The Little Mermaid (2023) | Makes a BIG streaming splash on Disney+ | 16M views! 🫧🐚

V$.

3 minutes ago, V$. said:

73% now!Β :gaycat4:

:jonny4:

Β 

The other Disney live-action films for comparison:

Β 

The Jungle Book – 94%

Cinderella – 83%

Mulan – 72%

Beauty and the Beast – 71%

Lady and the Tramp – 66%

Peter Pan & Wendy – 62%

Aladdin – 57%

The Lion King – 52%

Dumbo – 45%

Pinocchio – 29%

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• V$.

• Lovett

• Aethereal

• chosensparkles

4 minutes ago, MrLovett said:

Β 

Β 

The Jungle Book – 94%

Cinderella – 83%

Mulan – 72%

Lady and the Tramp – 66%

Peter Pan & Wendy – 62%

Aladdin – 57%

The Lion King – 52%

Dumbo – 45%

Pinocchio – 29%

They are fuming!Β 

Tiffany Pollard Laughing GIF - Tiffany Pollard Laughing Lol - Discover &  Share GIFs

The visuals on the trainer look absolutely stunning. I'm seated :jonny5:

This would be my return to cinema since House of Gucci.

1 minute ago, harwee said:

The visuals on the trainer look absolutely stunning. I'm seated :jonny5:

This would be my return to cinema since House of Gucci.

:gaygacat4:

28 minutes ago, Lead Cenobite said:

How much were they? I got the Cinemark one and I'm seeing the movie Thursday but with the scalpers and people buying in bulk I'm always worried I won't ever get one. I passed on the Guardians and a few others because they were borderline $50

Β 

It'll be $30! Which is a little surprising because yeah the past few releases have been expensive :skull:Β I feel like you should be fine getting one on Thursday since they'll put them out starting that day. I'm seeing the movie on Wednesday at Cinemark but will probably drive to AMC on ThursdayΒ after work to grab one myself :fan:

I'm going on Saturday with a group of friends! :duca:Β We're so excited for this.

Halle Bailey is tremendous as Ariel, providing powerful, emotion-stirring vocals & a wonderful sense of curiosity. New musical numbers, a slightly updated setting, and Daveed Diggs as Sebastian are other highlights in one of Disney's best remakes yet.

Β 

As Ariel, Halle Bailey shines brighter than the sun. She’ll silence the haters easily.

Β 

While it has choppy waters at times, leading lady Halle Bailey, who is on her way to stardom, helps keep this classic together.

Β 

Bailey has a beautiful singing voice, one which transports familiar Menken songs...into new heights…one of McCarthy’s all time best performances, the actress commanding her scenes, singing in a husky voice and vamping like a Broadway diva.

Β 

:heart2:

32 minutes ago, Desire said:

Β 

It'll be $30! Which is a little surprising because yeah the past few releases have been expensive :skull:Β I feel like you should be fine getting one on Thursday since they'll put them out starting that day. I'm seeing the movie on Wednesday at Cinemark but will probably drive to AMC on ThursdayΒ after work to grab one myself :fan:

Thank you so much! That's not too bad. When I went to see Guardians I asked the guy at the concessions how much the Rocket one was and he said $54 with tax already included. I thought I misheard so I went without getting it. Then I looked it up and saw they weren't kidding. Seeing it in Imax at 3:30.:heart:

1 hour ago, MrLovett said:

Β 

Β 

The Jungle Book – 94%

Cinderella – 83%

Mulan – 72%

Lady and the Tramp – 66%

Peter Pan & Wendy – 62%

Aladdin – 57%

The Lion King – 52%

Dumbo – 45%

Pinocchio – 29%

The Little Mermaid is bound to be amazing! sorry for doubting you Halle!

not the new songs getting eaten alive for being bad!!!

2 minutes ago, chosensparkles said:

not the new songs getting eaten alive for being bad!!!

Lies.

Β 

For the First Time SLAYS!

Β 

Imagem

3 minutes ago, V$. said:

Lies.

Β 

For the First Time SLAYS!

Β 

Imagem

Others, like all of the new songs, do not. The film clocks in at two hours and 15 minutes, which is 30 minutes too long for a family film. There’s a throwaway solo for Prince Eric (this is a great time for a bathroom break, parents), who apparently wants to sail the high seas, and at one point Scuttle actually raps. All respect to Awkwafina and Lin-Manuel Miranda, who wrote the new tunes, but Scuttle’s rap is one of the most cringe-worthy moments onscreen so far this year.Β 

Observer

1 minute ago, chosensparkles said:

Observer

Girl like I said, For the First Time SLAYS and it's not mentioned there.

Β 

Β 

And "too long for a family film"Β 

Β 

Days ago they were VERY excited about Spider-Man: Across The Spider-Verse being a long movie!Β :coffee2:

Β 

Pretty good scores. I fear a sleeper hit is coming

Bailey gives a glowing performance of effortless starshine; her singing voice has both sweetness and power, and her smile is the sort on which dreams dance.

Β 

In the end I loved Bailey so much as Ariel and her singing voice is so beautiful it allowed me to forgive much of the movies flaws. She really is that good.

Β 

Bailey sparkles in the role with a voice so ethereal it’s difficult to match and her performance is as gentle and as forceful as the seas themselves can be.

Β 

A mixed bag overall, but still a must-see for Halle Bailey's breathtaking work as Ariel and Melissa McCarthy's deliciously devilish Ursula.

Β 

Halle Bailey is tremendous as Ariel, providing powerful, emotion-stirring vocals & a wonderful sense of curiosity. New musical numbers, a slightly updated setting, and Daveed Diggs as Sebastian are other highlights in one of Disney's best remakes yet.

Β 

:heart:

Β 

Well aladdin made a billion also with 50s on mc, maybe this can too

Edited by fridayteenage

some people are saying word of mouth won't be good.

A lot of mixed reactions as well only praising Hailey's voice but that was expected.

14 minutes ago, MrLovett said:

Screenshot-2023-05-22-at-20-17-56.png

Β 

Look at all those "mixed reviews".

Β 

:WAP:

my mom who was super against the movie watched a sneak peek and she was like "ok I was wrong, she looks amazing and it doesn't take anything away from the other Ariel"

Β 

I am PERCHED perched!

24 minutes ago, chosensparkles said:

my mom who was super against the movie watched a sneak peek and she was like "ok I was wrong, she looks amazing and it doesn't take anything away from the other Ariel"

Β 

I am PERCHED perched!

She's exactly right! From all the reviews, it seems like Halle has really put an amazing stamp on this version of Ariel. I can't wait!

44 minutes ago, Darkgalord said:

some people are saying word of mouth won't be good.

A lot of mixed reactions as well only praising Hailey's voice but that was expected.

I mean that’s been said for all the live action remakes. Yet they’re box office hits.Β 

Β 

Domesticly at least.Β 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.