Katy Perry outstreams Beyonce. Suprised?

Zaram

y'all bringing up Gaga (as always)

Stay on topic pls!

Edited by WildAmerican

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hot Volcano

• Zaram

• Badgalbriel

• carameldelight

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Hot Volcano said:

Oh sweetie, seems like you missed my post a few pages back, where I noted that without ROM (or Sour Candy or Hold My Hand even) Gaga is still easily outstreaming both Katy and Beyonce :sorry:

Is that supposed to be a flex? Bey debuted 10 years before Gaga and didn't have Lemonade (her only streaming era album, Gaga has 3) on streaming platforms for three full years. :bibliahh: Congrats that she's out-streaming an artist that debuted in the 90's by a hair thanks to her 4 times included in the biggest movie of the year song and those other 3 instruments in the soundtrack that she "composed" (aka added a note or two or something) and got streaming credits on + an Ariana song. 

Are you as confident comparing Gaga's streaming stats to Ariana? Taylor? Billie? Olivia? Doja? Heck, Rihanna? :hippo:Even Lana is smashing her.

Edited by Jjang

6 minutes ago, Jjang said:

Is that supposed to be a flex? Bey debuted 10 years before Gaga and didn't have Lemonade (her only streaming era album, Gaga has 3) on streaming platforms for three full years. :bibliahh: Congrats that she's out-streaming an artist that debuted in the 90's by a hair thanks to her 4 times included in the biggest movie of the year song and those other 3 instruments in the soundtrack that she "composed" (aka added a note or two or something) and got streaming credits on + an Ariana song. 

Are you as confident comparing Gaga's streaming stats to Ariana? Taylor? Billie? Olivia? Doja? Heck, Rihanna? :hippo:Even Lana is smashing her.

the meltdown :ahh:

Then why did you say "Thank you Ariana" if you were aware of all of this? The topic is about Beyonce (and Katy), why would I compare Gaga (who was brought up in this topic) to some other female artists? How does it make any sense? :rip:

Just take the L and move on.

2 minutes ago, Hot Volcano said:

the meltdown :ahh:

Then why did you say "Thank you Ariana" if you were aware of all of this? The topic is about Beyonce (and Katy), why would I compare Gaga (who was brought up in this topic) to some other female artists? How does it make any sense? :rip:

Just take the L and move on.

The projection :bibliahh:

I said thank you Ariana because out of her last 4 singles (if we go according to your fellow Liddo's logic) only the Ariana one did well. So indeed, thank yuh Ariana! :hippo:

30 minutes ago, DoctorIce said:

A remix album, jazz cover album and an anniversary re-release =/= new music. Katy has shat out more NEW music, singles, and videos than Gaga and Beyoncé this decade, combined. :rip: 

Where We Started (ft. Thomas Rhett)

When I'm Gone (ft. Alesso)

All You Need Is Love

Electric (sponsored by the biggest franchise of all time)

Cry About It Later (ft. Luísa Sonza & Bruno Martini)

Resilient (ft. Tiesto & Aitana)

Smile (album + single)

Daisies

All bombs, but it's amusing when the 3 remaining Perry stans run to thread the occasion where the cumulative effect of all these releases and her American Idol exposure resulted in her out streaming others for a few fleeting days. 

so now according to liddos: 19 > 56:bibliahh:

Chromatica: 16 songs

Chromatica Remix: 14 songs

Tonny Bennet album: 12 songs

Born This Way High Profile Remixes: 5 songs

TOP GUN: MAVERICK Soundtrack (Biggest movie of the year): 9 songs

All bombs sans ROM, despite Kylie Minogue, Years & Years, BlackPink, Charli XCX, being hired to compose the music of the BIGGEST MOVIE of the last few years, etc. :eatpopcorn: 

4 minutes ago, Jjang said:

The projection :bibliahh:

I said thank you Ariana because out of her last 4 singles (if we go according to your fellow Liddo's logic) only the Ariana one did well. So indeed, thank yuh Ariana! :hippo:

Gaga's last four official singles 

• Hold My Hand
  • Shallow
  • Rain On Me
  • Stupid Love

Shallow was a massive WW smash hit, bigger than ROM (or any Ariana single) :rip:  

What's next? You are gonna claim 911 was a single? Of course you are :zzz:

5 minutes ago, Hot Volcano said:

Gaga's last four official singles 

• Hold My Hand
  • Shallow
  • Rain On Me
  • Stupid Love

Shallow was a massive WW smash hit, bigger than ROM (or any Ariana single) :rip:  

What's next? You are gonna claim 911 was a single? Of course you are :zzz:

Literally read the post I quoted smartass 

17 minutes ago, DoubleRainbow! said:

Tonny Bennet

this alone is embarrassing, not gonna even bother to comment on the rest of your post :toofunny3:

12 minutes ago, DoubleRainbow! said:

so now according to liddos: 19 > 56:bibliahh:

Chromatica: 16 songs

Chromatica Remix: 14 songs

Born This Way High Profile Remixes: 5 songs

TOP GUN: MAVERICK Soundtrack (Biggest movie of the year): 9 songs

All bombs sans ROM, despite Kylie Minogue, Years & Years, BlackPink, Charli XCX, being hired to compose the music of the BIGGEST MOVIE of the last few years, etc. :eatpopcorn: 

Not you including a remix album, a cover album, the covers on the anniversary edition of BTW as as new original music. :dies: Even the TGM OST is full of old tracks. By that dumb logic I guess we'll include all the EPs Perry dropped that no one cared about.

44 minutes ago, Jjang said:

She did that on purpose because she wanted pure sales only.. So that's not really the problem for us. She is paying the price for her decision so stop using it as an excuse. The point is even taylor put 1989 after 4 years but still getting 4m streams everyday in 2022. No one is touching Lemonade because its simply has no replay value. So even if she put it on streaming in 2016 no would be touching it in 2022. 

WAIT. 

r2cWeGr.png

55bD9mY.png

Katy's first page of 'Singles and EPs' going back only to 2019 as opposed to Gaga's going back over a decade. :dies: I rest my case.

She continues to pump out more content, singles, videos, and EPs than most of her peers - it's just that no one notices or cares. Beyoncé is an album artist so Perry will be rightly left in the dust when Renaissance drops, no matter how many cheeseburgers she flogs on Just Eat. :sorry:

23 minutes ago, DoctorIce said:

Not you including a remix album, a cover album, the covers on the anniversary edition of BTW as as new original music:dies: Even the TGM OST is full of old tracks. By that dumb logic I guess we'll include all the EPs Perry dropped that no one cared about.

But you included CAIL Remix, Resilient Remix, etc. :biblio: and by that logic AYNIL is also not original new music 

Still Gaga has put out more new music than Katy &  Beyoncé combined, and that's a fact:bibliahh:

Teenage dream is a classic album. Bey has none of that i fear

gqCjZq4.gif

6 hours ago, Hot Volcano said:

So you are saying a soundtrack single that flopped helped Gaga outstream Katy but a lead single thats a "hit" didnt do the same for Bey? Interesting :eatpopcorn:

:rip: 

Katy Perry is a streaming monster :clap3: 

not katy's streams turning this into a hive vs monsters thread (which it was obviously designed to) :toofunny3:

simply put, TD has v strong classics which transferred well from digital to streaming era + ootb and prism are also doing fairly well

despite all that, it's still surprising bey is that low

Katy has an album that's bigger than Bey's entire career. Also Bey's last hit was in 2011... :rip:

4 hours ago, Armani? said:

Yet Beyonce still has more total streams, let's not get a ahead of ourselves :zzz:

Yes, we are aware of how her consumption on Spotify has collapsed across the years. 

4 hours ago, Ratviolo said:

Like atrl has taught me this year through the dozens of threads made when Katy Perry outstreamed Lady Gaga for like 10 days, this undoubtedly means Katy Perry and Beyoncé are on the same boat in 2022

gqCjZq4.gif

I'm-

gqCjZq4.gif

26 minutes ago, Rhiannon said:

Katy has an album that's bigger than Bey's entire career. Also Bey's last hit was in 2011... :rip:

Wasn't Telephone released in 2010? :rip:

The new Beyoncé single is BOMBING on Spotify, radio payola can’t do that much

3 hours ago, Jjang said:

how come every time I see you on here you are always having some meltdown about Lady gaga? :deadbanana2:

That's fine. We like Katy.

gqCjZq4.gif