The Little Mermaid (2023) | Makes a BIG streaming splash on Disney+ | 16M views! 🫧🐚

V$.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• V$.

• Lovett

• Aethereal

• chosensparkles

3 hours ago, Aristotle said:

They kinda look cute. 

They look like monsters.

:toofunny2:

7 hours ago, V$. said:

:gaycat2:

them being expected to sell out :jonny5: 

glad I preordered! mine got delivered already

1 hour ago, blaggot said:

them being expected to sell out :jonny5: 

glad I preordered! mine got delivered already

My Guide to Merfolk book was delivered today and it's so beautiful! :msmarvel:

Waiting my doll :duca:

Oh wow oh wow :WAP: This is probably better than the original, she did that!!!

The more I see these new "I hate Disney!" bandwagoners and anti-"woke" sheep the more I want this to top Aladdin and BATB :jonny:

Maybe this is just anecdotal but I've always felt that TLM was the second most popular Renaissance movie behind TLK growing up, Ariel sold more merch, backpacks and dolls than Belle, Jasmine, etc., everyone knows Under the Sea, play Part of Your World to a group of girls of any age and they all WILL sing along word for word (literally happened to me in middle school and I pretended not to care as a boy lmao), etc.

1 hour ago, Da Vinci said:

The more I see these new "I hate Disney!" bandwagoners and anti-"woke" sheep the more I want this to top Aladdin and BATB :jonny:

Maybe this is just anecdotal but I've always felt that TLM was the second most popular Renaissance movie behind TLK growing up, Ariel sold more merch, backpacks and dolls than Belle, Jasmine, etc., everyone knows Under the Sea, play Part of Your World to a group of girls of any age and they all WILL sing along word for word (literally happened to me in middle school and I pretended not to care as a boy lmao), etc.

Same! :WAP:

All of their versions are great but Halle's is truly magical.  :jonny4:

It's the racists mad about Ariel being black but trying to frame it as if they truly care about Disney not creating a new black original character and story :toofunny3:

5 hours ago, V$. said:

omg the little girls singing. so cute

1 hour ago, BonniemcChicken said:

The babies hitting the high notes :heart:

2 hours ago, BonniemcChicken said:

My heart melted :heart:

I wonder why they changed scuttle to a completely different bird that doesn't even go inland :rip:

42 minutes ago, dman4life said:

I wonder why they changed scuttle to a completely different bird that doesn't even go inland :rip:

I believe it's to reinforce the idea Triton forbid merfolks to go beyond the waters. In the animated movie Ariel obviously went there a lot of time. In the live action movie it feels like she just collects whatever fall underwater.

So befriending a gannet that can stay in the water for some minutes just add more mystery about this world and also confusion (Scuttle messing with human's habits, this land will feel even more alien to Ariel)

Edited by Bencharmer

43 minutes ago, Bencharmer said:

I believe it's to reinforce the idea Triton forbid merfolks to go beyond the waters. In the animated movie Ariel obviously went there a lot of time. In the live action movie it feels like she just collects whatever fall underwater.

So befriending a gannet that can stay in the water for some minutes just add more mystery about this world and also confusion (Scuttle messing with human's habits, this land will feel even more alien to Ariel)

Exactly!

I don't understand why Disney keeps adding the shot with the pink jellyfish to every video they post. 

The CGI looks so bad in that clip - her face looks like the only real thing in that shot. They really improved many things (we've seen so far) but this clip hurts my eyes. I hope they fix it in time for the release.

3 hours ago, Bencharmer said:

Ohhhh thank you it makes sense and it works perfectly with the fact that scuttle never really knew what the hell he was talking about :toofunny3:

2 hours ago, Schami66 said:

I don't understand why Disney keeps adding the shot with the pink jellyfish to every video they post.

Thought I was the only one super annoyed by this :dies:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.