The Little Mermaid (2023) | Makes a BIG streaming splash on Disney+ | 16M views! 🫧🐚

V$.

56 minutes ago, Pleighboy said:

ETA the receipts:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Sure Jan. Anyway, back on topic.

:ahh:

Β 

I had no idea who you were and had no recollection of this from 3 months ago. :rip:Β I also actually forgot about your casual racism, but thanks for validating this feeling I've had about you for these last few posts.Β :mazen:

• Thanks 1

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• V$.

• Lovett

• Aethereal

• chosensparkles

58 minutes ago, Pleighboy said:

ETA the receipts:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Sure Jan. Anyway, back on topic.

Β 

Let’s see how the movie finishes out, but I do not have high hopes. I somewhat blame Disney because the marketing campaign wasn’t that great and was rushed. It’s pretty much nonexistent now.Β 

Your comment in that screenshot was DISGUISTING. Im actually shocked you didnt get banned. It was so uncalled for. Calling black people ghetto for having fun and being around people they are comfortable with is definitely racist. And also, you hashtaghed panned because youve been negative from the jump regarding this movie and its star.

Β 

everyone dragged you for your comment.Β 

Β 

Why do you keep coming back into this thread if you hate it so much?Β 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, X~MoviePoP said:

Your comment in that screenshot was DISGUISTING. Im actually shocked you didnt get banned. It was so uncalled for. Calling black people ghetto for having fun and being around people they are comfortable with is definitely racist. And also, you hashtaghed panned because youve been negative from the jump regarding this movie and its star.

Β 

everyone dragged you for your comment.Β 

Β 

Why do you keep coming back into this thread if you hate it so much?Β 

I’m black though.Β 
Β 

Again, I do not hate the film. I actually enjoyed it, but the BO is sad and disappointing no matter how positive you want to be. Sadly, the naysayers won. People attacked Mena for his opinion only not to show up and he was right.Β 

Β 

Β 

Edited by Pleighboy

1 hour ago, MrLovett said:

:ahh:

Β 

I had no idea who you were and had no recollection of this from 3 months ago. :rip:Β I also actually forgot about your casual racism, but thanks for validating this feeling I've had about you for these last few posts.Β :mazen:

Do you want me to post more receipts? You weren’t going back and forth with me about Beyonce? Somehow you kept record that my font didn’t have positive things to say about Beyonce, but now you forgot. Is that your defense mechanism?Β 
Β 

Anyway, back to the topic at hand because the lies are insignificant. I deal with facts, not assumptions and biases.Β 

1 minute ago, Pleighboy said:

Do you want me to post more receipts? You weren’t going back and forth with me about Beyonce? Somehow you kept record that my font didn’t have positive things to say about Beyonce, but now you forgot. Is that your defense mechanism?Β 
Β 

Anyway, back to the topic at hand because the lies are insignificant. I deal with facts, not assumptions and biases.Β 

Let's make this very clear - you are not even remotely important enough to have made an impact on my memory. :skull: I never stated that we haven't interacted, I stated that I don't know who you are. I still do not. We could very well have discussed BeyoncΓ©, I still have no recollection of it... How arrogant do you have to be to expect someone to remember replying to your comment on a forumΒ monthsΒ ago? :deadbanana2:

Β 

Again, all of this over me posting a tweet saying the film had surpassed Maleficent. :toofunny3: So pathetic.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Pleighboy said:

I’m black though.Β 
Β 

Again, I do not hate the film. I actually enjoyed it, but the BO is sad and disappointing no matter how positive you want to be. Sadly, the naysayers won. People attacked Mena for his opinion only not to show up and he was right.Β 

Β 

Β 

But Mena deserved all those draggings. He has no right to speak on a film like that when he knows the film was already going through so much. ESPECIALLY since hes only bitter. He has been this way since there hasnt been an aladdin 2.Β 

Β 

The issue is that he is a actor under the same company and had the nerve to say something so inherently insensitive. No actor speaks bad about another actors film, that just doesn't happen in Hollywood...especially when they are both under the same company starring POC.

Β 

And i wish he realized the magnitude of what he said but instead he chose not to care or apologize.Β 

4 minutes ago, X~MoviePoP said:

But Mena deserved all those draggings. He has no right to speak on a film like that when he knows the film was already going through so much. ESPECIALLY since hes only bitter. He has been this way since there hasnt been an aladdin 2.Β 

Β 

The issue is that he is a actor under the same company and had the nerve to say something so inherently insensitive. No actor speaks bad about another actors film, that just doesn't happen in Hollywood...especially when they are both under the same company starring POC.

Β 

And i wish he realized the magnitude of what he said but instead he chose not to care or apologize.Β 

People actually defended Mena and still are. Why would he come out and apologize if that’s how he felt and he was right?

Β 

6 minutes ago, MrLovett said:

Let's make this very clear - you are not even remotely important enough to have made an impact on my memory. :skull: I never stated that we haven't interacted, I stated that I don't know who you are. I still do not. We could very well have discussed BeyoncΓ©, I still have no recollection of it... How arrogant do you have to be to expect someone to remember replying to your comment on a forumΒ monthsΒ ago? :deadbanana2:

Β 

Again, all of this over me posting a tweet saying the film had surpassed Maleficent. :toofunny3: So pathetic.

Oh, okay. Β :ahh:
Β 

Β 

Another thing that impacted this film’s BO longevity, in the states at least, is black parents that decided to leave their sons at home. I think that cut the ticket sales in half. It’s funny how they brought their daughter to watch Spiderverse.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

I just knowwww indiana 5 will flop harder. I dont see that movie finding an audienceΒ 

7 hours ago, X~MoviePoP said:

I just knowwww indiana 5 will flop harder. I dont see that movie finding an audienceΒ 

I see the ads everywhere it's so annoying.Β 

It's the fifth biggest movie of the year so far and people call it a flop?Β :rip:

Doesn't make sense to me.Β 

Β 

• Like 1

Yall btw watch halle in the line. Currently at tribeca film festival.

Β 

Shes coming for her awards in the next few years

• Like 1

Dr. Alexander
16 hours ago, Pleighboy said:

I’m black though.Β 

Referring to Halle as ghetto and then you have a white man as your profile picture. I already know what you are…

Β 

EDIT:Β spacer.png

Edited by Dr. Alexander

4 hours ago, chosensparkles said:

So it broke even

Only the production budget is paid off so far. The global theatrical revenue share is roughly 50% outside of China.Β 

Β 

Cinderella with $540M box office only a made $10M profit overall after clearing all the costs (without including additional profit of +$100M from TV and movie sales of course) and it had a $95M budget and 135M ads and prints meaning it broke even at roughly $520M. TLM has a $250M budget and $140M marketing.

Β 

It will pay off the costs and will turn a small profit (small as in for Disney's standards) with ancillary figures. But with a 540M-570M WW total box office score the revenue share is $260-270M,Β not enough to pay all the costs.

Β 

https://deadline.com/2023/05/little-mermaid-box-office-profit-loss-halle-bailey-1235383099/

Β 

In a break-even scenario off a $560M global box office (meaning a net profit of $71M before participations and residuals are accounted for), we’re told thatΒ Little Mermaidβ€˜s global film revenues would amount to $547M against its combined production, global theatrical and home entertainment marketing expenses of $476M. The pic’s revenues broken down include $267M in global theatrical film rentals, $100M net in domestic pay/free TV and what Disney pays itself to put the movie on Disney+, $100M in global home entertainment (DVD, digital), and $80M in international TV and streaming.

Β 

Β 

Despite the packed June slate, TLM looks to move back up to #5 in the dailies by Wednesday or Thursday, passing Transformers and the free-falling Flash.

Β 

Early Monday estimate of $1.3M just -50% from Sunday. Standard holds this week would set it up for another -20/-25% drop next weekend.Β Β :katie2:

Β 

Edit: Monday actual $1.32M. A scant -48% from Sunday. Brilliant.Β 

Edited by BNF91

4 hours ago, Dr. Alexander said:

Referring to Halle as ghetto and then you have a white man as your profile picture. I already know what you are…

Β 

EDIT:Β spacer.png

The man in my avatar is mixed race like me.

Β 

I personally don’t think this is princess behavior.

Β 

Β 

Edited by Pleighboy
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Pleighboy said:

mixed race like me.

Oh okay.

Dr. Alexander
19 minutes ago, Pleighboy said:

Β 

She and Chloe can be very ratchet. I mean, where is the lie? How do you know that didn’t turn audiences off?!Β 
Look at this. You don’t think parents might have a negative reaction to this? This was AFTER the TLM Β 

Oh, this is even worse. You are having an identity crisis. My PMs are open for counseling.Β 

• Thanks 1

Imagine being black and not understanding black comfortability and what it means to let loose with those who understand you. Its called havin fun.

39 minutes ago, Pleighboy said:

Β 

I personally don’t think this is princess behavior.

Β 

Β 

...have u seen the stuff the other princesses have posted and done? They r human and halle presents her self like a princess when it counts plus no other disney princess has the vibe of a real princess like halle

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.