Positions ties My Everything and Sweetener on Billboard 200

ariananext

3 hours ago, JawBreaker said:

It's so weird how Sweetener didnt spend 100+ weeks especially since it has all those hits. And hits are supposed to carry albums in the streaming era. 

But I guess it kinda make sense since TUN fell off the charts too early for how big the hits were. 

22 minutes ago, JawBreaker said:

Pipe down lol

I'm just saying that its shocking to see albums with several hits not charting on the charts anymore. Cause theres several albums with no hits at all according to arianators that are showcasing much better longevity on the charts. So yeah I'm just confused as to how is that possible :psyduck:

What are the "several" and "all those" hits you're speaking of? No Tears Left To Cry was the only immediate hit of the album, God Is A Woman was literally an underperformance in 2018 (top 10 for two weeks) and Breathin didn't do anything remarkable on the charts, you're just pulling things out of your ass I'm sorry :deadbanana4: if anything it's absurd how the two initial underperformances managed to do +800M and +500M streams in the long run, it shows the potential and the longevity they had despite coming from an album whose roll-out was cut short due to tragic personal reasons. 

19 minutes ago, By the Water said:

ME's number is weirder tbh. It had 5 top 20 hits compared to DW's 3 yet charted for just over half the amount of weeks DW did

Yeah, I agree. That's why I strongly believe Thank U, Next is Ariana's peak. My Everything had bigger total numbers due to the fact that it's her album with most promoted singles (5 vs 2/3), but even then the singles kind of killed each other off the charts as they were competing against each other. My Everything was a singles album, hardly anybody outside her fanbase cared about the albums tracks, in fact the tracks streams are pretty underwhelming (for her standards) compared to all her other albums - only a couple of them have hit 100M, almost on par with Yours Truly. I think that kind of killed the album's longevity, when the singles ended their run the album was done as well, while her other albums, especially the last 3 (and especially Thank U, Next) had more popular album tracks, just thing about Greedy, Motive, Needy etc. 

It’s so crazy how this will go down has her most underrated era yet so many artists that yall Hype up everyday doesn’t even see half of this success 

8 hours ago, ariananext said:

Yeah, I agree. That's why I strongly believe Thank U, Next is Ariana's peak. My Everything had bigger total numbers due to the fact that it's her album with most promoted singles (5 vs 2/3), but even then the singles kind of killed each other off the charts as they were competing against each other. My Everything was a singles album, hardly anybody outside her fanbase cared about the albums tracks, in fact the tracks streams are pretty underwhelming (for her standards) compared to all her other albums - only a couple of them have hit 100M, almost on par with Yours Truly. I think that kind of killed the album's longevity, when the singles ended their run the album was done as well, while her other albums, especially the last 3 (and especially Thank U, Next) had more popular album tracks, just thing about Greedy, Motive, Needy etc. 

Nnn girl ME is a 2014 album. Pure sales was the only thing that contributed to BB 200 back then. And considering that was the start of the streaming era the album tracks have great numbers :dies: Except for HOM. :ahh:JALBOY is like at 155M streams that's huge for such a hated album track.

3 hours ago, Mystic Boy said:

Have all these albums crossed the 2M units in the US?  :duca:

i believe all of her albums except for Yours Truly have passed 2M in the US, though im not 100% sure if Positions has

Edited by cityfolk

The fact that her three best albums (TUNA, DW and Positions) are now her longest-charting ones...

We love to see it !

:relax:

5 hours ago, MusicFan98 said:

Nnn girl ME is a 2014 album. Pure sales was the only thing that contributed to BB 200 back then. And considering that was the start of the streaming era the album tracks have great numbers :dies: Except for HOM. :ahh:JALBOY is like at 155M streams that's huge for such a hated album track.

JALBOYH has 155M streams because it's big outside of our fanbase, if you check the comments on YouTube it's all Harry Styles fans stanning it because he wrote it. And yeah, the streams aren't bad, but it has the same amount of 100M album tracks of Yours Truly, which is shocking 

4 hours ago, cityfolk said:

i believe all of her albums except for Yours Truly have passed 2M in the US, though im not 100% sure if Positions has

And some haters still trying it with their 'fLoP eRaS" :juanny:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.