The Little Mermaid (2023) | Makes a BIG streaming splash on Disney+ | 16M views! 🫧🐚

V$.

3 hours ago, Aristotle said:

The original TLM was my favorite Disney movie. But now that I am grown up I can see that Ariel was a complete idiot. Her father was totally at right for wanting to stop her interactions with humans and the above world especially at age of 16.

And not only did she sell her voice and leave her family for just a man she barely knew about but also risked the whole ocean.

In this remake they are changing this though.

Yeah and Snow White broke into a house that didnt belong to her, Alice followed a Rabbit and didnt even thought "omg a rabbit hey Tove Lo you got drugs?", Cinderella agreed to be a slave to her family, Belle fell in love with a Beast.... 

This is so sad looking at all thoses stories with adult glasses  :rip: Even children knows they don't represent the reality... 

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• V$.

• Lovett

• Aethereal

• chosensparkles

13 minutes ago, Bencharmer said:

Yeah and Snow White broke into a house that didnt belong to her, Alice followed a Rabbit and didnt even thought "omg a rabbit hey Tove Lo you got drugs?", Cinderella agreed to be a slave to her family, Belle fell in love with a Beast.... 

This is so sad looking at all thoses stories with adult glasses  :rip: Even children knows they don't represent the reality... 

None of those are as extreme as the Ariel's choice.

3 hours ago, MrLovett said:

Ariel wanted to be a human long before she met Eric. :rip: I swear people just completely forget the actual narrative of the film and get swept up in these social media think pieces. :toofunny3:

She had an obsession with the outside world and she wanted to get out (basically any teenager) but she gave up everything FOR ERIC. 

I mean Ursula wanted her voice for a reason

4 minutes ago, P.O.P said:

She had an obsession with the outside world and she wanted to get out (basically any teenager) but she gave up everything FOR ERIC. 

I mean Ursula wanted her voice for a reason

Yeah, basically every Disney princess gives up their life (in some capacity) for the prince. That's not exclusive to Ariel. She still wanted to escape the ocean and become a human before Eric. Eric ended up being the tool for her to get the life she wanted in the first place.

14 minutes ago, MadonnasBoyfriend said:

She did what now? I think you mean the good sis Goldie lox. Snow white is above that fuckery

You might want to rewatch Snow White.

23 minutes ago, MrLovett said:

Yeah, basically every Disney princess gives up their life (in some capacity) for the prince. That's not exclusive to Ariel. She still wanted to escape the ocean and become a human before Eric. Eric ended up being the tool for her to get the life she wanted in the first place.

Um I am going to need some receipts for her wanting to be a human before Eric. She wanted to be "part of the other world" sure, but that little hoe showed up at Ursula's doorstep when she needed a pair of legs to hold up in the air.

And not every Princess gave up on their life like... at all. You can't catch queen JASMINE doing that. Ugh my f*cking fave.

Just now, P.O.P said:

Um I am going to need some receipts for her wanting to be a human before Eric. She wanted to be "part of the other world" sure, but that little hoe showed up at Ursula's doorstep when she needed a pair of legs to hold up in the air.

And not every Princess gave up on their life like... at all. You can't catch queen JASMINE doing that. Ugh my f*cking fave.

She literally spent years collecting human trash and filled her underwater cave with it. :skull: What do you mean you need receipts? :deadbanana2: She was obsessed with the world up there and wanted to join it. Also, Flotsam and Jetsam trick her to go and find Ursula. Honestly, you need to recheck the storyline of TLM because you are completely off. :toofunny3:

Jasmine is my fave Disney princess too, but this narrative people have about Ariel is entirely formed from these weird think pieces which have utterly trashed the reality of her character.

Social media reactions this early can't really be trusted but based on what people are saying I think it'll be competent. "Best Disney live action" is a low bar to clear tbqh.

ImageImageImage

An absolute doll :jonny5:she's STUNNING!

4 hours ago, P.O.P said:

but that little hoe showed up at Ursula's doorstep when she needed a pair of legs to hold up in the air.

:rip::bibliahh:

2 hours ago, V$. said:

:WAP:

Fuuuuqq this is so beautiful.

5 hours ago, Bencharmer said:

Sick of this victim blaming (not just by you but generic comments online) :rip: You can tell who never grew up in an abusive household

When you're literally brought up to be submissive and quiet or else you'll get physically abused or at least verbally abused (3 outnumbering 1), you can never tell what behavior is "normal" anymore especially as someone like Cinderella who was never even allowed to go out. Not to mention that house was literally her parents' house and the only connection she has left with them aside from her mother's dress. (also a homeless young woman in the 19th century was more or less a dead person like where tf would she even go lmao)

And in Belle's defense, she knew the Beast was human before and there was hope that he'll change back :gaycat5:

The rest you can drag although the WORST princess imo is the condescending, impulsive and insensitive Anna who was even worse and "boy crazy" than Ariel :mandown:

a lot of praise for Melissa McCarthy. Another L for Miss Randolph :gaynetcat4:

2 hours ago, V$. said:

:WAP:

Aside from sebastian looking out of place, everything else looks too perfect :smitten:

1 hour ago, Da Vinci said:

Sick of this victim blaming (not just by you but generic comments online) :rip: You can tell who never grew up in an abusive household

When you're literally brought up to be submissive and quiet or else you'll get physically abused or at least verbally abused (3 outnumbering 1), you can never tell what behavior is "normal" anymore especially as someone like Cinderella who was never even allowed to go out. Not to mention that house was literally her parents' house and the only connection she has left with them aside from her mother's dress. (also a homeless young woman in the 19th century was more or less a dead person like where tf would she even go lmao)

And in Belle's defense, she knew the Beast was human before and there was hope that he'll change back :gaycat5:

The rest you can drag although the WORST princess imo is the condescending, impulsive and insensitive Anna who was even worse and "boy crazy" than Ariel :mandown:

Alice was in a dream after all and dreaming about chasing a talking rabbit is not really "odd" in that particular context. 

Also Snow White was  running in panic. Seeking help in a random village house she came across seems pretty reasonable even for a normal adult story. Sleeping in there without permission is another thing but still does not compare to Ariel's story.

I think Frozen is the worst Disney's Princess movie and yet the most successful. 

Edited by Aristotle

I don't think I'll have anyone that'll see this opening weekend with me:chick3: I gotta go though, this movie cannot flop!

6 hours ago, 99sandthe2000s said:

ImageImageImage

An absolute doll :jonny5:she's STUNNING!

So beautiful :WAP: 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.