The Little Mermaid (2023) | Makes a BIG streaming splash on Disney+ | 16M views! 🫧🐚

V$.

1 hour ago, V$. said:

4K :WAP:

The darker scenes in the trailer are even brighter and more vibrant here! :WAP: Thank goodness everyone will stfu when they actually see the film. :lmao:

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• V$.

• Lovett

• Aethereal

• chosensparkles

• ATRL Moderator

I just watched the trailer. There are a lot of shots where Halle’s face looks imposed onto a CGI body and it’s really distracting. Did anyone else feel that way or is it just me?

8 hours ago, V$. said:

:gaycat5:

Then why doesnt he look like this in the trailer? This would make him 100x better

According to EDO Ad EnGage, Disney’s "The Little Mermaid" scored the best results when it came to driving incremental online engagement, with a 8,023 index. That means it was 80 times more effective at driving engagement than the medium Oscar ad that aired.

https://www.mediapost.com/publications/article/383374/abcs-oscars-up-12-national-tv-ad-spend-hits.html

:giraffe:

11 hours ago, Bloo said:

I just watched the trailer. There are a lot of shots where Halle’s face looks imposed onto a CGI body and it’s really distracting. Did anyone else feel that way or is it just me?

Yeah, I noticed that too. I think they're doing that when showing full body because in close ups (like roughly from chest up) it looks very "normal", for a lack of a better word.

Thank god they listened at the scenes being lit too darkly. The hair CGI was great too except when she was going out of water. Overall CGI is expected lol.  Also, wished that Ursula is much campier AND has bigger makeup. 

This looks so good! 

I'm waiting for y'all to switch once this inevitably becomes a BO smash :zzz: so predictable

hey V$! thanks for all the updates. :heart2:

I'm addicted to the trailer in 4k. Everything is so, so, so beautiful.

I still can't believe they went with that actor for Prince Eric, he was the first male love interest to look distinctive and show some personality yet they casted the blandes man they could find :rip: They did her wrong with that casting.

4 hours ago, Schami66 said:

hey V$! thanks for all the updates. :heart2:

I'm addicted to the trailer in 4k. Everything is so, so, so beautiful.

:heart:

Halle's vocals whew. We WILL be spamming the soundtrack. :jonny5:

Movie looks too damn dark but I’ll be supporting anyway.

8 hours ago, R.E.M. said:

I'm waiting for y'all to switch once this inevitably becomes a BO smash :zzz: so predictable

Idk I think the race change will undoubtedly affect the box office especially outside the U.S, but I hope you’re right and it’s still a success

On 3/13/2023 at 9:38 PM, Bloo said:

Yes, especially the scenes where she’s talking to her dad in her cave. The CGI on both of them looks really bad. It’s my main complaint with the trailer.

It’s  weird because there are shots were it doesn’t look bad at all. Like the ones with her swimming. Also, the shot of her turning her head as the fireworks catches her attention from her cave. The way she turns her face to the camera and the movement of her hair in that shot is beautifully done. 

But there is definitely inconsistencies throughout the trailer. I’m hoping they get it right before the premiere.

What I do know for a fact it’s that Halle’s voice sounds phenomenal and absolutely perfect. The way she hits that last note on the Reprise version of Part Of Your World gives me chills.

Edited by Itsjustalamb

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.