The Little Mermaid (2023) | Makes a BIG streaming splash on Disney+ | 16M views! 🫧🐚

V$.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• V$.

• Lovett

• Aethereal

• chosensparkles

14 minutes ago, V$. said:

Imagem

He can also destroy my grotto :WAP:

Honestly, same.

Thinking Of You

When this is critically acclaimed, what will people say next?

”Critics are scared because they don’t want to be cancelled”

32 minutes ago, livelikemusic said:

351890433_videoscreenshot-youtube-thelit

351890442_videoscreenshot-youtube-thelit

Sorry but her is literally a tip? Just a tip? Gimme a bit more, please. Plus, I'm semi-upset it isn't a hand-like thing snatching her voice.

I liked :ghostface:

16 minutes ago, V$. said:

I liked :ghostface:

I don't think they ate enough. The hands always suggested to me, in a way, Ursula SNATCHING Ariel's voice, making it even more personal for her.

44 minutes ago, V$. said:

:WAP:

Daveed Diggs' accent does not work for me in the same way Samuel E. Wright's did.

Edited by livelikemusic

1 hour ago, V$. said:

:WAP:

Halle is serving BEAUTY omggg the haters really thought :jonny5:

It’s impossible to actually see - it’s so dark.

3 minutes ago, Haburo said:

So much footage we've seen so far is bright and colourful. :skull: Stop focusing on the purposefully darker scenes. They were dark in the original cartoon too.

1 minute ago, MrLovett said:

So much footage we've seen so far is bright and colourful. :skull: Stop focusing on the purposefully darker scenes. They were dark in the original cartoon too.

You could see the “Kiss the Girl” scene in the cartoon and the Part of Your World and Under the Sea sequences from the trailer were way more visible.

I am going to watch this movie but it being properly lit is not going to be the thing that stops people from suspending their disbelief when they are looking at a literal mermaid. It’s so stupid that they won’t light it properly - I feel like I’m watching a DC movie.

16 minutes ago, Haburo said:

KTG happened during dusk to night time. Do you expect it to be bright in live action? :gaycat2:

Fvol8H2WAAg4WkF?format=jpg&name=small

Anyway...

:msmarvel:

1 hour ago, dman4life said:

Halle is serving BEAUTY omggg the haters really thought :jonny5:

:gaygacat5:

That fish in the back serving Coco Montrese realness! :bibliahh:

6 minutes ago, V$. said:

KTG happened during dusk to night time. Do you expect it to be bright in live action? :gaycat2:

Reveal hidden contents

Literally yes. It’s a movie and I expect to be able to watch the movie.

Thinking Of You

All the hints of critical acclaim already but people who haven’t seen the film still complaining :dies:

1 hour ago, V$. said:

Reveal hidden contents

those screencaps :redface: using heavily artificially darkened JPEGs of the animated film is not gonna make the new one any better lit ...

there's a major difference between using darkness to create mood and neglecting to properly light your actors...the OG scene has a hazy and dreamlike colour palette which mirrors the romantic atmosphere Sebastian/Scuttle are attempting to create. Ariel/Eric in the new clip are like entirely washed out. Night time scenes can be lit beautifully and there is plenty to take inspo from... looks like they half-tried with the bioluminescent fish but they could have gone about 10x further. 

Anyways sounds like initial buzz is pretty good so maybe this is all moooot????

Edited by AdamL44

8 minutes ago, AdamL44 said:

those screencaps :redface: using heavily artificially darkened JPEGs of the animated film is not gonna make the new one any better lit ...

They are from the video on YouTube :deadbanana4:

fineszn-fineeszn.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.