The Little Mermaid (2023) | Makes a BIG streaming splash on Disney+ | 16M views! 🫧🐚

V$.

The box office forums I follow, there are people who do theatre presales tracking as a full-time hobby. Usually the industry even gets their forecasts based on the data given to them by these internet guys. Anyways they have been showing their data for TLM and it's all great signs. Presales point to at least $8-10M previews, with $12-14M possible. They all seem in consensus that the 3-day debut should hit at least $85M but odds are that it goes much higher, like $110M 3-day. Would bring it to a $130-135M+ 4-day debut. 

The fact that presales are quite strong for such a film even this far out (and consistent too! Literally in the Sacramento/Orlando/Philly markets the daily ticket sales have not dropped since the day they released) suggests that there is lots of growth to be had. 

Excited to track this box office run. 

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• V$.

• Lovett

• Aethereal

• chosensparkles

3 hours ago, BNF91 said:

The box office forums I follow, there are people who do theatre presales tracking as a full-time hobby. Usually the industry even gets their forecasts based on the data given to them by these internet guys. Anyways they have been showing their data for TLM and it's all great signs. Presales point to at least $8-10M previews, with $12-14M possible. They all seem in consensus that the 3-day debut should hit at least $85M but odds are that it goes much higher, like $110M 3-day. Would bring it to a $130-135M+ 4-day debut. 

The fact that presales are quite strong for such a film even this far out (and consistent too! Literally in the Sacramento/Orlando/Philly markets the daily ticket sales have not dropped since the day they released) suggests that there is lots of growth to be had. 

Excited to track this box office run. 

:msmarvel:

I'm so excited for this :jonny4:

5 hours ago, est. in 90s said:

This looks so good :jonny5:

110k likes! :clap3:

12 hours ago, Butters said:

I don't think I'll have anyone that'll see this opening weekend with me:chick3: I gotta go though, this movie cannot flop!

Just go on your own (?)

8 hours ago, est. in 90s said:

Looks like there are some theaters that won't make popcorn buckets of the movie! :redface:

:biblio:

the cgi is killing me :rip:

sometimes it looks great - in the Under The Sea scene for example but in this new clip that Melissa shared it looks kind of bad.

The reason why Aladdin was more appealing is because it did not have heavy CGI animation and  a "natural" background scene.

The background in Cinderella and Beauty and the Beast was very unrealistic and looked like a theatre play. So with that being said I believe and hope The Hunchback of Notredam will serve. Most of the background is medieval Paris with a real Cathedral still standing today. Taking statues in CGI animation will look very real.

I prefer this Cinderella one over Disney's remake (but it's not a child friendly movie):

2 hours ago, V$. said:

Looks like there are some theaters that won't make popcorn buckets of the movie! :redface:

:biblio:

Cinemark will probably still have a bucket. They always release these weak kid combos made of cardboard. They had a Groot bucket for Guardians, a tool box for Fast X (which they haven't even posted about but I saw it at mine) Granted I'm just being hopeful :dancehall2:

On 5/9/2023 at 10:01 PM, Butters said:

I don't think I'll have anyone that'll see this opening weekend with me:chick3: I gotta go though, this movie cannot flop!

Let's go! haha.

20 hours ago, Aristotle said:

The reason why Aladdin was more appealing is because it did not have heavy CGI animation and  a "natural" background scene.

The background in Cinderella and Beauty and the Beast was very unrealistic and looked like a theatre play. So with that being said I believe and hope The Hunchback of Notredam will serve. Most of the background is medieval Paris with a real Cathedral still standing today. Taking statues in CGI animation will look very real.

I prefer this Cinderella one over Disney's remake (but it's not a child friendly movie):

Ever After is one of the best original concepts for a Cinderella film ever.

• ATRL Moderator

That Melissa clip :skull: She's seriously gonna sit there and try to imitate Pat Carroll's voice the whole time, huh? Horrible.

20 hours ago, Desire said:

Cinemark will probably still have a bucket. They always release these weak kid combos made of cardboard. They had a Groot bucket for Guardians, a tool box for Fast X (which they haven't even posted about but I saw it at mine) Granted I'm just being hopeful :dancehall2:

Cinemark in Latin America has a cup!

:redface:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.