H.E.R. To Star As Belle In ABC's 'Beauty And the Beast' Special

Lee!!

That's fun for her. She's a talented singer, writer, producer, bassist, guitarist, pianist, and now she's about to add actress to her resumé iktr :clap3:

Why do we have to keep recasting white characters with black actors instead of creating more original roles for black people? 

This is getting really tiring and performative. :zzz: 

And how did H.E.R even get this role over all the other talented black actresses :rip: A mess

i'm here for it, love her voice

10 minutes ago, CaptainMusic said:

Why do we have to keep recasting white characters with black actors instead of creating more original roles for black people

And how did H.E.R even get this role over all the other talented black actresses :rip: A mess

It’s more controversial 

Thinking Of You
1 hour ago, CaptainMusic said:

Why do we have to keep recasting white characters with black actors instead of creating more original roles for black people? 

1 hour ago, Pheromosa said:

It’s more controversial 

Toni Braxton already did it in the 90s. This is nothing new. tumblr_mfxn8fGMQw1qbe9d4o1_1280.jpg

Oop an Emmy in the bag.

She'll be an EGOT before she's 30

She's an awesome vocalist but it would have been... smart to have an actual bilingual/french speaking singer to play that role. :sick:

Congratz girl :clap3:the way its a live action hybrid filmed in front of a live audience is a bit weird tho

Love the EGG on the faces of all the people who wouldn’t shut up about her being a plant 1-2 years ago. 

18 minutes ago, MusicTalker said:

Love the EGG on the faces of all the people who wouldn’t shut up about her being a plant 1-2 years ago. 

They still are are now

6 Multiplatinum songs 

On track to get her 1st 2X Platinum album by the end of the year

A successful tour with 160k tickets sold

Now scoring big movie roles.

They're in shambles:skull:

fall-out-stairs.gif

queen stay booked and busy IKTR! 

I almost feel as though they do sh*t like this on purpose, namely for attention.  

If you read the quote tweets for the above tweets, or other threads on Twitter, the same, predictable comments and conversations are being posted/taking place?

WHY IS BELLE A BLACK WOMAN?

Now, is the rest of the cast going to be multi-racial/ethnic or are they going to remain white? This being Belle’s Father, Gaston, The Beast etc. Is it going to be a ‘mixed’ production ala. 1997’s Cinderella or are we just keeping Belle Black?

They’re always trying to score woke points these days and always for the sake of it. 

Anyway…

Edited by GoodGuyGoneGhetto

34 minutes ago, Not Like The Movies said:

queen stay booked and busy IKTR! 

They just finished filming Color Purple too:skull:

this girl has some crazy industry connections :rip: why would they even hire her. is she an actress or does she know the right people?

Disney queen

radio-disney-nbt-01.jpg

I'm surprised though. I thought she'd be too pretentious for something like this these days

This wouldn’t be the first time Disney has had a black actress play Belle. Toni Braxton famously played her on Broadway years ago, they even wrote an entire new song for her to perform.

OT: I can’t wait to see H.E.R perform ‘Home’. One of my faves from the show. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.