The Little Mermaid (2023) | Makes a BIG streaming splash on Disney+ | 16M views! 🫧🐚

V$.

I went back and watched the animated version for the first time in many years, and I will always stand by Halle Bailey as Ariel.  (She’s great and perfect in the role). But “Under the Sea” & “Poor Unfortunate Soul” are performed better in this version, and I forgot how unhinged Triton becomes while destroying Ariel’s items.  

• Like 1

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• V$.

• Lovett

• Aethereal

• chosensparkles

2 hours ago, PopMusicJunkie said:

I went back and watched the animated version for the first time in many years, and I will always stand by Halle Bailey as Ariel.  (She’s great and perfect in the role). But “Under the Sea” & “Poor Unfortunate Soul” are performed better in this version, and I forgot how unhinged Triton becomes while destroying Ariel’s items.  

I love both versions. The animated one holds a very special place in my heart and will always be my favorite. However, I really enjoyed how the live action remained faithful to the animated version, but also managed to throw some new stuff here and there. Also, I feel that the relationship of Ariel and Eric builds up better on the live version. 

• Like 1

Watched it 2 days ago, I was afraid it's gonna be really bad but it wasn't? I enjoyed that, it was nice enough. 7/10

It’s fine. Halle was great in this. I was expecting the musical numbers to be worse, specially after The Lion King, but Under the Sea was colorful as it should be. Almost one hour longer than the animated version and it still doesn’t add anything significant, just sloppier rhythm overall. The new Eric song is a DISASTER, the new Ariel song us kinda cute (but doesn’t match the original, feels more like a musical theatre song). I wouldn’t watch it again, but it’s okay.

I watched it last week. I think it shares the same problem as other live action remakes. It's so realistic, it loses the magic and whimsies. It also kinda looked cheap esp the on-land scenes. I did enjoy the race-bending casting. 

For the love of God, will Disney stop casting Akwafina is VO roles? Her comedy relies on visible hijinks

made my sister watch it and she was at first the biggest "hater" of the movie due to the media and their "woke campaign"

but she enjoyed it so much, she said Halle was perfect for the role and loved how different it was from the animated

• Like 1

Watched it for the first time last and I enjoyed it. The only criticism that I have is the horrible songs they wrote into the movie. Scuttlebutt, Wild Uncharted Waters and For the First Time... I cringed a little and kinda wanted to skip through them. And then the end when Eric and Ariel are in the boat going to the ship and Eric looks behind Ariel and it cuts to Triton in the water I chuckled... idk he just looked weird out of the water and his expression he was giving lol and then showing every single mermaid on the shore at the end didn't feel necessary. But other than those very small things I enjoyed the movie. I don't get the hate for the CGI, like idk what people were expecting... you want them to film Halle in the depths of an actual ocean or what? It's a Disney movie... for children. I give it at 8/10 just because of the extra songs they added in, they really should've been left out, and also there were some parts where the acting was a little off.

• Like 1

I finally watched it this weekend and I really enjoyed it. I thought it was really well done and fit with the animated movie really good, even with the extra stuff. 

• Like 1

huge win!

it's not really interesting to compare with Aladdin or Lion King. Disney+ had just launched for barely 1-2 months when they were released on the platform

• Like 1

I dont mean to be negative im just sayin..we coulda had a mix of this hair and some locs for some scenes/wedding scene in the movie

Glad this is slaying on D+. It was a cute adaptation :clap3:

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.