The Little Mermaid (2023) | Makes a BIG streaming splash on Disney+ | 16M views! 🫧🐚

V$.

This movie was never gonna be acclaimed, especially with the CGI, anything above 50 should be considered a win considering previous live adaptations 

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• V$.

• Lovett

• Aethereal

• chosensparkles

4 minutes ago, CaptainMusic said:

This movie was never gonna be acclaimed, especially with the CGI, anything above 50 should be considered a win considering previous live adaptations 

Jungle Book was rightly acclaimed. 

6 minutes ago, D_Man3379 said:

I mean that’s been said for all the live action remakes. Yet they’re box office hits. 

Domesticly at least. 

It needs to make 1 billion to be considered successful, considering its huge promo budget. The promo for this film has been insane.

I'm rooting for Bailey, she's grown on me so much after watching some interviews. 

Such a sweet and lovely personality.

I still think TLM didn't need a live remake. The original is just too special.

I read a review that basically said: it's about a damn mermaid, they didn't need to overexplain everything to try to make it make sense. It's fantasy. We can suspend disbelief. If we can accept talking sea creatures we can accept some of the logic leaps. As a result the movie is way too long and drags. 

Edited by EmailMySwift

I talked about It with a Friend already saw it in a preview.

He hates Disney live actions and this Is mediocre too but at the same time it was the most enjoyable between all of them.

Halle berry is really great, some musical scene is well done and there are good action scenes.

Some creatures are funny and cgi is not terribile terribile. Marshall makes the movie fun and fresh, not just a dead homage like beauty and the Beast. 

As most critics he said Bardem sadly is really really bad. 

3 minutes ago, EmailMySwift said:

Jungle Book was rightly acclaimed. 

Yeah I forgot that, they did that :clap3: 

But Aladdin, The Lion King, Snow White and The Hunstman, Dumbo all got mediocre reviews so that’s the exception 

Just now, vale9001 said:

He hates Disney live actions and this Is mediocre too but at the same time it was the most enjoyable between all of them.

Halle berry is really great, some musical scene is well done and there are good action scenes.

Some creatures are funny and cgi is not terribile terribile. Marshall makes the movie fun and fresh, not just a dead homage like beauty and the Beast. 

Bardem looked an absolute mess in the short clips I’ve seen of him already so not surprised :skull: 

22 minutes ago, D_Man3379 said:

I mean that’s been said for all the live action remakes. Yet they’re box office hits. 

Domesticly at least. 

My friend (he's 49 years old) said Kids should really like It cause it has good action scenes and the creatures are good and everything is really colorfoul.

At the same time  a lot of critics feel like it's too long so i don't know. :ducky:

Edited by vale9001

6 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

Nooooo not daddy Barden getting panned. :jonnycat: I’m still excited regardless. :duca:

16 minutes ago, CaptainMusic said:

Yeah I forgot that, they did that :clap3: 

But Aladdin, The Lion King, Snow White and The Hunstman, Dumbo all got mediocre reviews so that’s the exception 

I agree the rest are bad. But I somewhat enjoyed Aladdin. Snow White & The Huntsman is actually not Disney, it's Universal. 

28 minutes ago, Darkgalord said:

It needs to make 1 billion to be considered successful, considering its huge promo budget.

:ahh:

750M are a good amount of money both for get earnings and to look successful. Less than that would be underwhelming if we see the numbers of every movie from all Disney renaissance era remakes. 

Edited by vale9001

1 hour ago, Darkgalord said:

It needs to make 1 billion to be considered successful, considering its huge promo budget.

The break even point for The Lion King was around $700M WW.

TLK has a budget of $250M and $135M costs for promo. LTM has a budget of $200M (I hope it's not higher and I wont be surprised if it is) and probably has more expensive promo costs than TLK.

In such case with a less China-centric more US-centric box office score $600M-$700M  WW will be the break-even point and might give a modest profit depending on circumstances.

Several tens of million dollars will come from streaming and DVD sales.

Edited by Aristotle

6 minutes ago, Aristotle said:

The break even point for The Lion King was around $700M WW.

TLK has a budget of $250M and $135M costs for promo. LTM has a budget of $200M (I hope it's not higher and I wont be surprised if it is) and probably has more expensive promo costs than TLK.

In such case with a less China-centric more US-centric box office score $600M-$700M  WW will be the break-even point and might give a modest profit depending on circumstances.

Several tens of million dollars will come from streaming and DVD sales.

You have literally no proof of this.

TLK promo campaign was massive, you couldn’t escape from it.

I haven’t seen as many ads and promo for TLM tbh.

2 minutes ago, Space Cowboy said:

You have literally no proof of this.

TLK promo campaign was massive, you couldn’t escape from it.

I haven’t seen as many ads and promo for TLM tbh.

Just anecdotal evidence. Also Disney paid $10M for the Oscars.

https://nypost.com/2023/03/15/disney-paid-abc-10m-to-show-the-little-mermaid-teaser-at-2023-oscars/

Edited by Aristotle

The Lion King had an accompanying Beyonce film and entire visual album project, much more expensive talent than TLM, and was made entirely with highly advanced new tech that boomed production budget. The advertising budget was MUCH smaller because TLM is not as big of a film as TLK ever was. The comparison is pretty odd considering that. 

2 minutes ago, lgaga1fan said:

The Lion King had an accompanying Beyonce film and entire visual album project, much more expensive talent than TLM, and was made entirely with highly advanced new tech that boomed production budget. The advertising budget was MUCH smaller because TLM is not as big of a film as TLK ever was. The comparison is pretty odd considering that. 

Black is King was self-funded by Beyoncé and was released over a year after TLK was, just FYI.

1 minute ago, Darkgalord said:

And it flopped :lakitu:

This is just sad.

6 minutes ago, MrLovett said:

This is just sad.

I hid it.

My apologies. That wasn't cute.

-

I'm  perched for this movie TBH. :giraffe:

6 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

This was already posted like 5 comments above.

8 minutes ago, V$. said:

They are mad! :gaycat5:

Verified audience will be acclaimed

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.