Beyonce makes 1st Tik Tok video

Armani?

Why are people saying "I thought she'd be above this"?

It's literally just an uninspiringly stitched together video of fans dancing to the song, most likely by her label. I'd understand if she made an appearance and tried to do the "goofy", "relatable artist" tiktok thing, but she's not even in the vid :skull:

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lovett

• Jagger

• BnPac

• Lose My Breath

6 minutes ago, Khal said:

Why are people saying "I thought she'd be above this"?

It's literally just an uninspiringly stitched together video of fans dancing to the song, most likely by her label. I'd understand if she made an appearance and tried to do the "goofy", "relatable artist" tiktok thing, but she's not even in the vid :skull:

Exactly. This actually feels less contrived than a lot of the TikTok stuff artists are doing nowadays

I don’t think some of you realize how important TikTok is to music now, maybe this is why we need more Gen Z kids on ATRL to help educate some of you. TikTok is pretty essential so to act like she’s “above” it, no one is above TikTok even huge pop acts.

why do yall keep quoting that soccer user when he's literally admitted to being an OBH? ignore his try hard trolling and go on with the rest of your day

9 minutes ago, MotoPapi said:

This feels so beneath her. I’ll leave it at that.

I SWEAR u are the same person whod go running into Bey-related threads and call her stuck up in her "Goddess" Image :rip:

33 minutes ago, Jagger said:

So being queer and scrutinizing queer inspired art is narcissistic now :confused: read the Greek myth of Narcissus and see who in this convo it really describes 

Beyoncé would actually appreciate a real queer critic but you don't get it do you? She doesn't need your defending. Like if we got beef then I don't got beef with you but you have beef with me :confused: I'm legitimately asking 

You're not a critic, you're a hater going from threads to threads to trash an artist to feel a bit important. And being queer is not a badge of honor. House also does not belong to just queers so your sexual orientation makes your opinion neither more legitimate nor universal nor even necessary. That's delusion of grandeur speaking, sorry. 

And that's the last I am addressing you. I avoided it until now but the way you thought YOU were somewhat important enough that Bey requires your approval was funny hence my LOL. 

Edited by BnPac

but where's the ACTUAL vidyeo for the song?!

This was a smart move tbh. Tik tok has major impact and she knows that. Any artist would be dumb to not try and utilize it 

It’s literally a compilation of people and fans reacting to or dancing to the song. How is this causing outrage and I see ppl saying “I thought she was above this” Above what? Videos like this have been done by her and other artists even way before TikTok (I.e compilations of fans in the audience on tour dvds, etc) :huh: 

I am GENUINELY confused :psyduck: like fr lmaoooo

One second it’s “why does Bey act like an untouchable Goddess” the next second it’s “why has her team resorted to posting on TikTok” 

14 hours ago, BnPac said:

You're not a critic, you're a hater going from threads to threads to trash an artist to feel a bit important. And being queer is not a badge of honor. House also does not belong to just queers so your sexual orientation makes your opinion neither more legitimate nor universal nor even necessary. That's delusion of grandeur speaking, sorry. 

And that's the last I am addressing you. I avoided it until now but the way you thought YOU were somewhat important enough that Bey requires your approval was funny hence my LOL. 

I am not a hater. I am just hyper critical. And yes it does.....house was invented by queer (mostly non-cis) individuals of color. Beyoncé is a cis straight woman. It is appropriation in my eyes. Plus that comment from your little friend Janelle was just so over the top, homophobic, and hurtful. How can Beyonce appropriate gay culture when her fans are majorly homophobic? It does not sit right with me. Miss Janelle and others of her homophobic ideals should NOT be bopping to songs like Break My Soul. It's distasteful 

So yeah. Guess we got beef but I'm still wishing you lots of love and peace. I don't have ill will towards you sis and I hope you get better soon :heart2:

Edited by Jagger

1 hour ago, Jagger said:

I am not a hater. I am just hyper critical. And yes it does.....house was invented by queer (mostly non-cis) individuals of color. Beyoncé is a cis straight woman. It is appropriation in my eyes. Plus that comment from your little friend Janelle was just so over the top, homophobic, and hurtful. How can Beyonce appropriate gay culture when her fans are majorly homophobic? It does not sit right with me. Miss Janelle and others of her homophobic ideals should NOT be bopping to songs like Break My Soul. It's distasteful 

So yeah. Guess we got beef but I'm still wishing you lots of love and peace. I don't have ill will towards you sis and I hope you get better soon :heart2:

Your hatred of Beyonce is literally at unhealthy levels, I gotta keep it 100 with you. At least most of her haters admit to being trolls, but this is just……Jesus. A mental health crisis 

1 hour ago, Bears01 said:

Your hatred of Beyonce is literally at unhealthy levels, I gotta keep it 100 with you. At least most of her haters admit to being trolls, but this is just……Jesus. A mental health crisis 

So now you're going to be ableist and **** on someone for being neurodivergent? Beyoncé fans proving their prejudice yet again! The ableism in your post is too much!!! 

My mental health is fine thank you bears!!! You could use some sensitivity training yourself though

https://www.rev.com/blog/speech-to-text-accessibility/avoid-ableism-speaking-about-disabilities

Edited by Jagger

3 hours ago, Jagger said:

Beyoncé is a black woman, a diva at that. The queer culture that birthed house has always been a tribute to women just like Beyoncé. Let's clock the importance of Diana Ross to the underground ball scene in the 1970's for starters. Not to mention House was in itself dominated by women like Robin S, Crystal Waters, Cece Peniston, Ultra Naté etc. 

That's not appropriation, Beyoncé is a Queer icon and her image and likeness have been essential to those scenes for years now. Brown and black POC the world over have identified with Beyoncé from day one, which is why the only people talking out their neck about "appropriation" are white gays who have never been a part of and/or relevant to those spaces.

You're reaching, but you know that.

I see she's going mega viral :jonny5:

7 minutes ago, Planet Mars said:

Beyoncé is a black woman, a diva at that. The queer culture that birthed house has always been a tribute to women just like Beyoncé. Let's clock the importance of Diana Ross to the underground ball scene in the 1970's for starters. Not to mention House was in itself dominated by women like Robin S, Crystal Waters, Cece Peniston, Ultra Naté etc. 

That's not appropriation, Beyoncé is a Queer icon and her image and likeness have been essential to those scenes for years now. Brown and black POC the world over have identified with Beyoncé from day one, which is why the only people talking out their neck about "appropriation" are white gays who have never been a part of and/or relevant to those spaces.

You're reaching, but you know that.

Hmmm i find it very problematic to say that gay men and gay culture are IDENTIFYING with cis straight women. Especially one that hasn't acknowledged gay men outside of a little love letter to Frank Ocean or whatever. Especially after the comment from your friend Janelle about how gay men run around trying to be women like Beyoncé. It's not a thing and it's distasteful to me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I have actually lost sleep over the hurt that her comment has caused me but I truly hope she can heal and she finds peace. As well as you 

1 minute ago, Jagger said:

Hmmm i find it very problematic to say that gay men and gay culture are IDENTIFYING with cis straight women. Especially one that hasn't acknowledged gay men outside of a little love letter to Frank Ocean or whatever. Especially after the comment from your friend Janelle about how gay men run around trying to be women like Beyoncé. It's not a thing and it's distasteful to me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I have actually lost sleep over the hurt that her comment has caused me but I truly hope she can heal and she finds peace. As well as you 

But that's the truth. The underground ball scene has historically been dominated by effeminate gay men and trans women who identified almost exclusively with the feminine. The lingo is in itself a feminine default (the girls, sis etc.) Their icons have for the most part been cis-women who they emulate.

Beyoncé's is a gay icon because she appeals directly to that scene, her femininity is bold and often replicated by the Queens of the ball scene. Beyoncé has also given many nods to the community, most profoundly when she included 2 Queens in her Freakum Dress video back in 2006 and was once even flanked by 2 gay dancers while performing Single Ladies on the Tyra show in 2008.

Beyoncé doing house music is a perfect nod to the community that has always supported her and it's why its resonated so quickly. She's a natural for it. 

35 minutes ago, Planet Mars said:

But that's the truth. The underground ball scene has historically been dominated by effeminate gay men and trans women who identified almost exclusively with the feminine. The lingo is in itself a feminine default (the girls, sis etc.) Their icons have for the most part been cis-women who they emulate.

Beyoncé's is a gay icon because she appeals directly to that scene, her femininity is bold and often replicated by the Queens of the ball scene. Beyoncé has also given many nods to the community, most profoundly when she included 2 Queens in her Freakum Dress video back in 2006 and was once even flanked by 2 gay dancers while performing Single Ladies on the Tyra show in 2008.

Beyoncé doing house music is a perfect nod to the community that has always supported her and it's why its resonated so quickly. She's a natural for it. 

I just.......the disconnect in our cognition. It's fine though, babe. Your philosophy lite is fine for you if it works for you! I was trying to have intense psychological discussion about things that harm queerness and the appropriation of queer spaces. It's a bit high brow for some and I apologize for that

24 minutes ago, Wizard said:

this trolling :dies: 

Huh? Anything more profound to say here, Wiz? I'm just not impressed with this Beyoncé rollout thus far ¯\_(ツ)_/ just like I haven't been impressed with her previous rollouts 

36 minutes ago, Jagger said:

I just.......the disconnect in our cognition. It's fine though, babe. Your philosophy lite is fine for you if it works for you! I was trying to have intense psychological discussion about things that harm queerness and the appropriation of queer spaces. It's a bit high brow for some and I apologize for that

You try way too hard, it's not that deep babe.

19 minutes ago, Planet Mars said:

You try way too hard, it's not that deep babe.

So you agree? It's too deep?

I need the album release to hurry up, this song is stale already and boring AF. 

I know there's some f***ing deep cut gems on the album. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.