The Little Mermaid (2023) | Makes a BIG streaming splash on Disney+ | 16M views! 🫧🐚

V$.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• V$.

• Lovett

• Aethereal

• chosensparkles

Any word on whether the DVD-Blu Ray will have any deleted scenes, extras etc?

my local cinemas still showing it with 2-3 screenings per day

• Like 1

On 7/13/2023 at 11:55 PM, X~MoviePoP said:

Are we near 600 mill worldwideΒ 

Mostly likely it will end up $580M WW.

I can't wait to see Hercules's Muses and Hades in the remake. I hope it wont disappoint like the rest of the remakes though. It's such a shame Hercules 1997 did not cross the 300M mark like most other 90s Disney movies.Β 

origin.jpg?w=1200&h=1000&fit=crop&crop=f

13 hours ago, Aristotle said:

I can't wait to see Hercules's Muses and Hades in the remake. I hope it wont disappoint like the rest of the remakes though. It's such a shame Hercules 1997 did not cross the 300M mark like most other 90s Disney movies.Β 

I rewatched it yesterday and I'm so perched for how it'd look like and who they'd cast

I'm happy this will end up passing $300M domestic after all the naysaying. Not bad at all.

• Like 1

On 7/14/2023 at 7:21 PM, Aristotle said:

I have a feeling Hercules will be a panned mess.Β 

• Haha 1

Hercules is my favorite Disney classic:jonny6:The way it still holds up to this day. But yeah knowing Disney live action I don’t know if they can capture that same animation magic and Music.Β 

8 hours ago, GraceRandolph said:

I have a feeling Hercules will be a panned mess.Β 

Angelina's curse scene in Maleficent was near perfection. I can see the Muses pulling it off in Hercules remake, especially since their scenes don't require heavy animation. The vases and the background in their scenes can easily depicted as very passing with CGI animation.

Β 

I don't know what to expect about the rest of the movie. I think Hades will turn out to be like Ursula. He will lack the body language, voice power and the charisma that the original character had and don't get me started on the animation.Β :michael:

Also the original movie was not that successful in comparison with other Disney's Renaissance projects, I don't know if that will refrain Disney from using stereotypically high budget. I think they should expect Cinderella's numbers (maybe a little bit higher domestically) and apply a similar budget.

On 7/15/2023 at 1:14 AM, Aristotle said:

Mostly likely it will end up $580M WW.

Is there a hope in hell for 600? Would love to see it cross that threshold…

2 minutes ago, Peroxide said:

Is there a hope in hell for 600? Would love to see it cross that threshold…

Honestly it will pass the $550M mark around this weekend or the first half of the up coming week. I don't see it doing $600M at all.Β 

The $580M is the upper bound, it can outdo that mark but will probably not touch the 600M.

Β 

With the DVD sales, $560M WW box office and the Disney+ streaming it will return the money of the expenses.Β 

7 hours ago, Aristotle said:

Angelina's curse scene in Maleficent was near perfection. I can see the Muses pulling it off in Hercules remake, especially since their scenes don't require heavy animation. The vases and the background in their scenes can easily depicted as very passing with CGI animation.

Β 

I don't know what to expect about the rest of the movie. I think Hades will turn out to be like Ursula. He will lack the body language, voice power and the charisma that the original character had and don't get me started on the animation.Β :michael:

Also the original movie was not that successful in comparison with other Disney's Renaissance projects, I don't know if that will refrain Disney from using stereotypically high budget. I think they should expect Cinderella's numbers (maybe a little bit higher domestically) and apply a similar budget.

But Hercules kinda need bigger CGI than Cinderella

8 minutes ago, chosensparkles said:

But Hercules kinda need bigger CGI than Cinderella

It does but I was specifically talking about the Muses.

This doing better than indiana, the flash and mission impossible and Elemental is quite pleasing to meΒ 

• Like 1

Another $1M in the 6th wknd in Japan, just -21% from last wknd despite Hayao Miyazaki's final film debuting. Surpassed $20.5M in Japan.Β 

Edited by BNF91
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, BNF91 said:

Another $1M in the 6th wknd in Japan, just -21% from last wknd despite Hayao Miyazaki's final film debuting. Surpassed $20.5M in Japan.Β 

They shoulda did a Japan premiere lol

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.