The Little Mermaid (2023) | Makes a BIG streaming splash on Disney+ | 16M views! 🫧🐚

V$.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• V$.

• Lovett

• Aethereal

• chosensparkles

On 5/23/2023 at 3:29 AM, BNF91 said:

Audience scores should be great if these critic scores hold. 

Anyways, here we go, final week of presales tracking begins. Reviews being decent enough have allowed the days presales to grow nicely. Usually when the review embargo hits and a film gets trashed, you can see presales fall off a cliff. Not the case here.  

Seems like $12M Thursday is all but assured. If it can go higher, we will see.. but a $100-110M 3-day seems pretty locked too. So $130-135M+ holiday weekend debut should be for sure. Would love to see it hit that $140-150M range though. Nonetheless, it would be a great start and make $400M domestic a real possibility. 

I hope u right 

2 hours ago, GraceRandolph said:

What spoilers? Everyone has seen the original movie. 

There is a twist in the finale from what I read, and also wanted to see how they recreated Vanessa scene. 

1 hour ago, V$. said:

Back to 73% on RT! :clap3:

Third highest for Disney live-actions, after TJB and Cinderella. :clap3: We love to see it.

Critics Consensus

With Halle Bailey making a major splash in the title role, Disney's live-action Little Mermaid ranks among the studio's most enjoyable reimaginings.

:weeps:

1 hour ago, V$. said:

Critics Consensus

With Halle Bailey making a major splash in the title role, Disney's live-action Little Mermaid ranks among the studio's most enjoyable reimaginings.

:weeps:

oh wow

1 hour ago, MrLovett said:

Third highest for Disney live-actions, after TJB and Cinderella. :clap3: We love to see it.

the Cruella erase i- :toofunny3:

OT: cant wait to see this in 4dx.. the water effects must be an event

18 minutes ago, Johnny Jacobs said:

the Cruella erase i- :toofunny3:

Cruella isn't a live-action adaptation though, it's a prequel. I'm obviously referring to the adaptations of existing films. :skull:

6 minutes ago, V$. said:

The spoilers started to come out! Time to go. :gaycat7:

I've already seen some scenes and let me tell you...... I won't even say.

My tickets are booked for Saturday, with three (potentially five) friends! :duca: Can't wait!

3 minutes ago, MrLovett said:

My tickets are booked for Saturday, with three (potentially five) friends! :duca: Can't wait!

I don't have tickets, yet. May try and go next weekend... we'll see. Problem is no one to go with, haha.

Watching this tonight at 6 :duca: Can't believe the day is finally here :weeps: 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MrLovett said:

Cruella isn't a live-action adaptation though, it's a prequel. I'm obviously referring to the adaptations of existing films. :skull:

Obviously :isudumblmao:

Just now, Johnny Jacobs said:

Obviously :isudumblmao:

If it was obvious to you, then why would you have replied that to it? :deadbanana2:

• Like 1

Not me clicking on the trending topic and the second thing I see is the ending. :skull:

3 minutes ago, MrLovett said:

If it was obvious to you, then why would you have replied that to it? :deadbanana2:

I was being sarcastic :dies:

Its a live action period 

3 minutes ago, touchofmyhand said:

Not me clicking on the trending topic and the second thing I see is the ending. :skull:

The streets are saying Vanessa's scenes EAT! :WAP:

My tickets are for tomorrow :redface:

1 minute ago, V$. said:

The streets are saying Vanessa's scenes EAT! :WAP:

My tickets are for tomorrow :redface:

I just stumbled across a spoiler clip and the actress who plays Vanessa... WOW. I'm gagged. I can't WAIT to see this!

35 minutes ago, Desire said:

Watching this tonight at 6 :duca: Can't believe the day is finally here :weeps: 

Same! Cinemark is doing early access and I switched my tickets! 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.