Sesame Street characters ignoring Black children

Thinking Of You

Thinking Of You

The fact there’s numerous videos…

All these videos seem to be of the same character and the same event.  Looks like the organizer will need to institute some new training and policies though. 

Sesame Place is in a rural part of PA so I'm not surprised :skull: 

I'm sure the actual show will have the children on now, or at least a racial awareness segment, given how viral this is

I saw this today and i cried. 

Those poor children. They must be so confused.

The world is so unfair to some people.

I thought maybe the person didn't see (since..idk how easy it is to do stuff in those costumes)

but it really seems to be selective huh..

Meanwhile sis the in the costume probably says the n-word because it’s ok as long she she’s “rapping along to the song.” 

**** outta here

• ATRL Moderator

Not it being Rosita in every single clip. A Latina for Trump confirmed! Fire ha!

ZOXq.gif

Yeah the jerk on the blue custom screams racist from afar, he/she ignored all the black kids.

she said UU5PL0r.gif

but seriously, this is so sad, especially considering how diverse and inclusive Sesame Street has been for decades.

Omg this is heartbreaking - those kids faces :(

I was hoping they were ignoring everyone but that clearly wasn't the case disgusting 

Oh my god those poor kids, how can someone have such a nasty heart to do that

The Last of Us

Those poor beautiful babies! That video is so upsetting to watch. Why is it so hard for some people to be decent human beings? smh. 

****ing vile... Hope that person faces serious consequences. Imagine doing sth like this, let alone to ****ing kids... So incredibly sad.

More like "character", I guess, but wow - that person sucks. Especially doing that to LITTLE KIDS? :clownny:

Somebody’s getting fired for this. This is disgusting. Sesame Street has been inclusive for decades and that display of obvious racism does not in any way, shape, or form embody the spirit of the show. Jim Henson is rolling in his grave. 

Racism from American TV characters

*pretends to be shocked*

:gaycat6:

This stuff happens everyday. I long for the day black kids have their own symbols/cartoons/shows to relate to.

So we can all LET GO of these stupid symbols of Americana.

They have NEVER been inclusive.

that's so messed up tf :biblio: someone needs to be fired asap

Disgusting. Fire whoever that person is :biblio:

Sad that children so young have to face racism. Like in a way, it is destroying their childhood. 

8 hours ago, feelslikeadream said:

Not it being Rosita in every single clip. A Latina for Trump confirmed! Fire ha!

:skull: 

OT: This is really sad. Like they're children......

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.