The Little Mermaid (2023) | Makes a BIG streaming splash on Disney+ | 16M views! 🫧🐚

V$.

On 7/24/2023 at 6:31 AM, genetic fail said:

This deserved to be in the 1B club :emofish:

Agreed.  

Either way, Halle Bailey was cast perfectly in the role as Ariel.  

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• V$.

• Lovett

• Aethereal

• chosensparkles

The overseas numbers were rough. This deserved to do better than even Beauty and the Beast tbh :rip:

I watched this in digital yesterday, 3rd time, and it's such a great movie. I love that my favorite animated now has two versions that I can enjoy! 

I would love it, if this movie made more $ but tbh I don't really care...

We have a beautiful movie, more merch than sand on a beach and got to know Halle. 

The Little Mermaid is THE movie of my childhood and I think nothing influenced me as a human more (it's true... It's true) and Im happy with what we got. I think this movie will earn a lot more love in the coming years.

Well if they didnt pull it from a million theatres im sure it woulda made it to 600 mill. 

On 7/26/2023 at 6:08 PM, X~MoviePoP said:

Well if they didnt pull it from a million theatres im sure it woulda made it to 600 mill. 

The box office climate post-COVID has been very harsh, caused by the streaming becoming stronger and taking over, economy falling down and the remake fatigue. All of that has added an additional layer of difficulty for the cinema business. I could see the movie reaching $650M if it was released, hypothetically, in a better timing like in 2018. 

Does it have enough gas to get to $600m?

$600m would be a good number. That's a lot more than most of the incel floppies this year. :fan2:

34 minutes ago, harwee said:

Does it have enough gas to get to $600m?

$600m would be a good number. That's a lot more than most of the incel floppies this year. :fan2:

The run is almost over. If it's lucky it will get close to $570M.

More realistically, around $565M. 

I saw the movie and loved it.

• Like 1

I was thinking that the little mermarid would have easily been 600-650 million dollars, but because some countries have bans on it.

Horizon Flame
52 minutes ago, ultimatebritney said:

I was thinking that the little mermarid would have easily been 600-650 million dollars, but because some countries have bans on it.

Which ones?

On 7/25/2023 at 10:55 AM, Aristotle said:

Barbie is outperforming every single Disney remake other than TLK. :michael:

No need to bring it in the conversation.

Well it’s truly disgusting how Barbie is having a “cultural moment” in China with all the little girls and teens trying to emulate the Barbie look but they literally boycotted the little mermaid. We all know why. :ace:

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

5 hours ago, livelikemusic said:

When does it drop on Disney+?

I believe September! 

9 hours ago, Onyxmage said:

Well it’s truly disgusting how Barbie is having a “cultural moment” in China with all the little girls and teens trying to emulate the Barbie look but they literally boycotted the little mermaid. We all know why. :ace:

It's not that big in China either. China had the best week ever, this month, in Box office and less than 10% of it was contributed by Western films.

Obviously the race controversy had it's effect but also China's movie market has given up on America's movies.

Edited by Aristotle

4 minutes ago, Aristotle said:

It's not that big in China either. China had the best week ever, this month, in Box office and less than 10% of it was contributed by Wetsern films.

Obviously the race controversy had it's effect but also China's movie market has given up on America's movies.

But the movie has made almost 800 million worldwide while TLM was literally getting boycotted in multiple countries.....

Just now, Onyxmage said:

But the movie has made almost 800 million worldwide while TLM was literally getting boycotted in multiple countries.....

I was specifically talking about China. Barbie is anomally huge WW, bigger than any Disney remake other than TLK.

Just saw it in digital. Terrible movie. The CGI is awful, the image is really boring, Hailey is cool. The underwater scenes are just dreadful and you can tell they just added the faces on some CGI bodies + the added hair to look like they are underwater are just too noticeable. It took me off of the movie, the rest seemed just bland and boring. 

It's definetly a low effort to grab money, they should be happy they reached this score in the BO. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 7

3 hours ago, Monsieurgedeon said:

Just saw it in digital. Terrible movie. The CGI is awful, the image is really boring, Hailey is cool. The underwater scenes are just dreadful and you can tell they just added the faces on some CGI bodies + the added hair to look like they are underwater are just too noticeable. It took me off of the movie, the rest seemed just bland and boring. 

It's definetly a low effort to grab money, they should be happy they reached this score in the BO. 

Calling a movie terrible bcs u are nitpicking cgi is on u. The acting and story and also the beauty of the film should outshine any little issues you had

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Down 2

The CGI was really decent. I don't get the complains.

One issue that I can think of is the background could've been more "waterful" in the sense of being a bit more realistically blue colored and more water-sound noises to be added and also hair movement should've been more emphasized. 

But it did not leave a dramatic stain in the performance of the movie at all.

The movie had the most challenging animation of all Disney's remakes so some imperfections were likely to pop in the eyes of audience.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, X~MoviePoP said:

Calling a movie terrible bcs u are nitpicking cgi is on u. The acting and story and also the beauty of the film should outshine any little issues you had

Yes it's on me, because it's my opinion. Is there a problem with that? 

5 hours ago, V$. said:

:gaycat2:

Coming for 700 million by end of year because of VOD

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.