Did you like "Happy Tree Friends"?

GentleEarthquake

Happy Tree Friends is an American adult animated web series created by Aubrey Ankrum, Rhode Montijo, and Kenn Navarro, and developed by Montijo, Navarro, and Jeremy Viet Duong for Mondo Media. The show had achieved a cult following on Mondo Media, G4 and YouTube. Montijo, Navarro, Graff, Ankrum serving as showrunners.

Being an adult show disguised as a children's show, the series features cartoon anthropomorphic forest animals. Every episode starts out peacefully with the animals living life as normal, but a sudden event unintentionally (sometimes intentionally) caused by another animal leads to many of the characters being subjected to very extreme and cruel graphic violence. Each episode revolves around the characters enduring accidental or deliberately inflicted pain, murder or mutilation.

What do you think of it? Did you like it? :surfsup:

Edited by GentleEarthquake

the way i was obsessed with it :rip: 

i hated watching it but for some reaosn i also couldnt not watch it

yeah it was pretty funny

no, they were pretty popular back then but I always found them terrifying and traumatizing

same with Teletubbies

I couldn't tear myself away from it in elementary school which looking back was cause for concern :rip:

YES :heart:

the lemonade episode :clownny:

the one where the pickle frames the sheep and turns out she has mental issues :clownny:

the one where the elk cuts his leg off with a spoon and turns out he cut off the wrong leg :clownny:

Edited by ProudLBS

I loved it! mom found me watching in kindergarten and I cried for 3 days straight so I could watch it again. There's smn about seeing cute little animals die in a gruesome way

They are still around? I thought it was a thing back in like 2009 lol

56 minutes ago, EdgeofTeeth said:

I couldn't tear myself away from it in elementary school which looking back was cause for concern :rip:

I became the main topic of a parent-teacher meeting with the whole class when they found out that I was watching this stuff at 6 years old in the computer lab room.... Good thing it was back in the day when parents didn't know about incognito tab so I just said it was a one-off thing and kept watching it by myself at home :eatpopcorn:

God this thread has reopened so many memories :deadbanana2: I remember each evening my parents would do a history browser reading with me to make sure I didn't watch weird stuff, I can see how YouTube kids is a great tool. 

I used to find it lowkey entertaining as a child, idk how to explain it.

Omg I was obsessed with it as a child. I have no idea why. It was pretty hilarious honestly 

when they threw the party for the army guy with PTSD and he SNAPPED :deadbanana2:

It was so edgy and everyone was watching it :skull:

This was one of my favorite, stopped watching when I was in college, but don’t remember why. Might start checking it out again.

2 hours ago, FreeXone said:

They are still around? I thought it was a thing back in like 2009 lol

the last episode was released in 2016 :chick3:

1 hour ago, Jagger said:

when they threw the party for the army guy with PTSD and he SNAPPED :deadbanana2:

one of the best episodes tbh

My favorite is the one where they get stuck in an elevator and one of them got his head sliced in half by an axe.

Yeah my friends and I loved these when we were kids :dies: totally forgot about this show until now

hated it. my older sister made me watch one episode when I was really young and it disturbed my soul. now it's silly

9f794c48df3043033c864fd3e6f851e93d2da75c

Iconic. Love it and I wish you could still see their official forum (now defunct) which was a hot MESS. :deadbanana2: The user with a d*ck avi, a dupe impersonating a mod with a "Sex Pictures" thread, the guy who was obsessed with Petunia and all the terrible art and fanfic of original characters with PTSD like Flippy... didn't even realise how messy it truly had been until many years later.

8 hours ago, Attitude said:

I used to download these onto my Zune and watch in middle school. :deadbanana2:

:deadbanana:

:deadbanana:

Yes! My 11 year old self was definitely a fan

One of the cool punk guys in high school had a jacket with the yellow bunny, I was low-key so jealous 

yes :skull:  it was like the in thing in high school :deadbanana4:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.