The Little Mermaid (2023) | Makes a BIG streaming splash on Disney+ | 16M views! 🫧🐚

V$.

2 minutes ago, Horizon Flame said:

Enough quoting this obsessive fangurl who’s lost touch with reality.Β 

:ahh:

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• V$.

• Lovett

• Aethereal

• chosensparkles

Another $1.2M from Tuesday-Thursday in Japan, remaining at #1. Just -8% from last week Tues-ThursΒ :clap3:

Β 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BNF91 said:

Another $1.2M from Tuesday-Thursday in Japan, remaining at #1. Just -8% from last week Tues-ThursΒ :clap3:

Β 

a US/Japan smasha

It's what happens when there's two ultra wide releases on one weekend. Indy 5 with 4600 theatres is just absurd, 6th highest of all-time. There's gonna be so many empty showings because it's flopping hard.Β 

Β 

Still think TLM should hold well this weekend. 834 theatre loss is something but it's still in 2400+ locations and honestly it's also pretty standard for a film in it 6th week.Β 

1 minute ago, V$. said:

:bird:

Β 

Β 

Imagine if they released this movie in a non-crowded time. It would of had even better legs

• Like 1

Honestly I think it did very well. Everyone is probably now just waiting for it to be on Disney+Β 

Β 

Β 

• Like 2

it was a great run in the US tbh

I hope they don't take it off for now in the US and let it milk as much money

• Like 1

Treated myself to a trip to the movies to see this again. And I loved it so much more the 2nd time.

Β 

And to my surprise & pleasure my 12:15 pm showing was totally sold out. I think had there not been so many big movies coming out every single week since it's release it would have a higher box office if it had more showings.Β 

Β 

But it was so good. Halle was perfect as Ariel. She captured her essence perfectly and her chemistry with Jonah as Eric was fantastic. Jonah was so good as Eric I was in love with him the entire time.Β 

Β 

Melissa did a great job as Ursula and Jessica was flawless as Vanessa.Β 

Β 

Daveed did a lot to carry the film as Sebastian my theater both times absolutely loved his portrayal of the character. Awkwafina was so funny as Scuttle, the comedic chemistry with her Scuttle & Sebastian was so entertaining.Β 

Β 

Loved the new songs more this time, Halle's song was amazing and I really loved Jonah's song as well especially the second time around.Β 

Β 

It was such a fantastic remake it sucks it isn't doing better at the box office but I am still so glad we have it.

• Like 1

I cannot wait for this to be on streaming services, it was so good!Β 

Β 

I might even buy the Blu-ray once it releasesΒ :gaycat4:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, V$. said:

:giraffe:

Β 

nice nice

wasn't it predicted at $4.4-5.6M?

$7.2M overseas this weekend

$242.8M total overseas

$523.8M total so far

Β 

top markets:

UK: $31.2M

Mexico: $20.6M

Japan: $17.1M

Brazil: $16M

Australia: $13.7M

Absolutely amazing film, Halle Bailey simply couldn't have done a better job she wasΒ perfectΒ - all the hair colour / racism B.S. I swear flew out the window for anyone that sat and watched this film. She is a DELIGHT! And her voice is absolutely angelic, goddess-level fantasy wow!

Β 

My singular only bone to pick with the film was the Melissa McCarthy casting, love her but hmm it wasn't doing it for me.Β 

• Like 1

On 6/30/2023 at 10:12 AM, GivingCher said:

Is there any word yet on when this will be hitting digital?Β :gaycat1:

Β 

Β 

:gaycat7:

+$300k from estimates, $5.4M actual 6th weekend, just -36% despite the screen losses.Β 

Β 

That home video release date pretty much confirms they are gonna let this just play through the whole summer.Β 

23 hours ago, BNF91 said:

+$300k from estimates, $5.4M actual 6th weekend, just -36% despite the screen losses.Β 

Β 

That home video release date pretty much confirms they are gonna let this just play through the whole summer.Β 

6.) The Little Mermaid (Dis) 2,430 (-845) theaters, Fri $1.56M Sat $1.87M Sun $1.95M Mon $1.4M Tues $1.35M 3-day $5.39M (-37%), 5-day $8.65M /Total $284.4M Wk 6

• Like 3

2 hours ago, chosensparkles said:

6.) The Little Mermaid (Dis) 2,430 (-845) theaters, Fri $1.56M Sat $1.87M Sun $1.95M Mon $1.4M Tues $1.35M 3-day $5.39M (-37%), 5-day $8.65M /Total $284.4M Wk 6

Idk why grace Randolph says this wont reach 300 domestic. Its definitely reaching it in the next 10 days

On 7/3/2023 at 3:02 PM, BNF91 said:

Β 

But they’re doing absolutely nothing for Β promo. Wtf is wrong with Disney? They were better off releasing the movie in Nov/Dec.Β 

Edited by Pleighboy

5 hours ago, chosensparkles said:

:superman:

5 hours ago, X~MoviePoP said:

Idk why grace Randolph says this wont reach 300 domestic. Its definitely reaching it in the next 10 days

Grace Randolph is the type to throw as much at the wall as possible, hoping something will stick. Her box office analyses has always been woefully amateur.Β 

Β 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.