• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LovaticSwiftie

• sam.teas

• RealityBites

• DancingShoes

First of all, I’d like to say that I’m really happy that everyone seems to love the album and that Kelsea still is way too underrated.

But after five or six listens, I have to say that this is my least favourite album from her. Unapologetically is one of my all time favourite albums with only one song I dislike, and I really liked most of the Kelsea album and her debut, but something is missing on the new album imo. For me, the album is way too laid-back, missing that oomph in most of the songs and is especially not that instant melody-wise as her previous records.

I’m really missing songs like “Get Over Yourself”, “Roses”, “Love Me Like A Girl”, “Needy” or “Half Of My Hometown” on this album, which are all songs I fell in love with after the first listen.

Even though I called “Muscle Memory” the “Roses”/”Needy” on the album earlier, because I think it’s going to be the fan favourite, it’s still not as strong.

Plus, I had really high hopes for the Kelly x Carly collab, and even though I knew, it’s going to be a sassy song, I’d wish the collab would’ve been a song like “What He Didn’t Do” or “Never Wanted To Be That Girl” after all of them are/were going through divorce. Don’t get me wrong, they all sound great, but I’m sure, they would’ve sound even better on a heartbreaking song together. Also, “You’re Drunk, Go Home” is screaming for a bridge, where they all take turns on each line.

The only songs I will keep are Muscle Memory, I Guess They Call It Fallin’, Weather, Love Is A Cowboy and Heartfirst.

It’s really hard to tell which songs should be the next singles, but I would go with Muscle Memory, Love Is A Cowboy and The Little Things.

Will continue to listen to the whole album and I hope a few songs will grow on me, but I hope her next album is going to be a lot sadder with one or two big power ballads (which I always wanted from her) and a few more pop leaning bangers.

This is definitely better than her last album. Curious to see which song they will release next because I really don't see any potential hit on this album except Heartfirst. But that one is taking forever to take off on country radio.

I'm not feeling this album. All the songs are plain. The only songs that jump out at me are IF YOU GO DOWN (I'M GOING DOWN TOO), THE LITTLE THINGS, MUSCLE MEMORY and YOU'RE DRUNK, GO HOME. Disappointing after 3 strong albums.

What's this soulless crap

Had this on pretty much all weekend and I'm obsessed. Its the end of summer vibe I was hoping it would be. 

For now Unapologetically remains by far her best, but this is an easy second:2ndplace:

This album ABSOLUTELY deserves more love.

On first listen, it's maybe a little basic, but the melodies, the harmonies, the lyrics....gorgeous, catchy and we've got so many classic driving choruses that remind me of old-school Taylor Swift (lots of nods to her writing style), Kacey Musgraves, Michelle Branch, etc. 

It's just bright, sun-drenched country pop that sounds better with every listen.

My tops are easily Muscle Memory, I Guess They Call It Fallin' (a lowkey bop), The Little Things, Fallin', Weather, Heartfirst and Doin' My Best.

There are a few skips but that's expected with most 16-track albums. She did great. :clap3:

Edited by pinkbowvintage

this is such a cute album! Absolutely in love with the songs thus far!! Will defo be listening to the songs for a while! The lyrics are so cute and so clever! 

On 9/29/2022 at 9:33 AM, ztmofficial said:

Such a good review

Love Grady and his channel. One of my favourite music YouTubers.

• 8 months later...

wheew, after being stunned by the ''Rolling Up The Welcome Mat'' EP I had to check out her latest album aswell and I'm stunned AGAIN!

Such a great album :jonny6: I'm absolutely in love with her. She's got a new fan in me!

35 minutes ago, Nashe said:

wheew, after being stunned by the ''Rolling Up The Welcome Mat'' EP I had to check out her latest album aswell and I'm stunned AGAIN!

Such a great album :jonny6: I'm absolutely in love with her. She's got a new fan in me!

Did you listen to her best album Unapologetically yet? :fan:

8 hours ago, LovaticSwiftie said:

Did you listen to her best album Unapologetically yet? :fan:

I'll listen to her whole discography but I'll space them out. These 2 so far were a magical experience so I'll be taking my time

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.