

Fair points.  But they could’ve also still let DK have their moment.  They didn’t even have a name at that point lol…it was literally the night of the finale airing, if I recall correctly.  :rip: 

11 hours ago, FOCK said:

There’s no shame in what they do now. What’s the problem? That type of success is fleeting, it’s incredible that they had those experiences and memories at all, very, very few people get the chance & it doesn’t take away from their efforts. 

The juxtaposition was distasteful. I haven’t seen the doc, but it’d be better off diving into who actually makes the money from these artists, contracts etc. 

agreed

They should do a Unsung episode 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.