The Little Mermaid (2023) | Makes a BIG streaming splash on Disney+ | 16M views! 🫧🐚

V$.

I hope the new song isn't too similar to For The First Time in Forever.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• V$.

• Lovett

• Aethereal

• chosensparkles

Watched the trailer again and her voice literally gives me chills :jonny5:

9 hours ago, CaptainMusic said:

Β 

Idk I think the race change will undoubtedly affect the box office especially outside the U.S, but I hope you’re right and it’s still a success

Aside from that, Disney has been bombing after COVID-19. Mulan and Cruella bombed. Even Black Panther 2 did underperform. Most people are over the remakes. They look promising in the trailer but not so great in movies

Β 

They have 2 months to fix the cgi. They better fix it asap.

Β 

I wish their was a sonic like backlash so they could fix ATLEAST sebasians face

3 hours ago, X~MoviePoP said:

Β 

Girl? Tf?Β :biblio:

3 hours ago, X~MoviePoP said:

Β 

There's no world where a photorealistic crab is going to satisfy anyone looking for an animated sebastian...Β  it was never going to be great. There's nothing really to fix. IMO Sebastian would look even worse if they tried to exaggerate his features to make him look like his animated character.Β 

3 minutes ago, V$. said:

Imagem

Β 

New doll!Β :bird:

Β 

And the trailer in 8KΒ :WAP:

Β 

Β 

This instantly makes the trailer better. I didnt even see ursulas eels until this 8k trailer

They did her dirty when they put that purple light on her in Ursula’s cave. All I could think about is Beyonce's famous quote: β€œYou can’t put blue light on a black girl.” She doesn’t look good at all in that shot.

Β 

As beautiful as Halle is, it is rarely captured in the trailer. She looks more like a Disney princess IRL than in the film.Β 

Β 

ETA: It makes me wonder how Zendaya would have looked in the role; although, Zendaya has looked quite plain without makeup.Β 

Edited by Pleighboy

15 minutes ago, Bacardo Royale said:

So they made Ariel black but kept everyone else white including her fatherΒ :rip:

three of her sisters are poc.

1 hour ago, Bacardo Royale said:

So they made Ariel black but kept everyone else white including her fatherΒ :rip:

They did colour-blind casting and the sisters are of all different races.

Y’all are insufferable on this site.

Β 

This looks GREAT. First things first this is a kids movie based in an underwater environment with marine life animals. What are y’all expecting? The animated version is impractical within itself so I knew that the live action would have some quirky camp likeness to it but that’s part of the fantasy. You can’t possibly make a real life crab look like the animated one. I think that would look more disturbing or ugly if anything. Get over it. The crab we have is practical and makes sense.Β 
Β 

Second. Β The CGI looks amazing and acceptable for a fantasy musical underwater kids film. Too much sense of realism underwater would look boring in my opinion. The CGI Looks better than the Aquaman live action and that’s truly what mattered IMO because technology doesn’t quite allow for underwater environments to really translate well without the use of CGI. Β Aquaman open the doors but if you look at the film today the graphics aren’t as great as the one seen on this trailer for TLM. Y’all need to upgrade your cheap devices and internet and watch in the quality it was meant to be seen.Β 
Β 

Third and lastly, the race issue is dead. Ariel is black, her father isn’t but neither are some of her sisters. Get over it. Mermaids aren’t supposed technically be defined by race or the color of their skin. Halle looks beautiful as Ariel and in my opinion bring a better likeness to the snobby character. Her singing Β voice alone carries the entire film. And not Ariana grange or some other white woman at this point could convince me to be a better Ariel based on the things we’ve heard and seen so far.Β 

Β 

Edited by ciara

I'm still mad they didn't give her the sea shell bikini...that thing she has on is hideous :rip:

56 minutes ago, ciara said:

Y’all are insufferable on this site.

Β 

This looks GREAT. First things first this is a kids movie based in an underwater environment with marine life animals. What are y’all expecting? The animated version is impractical within itself so I knew that the live action would have some quirky camp likeness to it but that’s part of the fantasy. You can’t possibly make a real life crab look like the animated one. I think that would look more disturbing or ugly if anything. Get over it. The crab we have is practical and makes sense.Β 
Β 

Second. Β The CGI looks amazing and acceptable for a fantasy musical underwater kids film. Too much sense of realism underwater would look boring in my opinion. The CGI Looks better than the Aquaman live action and that’s truly what mattered IMO because technology doesn’t quite allow for underwater environments to really translate well without the use of CGI. Β Aquaman open the doors but if you look at the film today the graphics aren’t as great as the one seen on this trailer for TLM. Y’all need to upgrade your cheap devices and internet and watch in the quality it was meant to be seen.Β 
Β 

Third and lastly, the race issue is dead. Ariel is black, her father isn’t but neither are some of her sisters. Get over it. Mermaids aren’t supposed technically be defined by race or the color of their skin. Halle looks beautiful as Ariel and in my opinion bring a better likeness to the snobby character. Her singing Β voice alone carries the entire film. And not Ariana grange or some other white woman at this point could convince me to be a better Ariel based on the things we’ve heard and seen so far.Β 

Β 

:clap3::heart:

The essays. Are y'all on the Disney payroll? This doesn't look as good as even Wakanda Forever, much less Avatar 2.

I hate when they go from animated animals to β€˜realistic’ animals, it’s what ruined the Lion King

Β 

All the characters lose their charm

yeah sorry the realism for sebastian and flounder are ugly, it's not so hard to add fantasy elements to a fantasy story so I don't really get what people mean when they say "how else is a singing crab supposed to look like?"Β 

Β 

I also forgot there will be new original music from Lin-Manuel Miranda that's bound to be badΒ 

C'mon this is not a kids movie... How old are the people interested in watching this one ?

Splash was filmed underwater and looked phenomenal ! It looks good here but could have been better and be more realistic.

Where is flounder ?

Β 

Still gonna hit the theater cause I am excited and a fan of her voice alone...

Can someone see the amount of likes vs dislikes?

Β 

Β 

She sounds and acts so ghetto. She’s on live talking about getting drunk. Is this your little mermaid? #panned

Β 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.