Kelsea Ballerini - 'Subject To Change'

Hooker Barbie

6 hours ago, Ialmostdo said:

The next song coming is an upbeat fun song if sam.teas was right about the release date on If You Go Down.

As a hardcore Roses stan, Muscle Memory is the standout for me. I Guess They Call It Fallin' is probably the runner up.

Dream Crusher is the only one of those, in full, that is worth while. 

Could you do a rankdown and track by track review a few days before the album is released? That would be awesome! 

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LovaticSwiftie

• sam.teas

• RealityBites

• DancingShoes

3 hours ago, sam.teas said:

This album is shaping up to be my last favorite from her :chick3: I hope the remaining album tracks are far better than the already released ones. 

Unapologetically >>> Kelsea >> The First Time > STC (As of now) 

I'm actually loving everything so far but I'd be surprised if this tops Unapologetically for me.

I really liked this! It's honestly a solid project altogether but I knew going in I'd like it bc I've liked all the singles.

I didn't expect the Halsey dig on Doin' My Best :deadbanana:

simple and easy album, singles are incline along with album tracks, pleasant, relax, and clean like her usual staffs. except honky tonk 'you're drunk, go home'

personal love on 'i cant help myself' and refreshing melodies on 'weather', emotional on 'marilyn' :chick3:. not disappointing :clap3::celestial::alexz3: 

[Verse 2]
I was friends with a pop star
I put 'em on track four, but
Wish I could take it back, I would've nevеr asked
If I knew we wouldn't talk anymorе
Sometimes I try to say the right thing
And it comes out wrong
And Twitter kicked my ass, now it's one less app on my iPhone, yeah

wtf :deadbanana4:

Is the Twitter line about that guy dropping the N word? b/c she did get eaten up for her response to that :skull:

1 hour ago, Polgg48 said:

simple and easy album, singles are incline along with album tracks, pleasant, relax, and clean like her usual staffs. except honky tonk 'you're drunk, go home'

personal love on 'i cant help myself' and refreshing melodies on 'weather', emotional on 'marilyn' :chick3:. not disappointing :clap3::celestial::alexz3: 

Hide contents

[Verse 2]
And it comes out wrong

The only person she’s had on a track 4 is Halsey. I didn’t realize they had beef lol

2 hours ago, Polgg48 said:

Reveal hidden contents

[Verse 2]
And it comes out wrong

Did you like You’re Drunk, go home? Is it single material? 

4 minutes ago, RealityBites said:

Did you like You’re Drunk, go home? Is it single material? 

it's fun on neo-traditional honky tonk which relies on loud/heavy hitting chorus. no individual verse/part, all three sing together throughout the song. a bit of kelly bait verse two and thats it. single? i say qualify :gayorkcat2:

5 minutes ago, Polgg48 said:

it's fun on neo-traditional honky tonk which relies on loud/heavy hitting chorus. no individual verse/part, all three sing together throughout the song. a bit of kelly bait verse two and thats it. single? i say qualify :gayorkcat2:

Awesome review. Thank you for that! 

Amazing album. As stated above, the singles are a good representation of the album as a whole: very breezy, positive. The album is more upbeat than her previous efforts but it really works, there’s enough ballads/mid-tempo sprinkled throughout the album to balance it out. Instant favorites are Subject To Change, Muscle Memory, Doin’ My Best, Marilyn and The Little Things. 

Another solid album from her, she’s so underrated it’s sad to see.

I had no idea she and Halsey had a falling out, so hearing her spill about that had me gagging!

19 minutes ago, SimpleKindofLife said:

I'm sure the Halsey slander is justified.

girl should've sent a DM and have a conversation (like grown ass women do) rather than making obvious shout-outs like a stupid child craving some attention :rip:

Hands down, this is her best record yet. I Can't Help Myself, Muscle Memory, and Doin' My Best are big standouts for me on the first listen.

I really hope she gets recognition with this album. She deserves it.

1 hour ago, original_lifeline said:

girl should've sent a DM and have a conversation (like grown ass women do) rather than making obvious shout-outs like a stupid child craving some attention :rip:

Perhaps they did have a conversation about it. Why are you assuming they didn’t?

2 hours ago, original_lifeline said:

Just like Halsey should've sent a DM to that pitchfork writer

sub-buzz-2864-1579807916-22.png

Kelsea's just telling her story and I love that for her

definitely her best album. 

Hope one of the songs takes off.

She did it! She topped Unapologetically for me. It's a truly magical album with bright and fun production. I hope she had a lovely time making it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.